New Member Introductions thread
Aug 4, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #2,011 of 15,578
Hi, Glenn here.

I've been following these forums for a few months now and decided to sign up now that I'm keen to improve the quality of my personal music listening.

Started with some Denon AH-D1100s a few years ago - the difference between them and the crud I used to listen with was amazing. Since then I've moved to some Sennheiser Momentum Over Ears last year.

Now that I've flac'ified my music I'm keen to step up.

Hope to be annoying you guys with questions real soon!! :)

Aug 6, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #2,012 of 15,578
Hello everyone,
My name is Arman, I'm 14 and I live in Swindon in the UK. I have seriously been obsessed by over the ear headphones since I was 12. My first cans were Skullcandy Hesh 2s, I know , they are all style over substance and I regret buying them. That is when I really started getting into headphones therefore I went on the hunt for some decent budget headphones so I bought Sennheiser HD419s and was impressed with them. And now you will not believe which headphones I actually got my dad to buy. So my HD419s costed around 35 pounds after a discount and the headphones I bought next costed 329 POUNDS but I got them for 220 from Amazon and that's one of the reasons I bought them. I also really wanted them because they were really natural sounding and were made out of aluminium and new Zealand cow leather for the headband and lambskin for the earpads. You might have guessed which ones Im talking about. None other than the giant Danish audio company , BANG & OLUFSEN, yep I bought the B&O Beoplay h6, 'PURE LUXURY'. no wonder why my name on head fi is LuxuryCansLover. That's cause I love everything luxury especially things made out of leather . From jackets and sofas to my b&o h6s.

p.s I am obssessed with Ed Sheeran's and Coldplay's and The Beatles' songs.

Aug 6, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #2,013 of 15,578
N00b here, just call me a Walkathon, a non-spamming human.  Hello world.

Bought me an X5, conveniently about a month before the X5ii was released. :-/
Anyway, still really love it but am desperate for a couple of firmware updates to increase usability (scrolling to an artist that starts with 'M'?  No thanks.)

Regardless, thankful for these forums, glad to be here, anxious to be approved, etc.  

Aug 6, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #2,014 of 15,578
  N00b here, just call me a Walkathon, a non-spamming human.  Hello world.

Bought me an X5, conveniently about a month before the X5ii was released. :-/
Anyway, still really love it but am desperate for a couple of firmware updates to increase usability (scrolling to an artist that starts with 'M'?  No thanks.)

Regardless, thankful for these forums, glad to be here, anxious to be approved, etc.  

Welcome to Head-Fi Walkathon (and everyone as well)!

Nice username!  It reminded me of my childhood when I used to run Jogathons in elementary school.

It will be nice to hear the X5ii in person, hopefully at the next CanJam.  Maybe if you hear the X5ii in person and like it compared to your X5, you can probably get a good return on selling your X5.  

Take care, and welcome!

Aug 7, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #2,015 of 15,578
Hey everyone!

Jude from JDS Labs here, I'm ashamed its taken me this long to personally join head-fi. I try to be present at our exhibits at the CanJams and other shows so its entirely possible that we've already met if you're from the Denver or SoCal areas. 

That being said I am just a lowly machinist so I'm mostly here to learn about the ever-evolving amount of gear out there. I have a great appreciation for music (as I'm sure most of us do) and if anyone wants to chat about Animal Collective or just has a question about some JDS products, please let me know!

Thanks!

Aug 7, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #2,016 of 15,578
Hey everyone!

Jude from JDS Labs here, I'm ashamed its taken me this long to personally join head-fi. I try to be present at our exhibits at the CanJams and other shows so its entirely possible that we've already met if you're from the Denver or SoCal areas. 

That being said I am just a lowly machinist so I'm mostly here to learn about the ever-evolving amount of gear out there. I have a great appreciation for music (as I'm sure most of us do) and if anyone wants to chat about Animal Collective or just has a question about some JDS products, please let me know!

Thanks!

Hi theotherjude! You've got an awesome username!

Are you going to RMAF this year? If so, hopefully I'll see you there.

Welcome to Head-Fi!

Aug 7, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #2,017 of 15,578
If you're going to Tokyo, e-earphone in Akihabara is a must.

http://www.e-earphone.jp/

Website's in Japanese, but it should be pretty easy to navigate. They've got a huge selection of all kinds of headphones, IEMs, DACs, amps, and more. They deal with a lot of used items as well, so chances are you can find a used version of whatever you're looking for if you're on a budget. The employees speak basic English, but if you're asking them detailed questions you might want to brush up on basic Japanese.

Aug 7, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #2,018 of 15,578
  Hey everyone! I'm going to tokyo, japan in a few days, can anyone recommend me a store with a wide variety of used IEMs?

I'm looking at a used fitear togo! 334 and the unique melody maverick/mason.

