New Member Introductions thread
Aug 10, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #2,026 of 15,534
Hello, I have been reading these forums for several years; user reviews here are what made me purchase my first set of headphones, the HD555 back in 2006. In all these years I've been perfectly happy with them, but then my girlfriend purchased me a set of Beyerdynamic's DT 1350s for my birthday earlier this year. They are awesome. Their bass impact really made me re-evaluate my satisfaction with the HD555s, which I still love, but I needed something more.

So I started reading here again and my DT 880 600 ohms and Valhalla 2 will be here on Tuesday.

What's next? Donno but I'm excited to learn as much as possible with everyone else here.

Aug 10, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #2,028 of 15,534
Hi
beyersmile.png

I'm a student with a gigantic love for music. Music is my companion through most of my day, and music has given me endless amount of joy. Then my Kraken's broke and I searched for a replace with better comfort. Being the MBHD fanboy I was, I watched his ATH-M50(x) praise, but din't have the money to buy the M50x's. My solution was pretty simple; buy the M40X's!

After time spent with new music and listening to songs and hearing things I couldn't before, I decided to venture deeper into the headphone world. By this, I mean that I bought a headphone amplifier, and some desktop cans - in my case the Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium 250 Ohm, with a FiiO E09K.

And that's the end of my audio story.

At least for now
gs1000.gif

Aug 11, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #2,031 of 15,534
I've been reading head-fi reviews for a long time. Finally, I am a member now.

Welcome to head-fi glad you have joined our ranks. Please ask any question you like, I am sure some one will answer them.

Aug 11, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #2,032 of 15,534
Hi :beyersmile:

I'm a student with a gigantic love for music. Music is my companion through most of my day, and music has given me endless amount of joy. Then my Kraken's broke and I searched for a replace with better comfort. Being the MBHD fanboy I was, I watched his ATH-M50(x) praise, but din't have the money to buy the M50x's. My solution was pretty simple; buy the M40X's!

After time spent with new music and listening to songs and hearing things I couldn't before, I decided to venture deeper into the headphone world. By this, I mean that I bought a headphone amplifier, and some desktop cans - in my case the Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium 250 Ohm, with a FiiO E09K.

And that's the end of my audio story.

At least for now :gs1000smile:

The Beyerdynamic DT 880 250 OHM is a great headphone and I hope they give you many years of enjoyment.

Aug 12, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #2,033 of 15,534
Hi, apparently i have to post here befoure i can post on other threads...
so hi everyone, i'm Steven and i'm excited to be a part of the headphone Head-Fi community!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #2,035 of 15,534
Hi All,

My first post here. I'm in the process of changing my current headphone-only system - comprised of Audeze LCD-2 and Red Wine Audio Corvina - to a system with integrated amp/speakers
eek.gif
+ new phones.
Maybe that opener is enough to get me kicked out right away...
normal_smile .gif

Although I will by necessity still listen largely on phones I just missed the ability to hear the music in the room too much, so going to give myself the ability to do both . Also in the last few years I've been simplifying my system - getting rid of boxes and wires. Have moved from pre-amp/power-amp + speakers + headphone amp, fed by vinyl into step-up and phono stage. Too many boxes!! And i discovered that spending more money was no guarantee of superior sound.

I have a good idea of what i'm going to go for (Naim 5si + HiFiMan HE-400i), but will be useful to check things out here too and get opinions.

Also planning to get a portable player (Fiio X3 possibly) so been reading up on reviews and impressions.

Looking forward to posting more soon.

Aug 13, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #2,036 of 15,534
Hey all,
Nathan Daniels aka Utopianemo here(that's "UtopiaNemo", not "UtopianEmo" :
wink_face.gif
).  Kind of a budget guy; I listen on a pair of Hifiman re-400's and also Grado sr60's.  I really like their sonic signatures, which both sound pretty similar.  

I've been totally happy with their performance....although Hans Zimmer may have ruined it for me.  I've been listening to the Interstellar soundtrack nonstop, and dangit, my Grados are bottoming out at the loudest passages.  Need......more.......power.............

Aug 13, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #2,037 of 15,534
Hey!  My name is Nat.  

I purchased a pair of HD598's at a black friday sale for $100.  Soon after came a Fiio e07k.  Sooo comfortable & love Jazz.  I have decided that while I'm not and never will be an audiophile.  But the quality of life is so much improved with the 598's - I want to peruse owning one really nice setup.

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #2,038 of 15,534
Hi folks,

New member reporting in.  Not really an audiophile per se, just like good music through good sounding systems. 

I recently picked up a FiiO X5 2nd Gen, and am on the hunt for some headphones.  I'm sure you'll be seeing some questions from me around the forums.  Already read some reviews and threads here. 

Thanks for the great forums.

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #2,039 of 15,534
  Hi folks,

New member reporting in.  Not really an audiophile per se, just like good music through good sounding systems. 

I recently picked up a FiiO X5 2nd Gen, and am on the hunt for some headphones.  I'm sure you'll be seeing some questions from me around the forums.  Already read some reviews and threads here. 

Thanks for the great forums.

Welcome.  You might not know it yet but it's possible you might be on the audiophile path.  This place will be sure to push you down that path even faster.  
gs1000.gif

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #2,040 of 15,534
This is my first post.  Just recently purchased a cheap usb headset so I could listen to music on the computer without disturbing anyone. (It's an Ovleng Q1)  I think I need a driver to make it work but can't figure out how to do it.  I went to Ovleng's website and tried the translate to English but can't find what I need.  I'm afraid to download from a third party for fear of getting a virus or malware......can anyone offer me any suggestions? I did a quick search on the forums but didn't come up with anything.  Thanks ever so much in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back