New Member Introductions thread
Apr 9, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #5,403 of 15,551
New member here, started with Triple-Fi, then UE 900, Westone W40, Oppo PM-3 and now moved on to K3003. Finally signed up to the forum after many months of just looking through all the threads. Hopefully will be able to get my first post approved soon, already got some stuff ready to sell.

Apr 9, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #5,404 of 15,551
Hi all and Frank, just signed up and looking forward picking people's brains for info...sorry newbie here so no useful info in mine! I've had an old pair of AKG K250 cans around for years so after making it to my 50th birthday recently I treated myself to a small tube amp (Bravo Audio V3) hopefully something that would make the most of the cans. So far so good. :blush:

Apr 9, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #5,405 of 15,551
Hi, i am  from India, new to the forum as a member but have been reading reviews and posts for a while.

I should begin with an admission: I am neither a musician nor a true audiophile. I am just your average enthusiast who wants to squeeze as much detail and clarity out of this audio experience as possible.

Thanks for having me on the board. Looking forward to contributing!

Best regards to all around here.

Apr 9, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #5,408 of 15,551
Hello everyone,

My name is Joseph, but you guys can call me Joe! I've lurked the forums here for a number of years now, and it's been a tremendously helpful resource for this hobby of mine to say the least. Anyways, finally decided to create an account last year for the ZMF twins giveaway, ahahaha. I didn't win, but it was worth a shot!! 

A little bit about me; I'm 22 years old. I work as an EW guy for the USAF. I love a variety of music and games and cars! And tech type stuff in general really. I live in Nebraska near Omaha, and I resent the fact that they're no decent audio shops anywhere around. This forum has been my only haven really, because none of my coworkers can relate, even though we're all nerds.

Moving on, here's my gear:

MrSpeakers Mad Dog 3.2
HifiMan HE400
HifiMan HE400i
HifiMan HE560 Jerg modded
ZMF Ori (Bocote)
ZMF Atticus (Cherry)

Micro iDSD (original)
Micro iCan SE
Garage1217 Polaris
Garage1217 Solstice - Gold Lion E88CC/ Amperex 7308 vintage/  Bugle Boy 6DJ8 - Most used tubes.

Foobar2K

I'm glad to be a part of this community and hope to learn lots here in the future. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #5,409 of 15,551
Hey joe! Nice collection you've go there. I'd venture to guess you listen to a lot of EDM and or possibly new age pop

Apr 9, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #5,411 of 15,551
Hi everyone! I can't believe it has taken me this long to join Head-Fi!

I've only heard good things about this community, and I've long since wanted to become a member.
I decided to sign up under the company I work for, Computer Lounge, a high-end electronics retailer based in Auckland, New Zealand.

I'm not here to self-promote (don't shoot me moderators!), I just want to give you guys some insights as to what it's like to be be a reseller of high end audio products.
Hopefully in time we can host a meet (or CanJam I think you call it), in our showroom in Auckland, we'd love to have you!

Happy listening guys - I look forward to getting to know ya!

// Alex

Apr 10, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #5,413 of 15,551
  Good guess!! I also enjoy J/K-pop as well as game and anime OSTs. The new Nier soundtrack in particular is just amazing. I enjoy symphonic metal too, stuff like Nightwish and Epica.

Just jumping into the convo, I'm a huuuuge symphonic metal fan. Had the pleasure of seeing Nightwish and Epica live, which is awesome because we don't often get bands like that here in New Zealand.

// Alex

Apr 10, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #5,414 of 15,551
  Just jumping into the convo, I'm a huuuuge symphonic metal fan. Had the pleasure of seeing Nightwish and Epica live, which is awesome because we don't often get bands like that here in New Zealand.

// Alex

Dude seriously?? That's awesome! I am absolutely jealous! I have yet to hear them live yet, but I imagine they're great, ahaha. Nightwish sort of lit that spark in me when I first heard "Ghost Love Score" on a random YouTube playlist one day when I was younger. I gravitated toward Epica after a while after hearing one of their earlier songs, I think it was "Cry for the Moon." It's crazy how much they've grown since then, really. Their latest two albums are pretty lit.

Apr 10, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #5,415 of 15,551
  Dude seriously?? That's awesome! I am absolutely jealous! I have yet to hear them live yet, but I imagine they're great, ahaha. Nightwish sort of lit that spark in me when I first heard "Ghost Love Score" on a random YouTube playlist one day when I was younger. I gravitated toward Epica after a while after hearing one of their earlier songs, I think it was "Cry for the Moon." It's crazy how much they've grown since then, really. Their latest two albums are pretty lit.

Nemo was the first song I heard from Nightwish, Tuomas Holopainen has a serious talent in song writing. Epica was definitely better live though, more energetic, and I got to meet the band members too! (even though I basically froze up and didn't know what to say).

Honestly my main complaint about Nightwish is that their albums aren't mixed/mastered well. Listening to their stuff on high end gear can be painful. Epica is deffintely better in that regard.

// Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back