Welcome to Head-Fi!

If you are looking for a used Fitear 334, try to demo the Fitear Fitear (not a typo) as well!   Both sounded amazing to me.  The main difference to my ears being the 334 is slightly more treble-focused/emphasized than the Fitear Fitear.

Aug 7, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #2,019 of 15,578
Hi theotherjude! You've got an awesome username!

Are you going to RMAF this year? If so, hopefully I'll see you there.

Welcome to Head-Fi!

Thanks! 

And absolutely, RMAF last year was my first show ever and I had an incredible time. I'm looking forward to repeating the experience this year. 

See you there!

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #2,020 of 15,578
hey everyone, I'm Christopher from Croatia. Since my name is long, feel free to shorten it to Chris. 

I work in Zagreb, at four local radio stations - Enter, Antena, Narodni radio, Totalni FM and national news company as audio technician and sometimes i jump in as a producer.

I started getting into headphones and headphone amps about four years ago. since i had fairly limited budget, i stumbled upon this site and read lots of posts to decide what my first equipment is going to be. so after about a week or two of reading, comparing and thinking i went for HiFiMeDIY Sabre USB DAC that i can use with any PC or laptop around the house, bought Panasonic RP-HTF600's from amazon and built the NP-100v12 ecc82 tube headphone amp. I play my music from Foobar2000, mp3 320 or flac. I am satisfied with my initial equipment, it sounds very good for money i spent on it. over at job we use beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80's in studios. Very good cans, but unfortunately in a bad condition since DJs don't really handle them as they should. 
Now I am in search for my next pair of headphones since panas are plastic and started to break all over the place. soon the only thing that will be good on them will be drivers. that's the result of cheap frame production.. My next aim is to find some good headphones under 100$ mark. panas cost me about 50, so I'm looking for double or less in price. That's for next year or two until i save some more money for 200-300$ range. And there's no better place to find good reviews and advices than head fi forum and comunity. Well, that's my introduction :) see you around!

Aug 8, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #2,021 of 15,578
Hi everyone,
I'm from Canada.

I'm passionate about audio equipment (Despite having little of it) and I research audio equipment excessively.
I also like listening to music but I figured that was pretty standard for anyone here.
After coming to Head-fi several time while searching for various audio products, I decided to create an account.
I just started my account today so I don't really know what to do here, any advice would be great!
Since you're reading this, I assume you've read the rest of my first activity here.

Thanks for reading,

-N

Aug 9, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #2,023 of 15,578
Hi everyone!

Bynx here, long time lurker.

I bought my first CIEMs on this forum, and had a wonderful journey playing with them (except for the part where I injected silicone too deeply in my ear canal for an impression, and had to take painkillers just to pull it out x_x - but hey, that's all part of the fun). Lately, I've been migrating back to producing on monitors, as I find it way more visceral than headphones.
I write psychedelic bass music, and I studied electroacoustics briefly at Concordia U in Montreal, and classical piano before that. I'm fascinated by the science of sound and vibration, and transforming these vibrations into sonic narratives is one of my passions. The intersection of shamanism, altered states, and sound is my jam.

Peace out y'all \v/

Aug 10, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #2,024 of 15,578
Hi all, short introduction. Newbee, as in "almost no experience with portable stuff at all, but interested in exploring the options." There should be an Ipod Nano lying somewhere in my house, not bothered in finding it though, because of Itunes necessity. O, and a pair of Shure 215's, or at least I think that's what they are called? Used them for Phone music, but they are quite uncomfortable.

The non portable stuff is a different story. Current setup is a Naim system, Classic series pre/power, streamer and Wilson Benesch  speakers. Next step is to extend this setup with headphones.

Aug 10, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #2,025 of 15,578
Hey all.

I'm Cato from Norway. Been reading these forums for a while, but i haven't joined before now.

I have been using IEM for a while. Started up with Shure SE535. A few years later I upgraded and got myself a pair of SE846. I found these IEM to be amazing and really good when I'm traveling.

Recently i started looking at DAC/Amp setups and some headphones. I was going to different stores and testing a lot of different setups (Hifiman HE-1000, HE-560, Audeze LCD 2, X, 3, Sennehiser HD800, Beyerdynamic t1, Shure SRH1840 +++). Some months later I decided to buy the Sennheiser HD800 and since my budget was stretched i went for the new Audeze Deckard. I find this DAC/Amp solution to work very well considering how "cheap" it is. The normal comments about the HD800 is that it needs a extremely expensive amp to run good, but to my ears the Deckard sound like a good match.

Next on my list is a portable player, been looking on the Fiio X7. After my last shopping spree (HD800 + Deckard) i got a real hunger for new hifi equipment :) I guess I got the disease as well now :)

Looking forward to read the experience of others and also try share some of mine! Peace!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back