New Member Introductions thread
Apr 6, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #5,387 of 15,551
  @ serman005
Hi, thanks for the welcome.
What do you mean about wallet? I need to change my avatar but system doesn't permit me to do.

Don't worry, your wallet is fine. Its content however..

You'll need to wait a few days after joining in before you can change/add a profile picture.

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #5,388 of 15,551
Apr 7, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #5,390 of 15,551
I'm new here. I'm hoping to get a little guidance.  I really don't know much about this high end stuff. 

So, I want to spend about a $100 on some earbuds to get some higher sound quality and I'm wondering about the affect the source has on sound quality. I'm not going to be buying a $500 DAP so my question is, will there be a significant difference in audio quality from listening off my old Samsung Galaxy S3 compared to a DAP like the...

Mini XDUOO X3 HI-FI Music Player JZ4760B Chip 24bit/192khz HD format Audio Player Lossless Music Player Black for 2 pcs 128G Memory Card.

Also, would you say the 1more Triple Driver earbuds are a good choice for the $100 price range?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Apr 7, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #5,391 of 15,551
Hello! New here but I've posted a couple times elsewhere. I've had the HD555s for awhile and recently decided to upgrade. So now I have the AKG K7XX and just today received a Project Polaris in the mail from Garage 1217. 

Trying to subscribe to some threads but the forum says "Failed to create subscription" - I figure maybe posting one more time might just sort that out. We'll see! Loving the community thus far.

Apr 7, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #5,392 of 15,551
  I'm new here. I'm hoping to get a little guidance.  I really don't know much about this high end stuff. 

So, I want to spend about a $100 on some earbuds to get some higher sound quality and I'm wondering about the affect the source has on sound quality. I'm not going to be buying a $500 DAP so my question is, will there be a significant difference in audio quality from listening off my old Samsung Galaxy S3 compared to a DAP like the...

Mini XDUOO X3 HI-FI Music Player JZ4760B Chip 24bit/192khz HD format Audio Player Lossless Music Player Black for 2 pcs 128G Memory Card.

Also, would you say the 1more Triple Driver earbuds are a good choice for the $100 price range?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Try creating a thread asking your inquiries, tips, or recommendations here:
http://www.head-fi.org/f/7840/introductions-help-and-recommendations

To answer, in short there will be differences. Significant or not it is up to you to decide. Each player has its own sound characteristics. Some may have a warmer, bassier sound. Some may have a brighter, more transparent sound. Resolution of the sound is affected significantly by the quality of the music files, the DAC chip, amplifier, power supply, and many more components of the source or amplifier, and your earphone. You need to try them yourself and hear if it's worth spending.
An alternative would be getting a portable amplifier and connect it to your phone. It is cheaper, and can produce a higher resolution sound than with your phone alone.
If you want to find cheap equipments you can try finding in these sub-forums:
http://www.head-fi.org/f/6552/source-components-for-sale-trade
http://www.head-fi.org/f/6551/amplification-for-sale-trade

Quote:
  Hello! New here but I've posted a couple times elsewhere. I've had the HD555s for awhile and recently decided to upgrade. So now I have the AKG K7XX and just today received a Project Polaris in the mail from Garage 1217. 

Trying to subscribe to some threads but the forum says "Failed to create subscription" - I figure maybe posting one more time might just sort that out. We'll see! Loving the community thus far.

You can automatically subscribe by posting a post in the thread. Perhaps it was just a minor system hiccup.

Apr 8, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #5,394 of 15,551
Hi all I'm new here because I'm wanting to know some handy tricks of the trade. How do you start a new thread? I'm on my phone looking through this website and there doesn't seem to be any links pertaining to starting a new thread.

Cheers

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #5,396 of 15,551
Hello, glad to be a member of here, although have been here for a while. I am a fan of portable vintage gears like those cassette and cd players. Ready for learning more and exchanging thoughts here! 

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #5,398 of 15,551
I'm from the Netherlands. Have been lurking for many many years, finally decided to join. Reason to join is that I own FAD Heaven VI, which I really love, but I'm thinking about getting the VII after having tried them at Jaben in KL.

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #5,399 of 15,551
Hi, new to the forum as a member but have been reading reviews and posts for a while.  Thought I would join "finally". Hopefully I can learn more and maybe share some of my experiences  too.  I am a musician/performer (drummer and singer). I listen to a wide range of music from classical to rock and metal.  Thanks for having me and I just want to wish everyone a glorious musical listening experience. cheers

Apr 8, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #5,400 of 15,551
  Hi, new to the forum as a member but have been reading reviews and posts for a while.  Thought I would join "finally". Hopefully I can learn more and maybe share some of my experiences  too.  I am a musician/performer (drummer and singer). I listen to a wide range of music from classical to rock and metal.  Thanks for having me and I just want to wish everyone a glorious musical listening experience. cheers

Welcome, @Fotis K! We're sorry about your pocketbook...   ---)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back