New Member Introductions thread
Mar 2, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #5,161 of 15,538
Hi everyone,

New to being a user on head-fi but very familiar on it being a casual observer like with r/headphones on Reddit. Finally created an account to use the For Sale / Trade forms as I'm looking into getting a better setup than I have now which is just a sony mdr v6. I'm looking around the $250-$300 range for (closed) headphones and will get any dac/amp necessary to power them so if you have any suggestions that would be great! Thanks!

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #5,162 of 15,538
  Hi everyone,

New to being a user on head-fi but very familiar on it being a casual observer like with r/headphones on Reddit. Finally created an account to use the For Sale / Trade forms as I'm looking into getting a better setup than I have now which is just a sony mdr v6. I'm looking around the $250-$300 range for (closed) headphones and will get any dac/amp necessary to power them so if you have any suggestions that would be great! Thanks!

Welcome @sadm1! Let us.know when we can help with your headphone purchase. Just start a thread with the basics and folks will be happy to help out. And we are sorry about your wallet.  ---)

Mar 3, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #5,167 of 15,538
Hi Everyone,
new here, been lurking for quite a bit, finally started to become more active. I have a few other hobbies, so finally found the time. I've been into audio for almost 3 years, and I've recently started to build my own cables, IEMs and headphones.

Some of the gear that I own:

- Beyerdynamic T1
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro
- Massdrop HD6xx
- Hifiman 400i
- Fostex T50 RP Mk III
- Philips SHP9500
- Grado SR 80e
- Countless IEMs from 1more and Xiaomi
- DIY IEMs and headphones using diy parts or 3D printing

Amps:
- Schitt Jotunheim
- Little Dot Mk III

Will be going to CanJam Singapore 2017 next week, hoping to make some new friends there too. Say Hi if you see me :D

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #5,168 of 15,538
Hello everyone,

I have decided to become a member after reading tons of reviews here. The more I read, the more I got confused =) But it looks like an awesome and welcoming community from outside.

I have been using a Sennheiser HD555 since 2010-ish. Back then, price was my primary criteria, and I was watching movies more often. Times changed, and I gradually started listening music more than watching movies. I am an intermediate (according to.. myself) guitar player. I'd like to record a few pieces I cover, and my budget is somewhat higher than 2010. ...and that's essentially why I am here; help me choose a good set of cans!

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #5,169 of 15,538
  Hello everyone,

I have decided to become a member after reading tons of reviews here. The more I read, the more I got confused =) But it looks like an awesome and welcoming community from outside.

I have been using a Sennheiser HD555 since 2010-ish. Back then, price was my primary criteria, and I was watching movies more often. Times changed, and I gradually started listening music more than watching movies. I am an intermediate (according to.. myself) guitar player. I'd like to record a few pieces I cover, and my budget is somewhat higher than 2010. ...and that's essentially why I am here; help me choose a good set of cans!

Welcome to the party! I play guitar as well (I am using the term playing very loosely..lol)

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #5,170 of 15,538

Welcome to the party! I play guitar as well (I am using the term playing very loosely..lol)

Thank you! People sometimes ask whether I play an instrument, and I say "no" without thinking. I learn guitar very slowly. I cannot practice often enough, unfortunately, due to lack of time and space (it almost sounds like a sci-fi flick).

Mar 4, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #5,173 of 15,538
Hello All,

Here another longtime lurker, But after receiving my Ibasso DX200 I decided to join. And maybe join some threads discussing equipment.

My equipment consists of:

IEM:        UE900S, Hifiman RE600S v2 and B&O H5
On ear:    BeyerDynamic T51P
Over ear: Hifiman HE400i

DAP:  Pioneer XDP-100R, and as of today the Ibasso DX200

Greetings,
Herman (Netherlands)

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #5,174 of 15,538
Hello eveyone,

I'm Son Nguyen. I have browsed many topics in this forum as "anonymous".
Now I decided to join as a real member of this great place.
I have and am enjoying the following devices:
Shure846
Ak120ii
ATH-m70x
Fiio x3ii
Fiio e12

Thanks again for your attention.
Son Nguyen (from Vietnam)

Mar 4, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #5,175 of 15,538
Hi, greetings everyone. I've been reading review in head fi for several years and now being part of it.

I'm using za carbo tenore, ms1i, iphone earbud, kz zst, superlux 381 pn iphone 4s and 5s, and recently bought hidizs ap100 after reading some poisonus review on hed-fi thread. And now feeling worried for my decision to join this forum :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back