New Member Introductions thread
Feb 27, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #5,146 of 15,538
Greetings folks!

Love the site and all of the information folks are sharing.

cheers!

Ok so anyone want to share information about in production dap+recorder unit with an fm pll tuner?

Id like it to do mp3 encoded recording cause wav is huge.
Im not interested in dar with small battery. And usually
(in my experience) recording fm is more power intensive than
Listening to mp3 or radio.

Anyone else here use lame 3.99.5 VBR lower end quality?

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #5,147 of 15,538
Hi there. New member here. Just started getting into the audio world, trying to improve the sound quality of everything in my home. Glad to meet you all. I'm sure you will be able to help me with my questions when they come up :)

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #5,148 of 15,538
Hi there. New member here. Just started getting into the audio world, trying to improve the sound quality of everything in my home. Glad to meet you all. I'm sure you will be able to help me with my questions when they come up :)

Welcome! As long as you're not afraid to ask, I'm sure someone here will be able to help you. Sorry about your wallet thoug. :D

Feb 28, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #5,150 of 15,538
 Hello!
 My name is Andrew. I love to listen oldschool progressive rock. Just looking for best emotional sound for a long time. I'm already an audiophile. I have a nice trading story on player dot ru and i want trade until i've find my own sound. Maybe i'm seek, but...

Here is my profile (Carefully, Russian) http://player.ru/member.php?u=114129
And if you want to know me little bit closer https://vk.com/id4229181

I hope you take me into your community. I understand that you also have a lot of useful information here, but I'm going my own way. (Unfortunately. D:)

Feb 28, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #5,151 of 15,538
 Hello!
 My name is Andrew. I love to listen oldschool progressive rock. Just looking for best emotional sound for a long time. I'm already an audiophile. I have a nice trading story on player dot ru and i want trade until i've find my own sound. Maybe i'm seek, but...

I hope you take me into your community. I understand that you also have a lot of useful information here, but I'm goin my own way. (Unfortunately. D:)

Mar 1, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #5,153 of 15,538
I'm just a lurker that finally decided to poke his head in and say hi. I'm very new in the audio world and love all kinds of music. I'm mainly a headphone user and my headphones are Sennheiser HD600, Fidelio X2, V-moda M100, SHP9500s. Looking forward to learning from and exploring with you guys.

Mar 1, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #5,154 of 15,538
  I'm just a lurker that finally decided to poke his head in and say hi. I'm very new in the audio world and love all kinds of music. I'm mainly a headphone user and my headphones are Sennheiser HD600, Fidelio X2, V-moda M100, SHP9500s. Looking forward to learning from and exploring with you guys.

Welcome @Rewrap! We are so sorry about your wallet.   ---)

Mar 2, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #5,155 of 15,538
I've been reading posts on Head-Fi for many many hours and thought I should finally join in. I recently got the classic HD650 and turned on the Valhalla 2 for the first time today. Sounds great! I'm a relatively old guy here, oh my god I'm nearly 60!

I should stop reading for a while and listen to the music.

Mar 2, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #5,156 of 15,538
I've been reading posts on Head-Fi for many many hours and thought I should finally join in. I recently got the classic HD650 and turned on the Valhalla 2 for the first time today. Sounds great! I'm a relatively old guy here, oh my god I'm nearly 60!

I should stop reading for a while and listen to the music.

Welcome! It's never too late to enjoy yourself. :D

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #5,157 of 15,538
Up until now I never realized I this topic even existed. I am terrible. Sorry.

So then, hey there! I'm Selbi, a random 22-years-old IT student from Germany who happens to be not crap at English (at least that's what I'm hoping, as the alternative would be a little awkward in the career I have chosen). Got into the whole headphone business just a few months ago when after a lot of research (asking on this very forum included) I finally bought myself my first ever "real" headphones, the Philips Fidelio X2. Since then it has grown into a hobby to even just read about all the stuff I couldn't even afford in my dreams, such as SR-009 or Utopias. But at least it gives inspiration to have a well-paying job after university and go there eventually.

On this forum you can find me rambling in the Metal topic a lot or be a notorious fanboy of my X2. Otherwise I lurk around here and then.

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #5,158 of 15,538
Hi guys , i have a few friends who told me i should join :) . I kind of know who they are coz not many headfi having MBS Select Dac , or Utopia might be the cheapest component in his audio system :xf_eek:k_hand_tone2:
I'm new so will try to learn more from all of you :thumbsup_tone2:
Thanks all :blush:

Mar 2, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #5,159 of 15,538
Hello everyone.  Brand new user and I just found the forum yesterday.  I can't claim to be an audiophile, but I think I'm a bit more interested than the "average" person.  I have big hopes and goals for my home A/V...  but that's some years down the road.

For right now I'm looking at a new set of earphones for enjoying my music (and, admittedly, talk shows) while I'm at work.  So I need something that is light and comfortable and preferably small as larger earphones seem to bug my ears.  I bought the Munitio 9s and they're so uncomfortable!  I've been using my $5 JLabs because they're so small and light that the necessity for comfort has overridden the desire for good sound.

This is what brings me to how I found the forum.  I was looking at comparing Shure SE215s with MEE M6 PROs, and while looking for reviews one of the search results was head-fi.org!  And the exceptional buying guides coupled with several of the posts I read convinced me that I needed to sign up and learn as much as I could from the daunting amount of knowledge on the forum.

Great!  So moving along...  after reading the buying guides and looking at some of the earphones and reviews right now, in my Amazon cart, I have:

Shure SE215
MEE M6 Pro
Final Audio Heaven II
Audiofly 56
HiFiMan RE-400
Focal Sphere

Essentially, my first two choices in addition to what I cherry picked out of the buying guide.  I tend to dislike over-ear cables so that has me leaning away from the Shure.  I had a pair of Shure several years ago and really liked them, but since having those I haven't splurged on a good set of earphones.  Unfortunately, the most I'd even consider currently is $150...  but given my druthers I'd like to keep it around the $100 mark.  I haven't been keeping up with new earphones models and technology to know what's what these days which is why I'm here.  So yeah.  Help!  And hello.

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #5,160 of 15,538
Hello everyone.  Brand new user and I just found the forum yesterday.  I can't claim to be an audiophile, but I think I'm a bit more interested than the "average" person.  I have big hopes and goals for my home A/V...  but that's some years down the road.

For right now I'm looking at a new set of earphones for enjoying my music (and, admittedly, talk shows) while I'm at work.  So I need something that is light and comfortable and preferably small as larger earphones seem to bug my ears.  I bought the Munitio 9s and they're so uncomfortable!  I've been using my $5 JLabs because they're so small and light that the necessity for comfort has overridden the desire for good sound.

This is what brings me to how I found the forum.  I was looking at comparing Shure SE215s with MEE M6 PROs, and while looking for reviews one of the search results was head-fi.org!  And the exceptional buying guides coupled with several of the posts I read convinced me that I needed to sign up and learn as much as I could from the daunting amount of knowledge on the forum.

Great!  So moving along...  after reading the buying guides and looking at some of the earphones and reviews right now, in my Amazon cart, I have:

Shure SE215
MEE M6 Pro
Final Audio Heaven II
Audiofly 56
HiFiMan RE-400
Focal Sphere

Essentially, my first two choices in addition to what I cherry picked out of the buying guide.  I tend to dislike over-ear cables so that has me leaning away from the Shure.  I had a pair of Shure several years ago and really liked them, but since having those I haven't splurged on a good set of earphones.  Unfortunately, the most I'd even consider currently is $150...  but given my druthers I'd like to keep it around the $100 mark.  I haven't been keeping up with new earphones models and technology to know what's what these days which is why I'm here.  So yeah.  Help!  And hello.
Put the 1More Triple Drivers in the mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back