New Member Introductions thread
Jul 28, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #1,983 of 15,533
Dang it, sorry. Nothing to see here.

Jul 29, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #1,986 of 15,533
Hello everyone!

I've been occasionally visiting the forum from time to time, now that I have the opportunity, I'm curious to discover what more serious equipment than proprietary PC speakers/cans can offer. 

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #1,987 of 15,533
Great to join this community.
Firstly, I should disclose that i’m a part of the “industry”, however i’m not interested in promoting or peddling specific products; rather, I represent a site, which is committed to improving the product selection process. Our site is a work in progress and relies on the information and knowledge accumulated by those in “the know,” and, in general, by the experiences and findings of the community. Thus far have been learning by following discussions on Head-Fi, but feel like its time to participate more directly.

Jul 30, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #1,988 of 15,533
I suppose an introduction is in order....

You can call me by the user name, or Keith, either one works for me. 

So far, my audio set-up is a pair of Bose IE2 earbuds (which have seen better days) and a Cowon IAudio 9+.  The IAudio 9+ is filled with primarily FLAC CD rips, with genres ranging from Hip-Hop, to R&B, Jazz, Rock, and a hint of Electronic.   

I'm hoping the Hi-Fi enthusiast community can help me find a pair suitable to replace the Bose, and maybe become a part of the community in the process.

Hi Kieth, I've also had those Bose, didn't like them. I don't have any over ear headphone experience, only in ear. I've had Denon earbuds, I really liked but now I've got RHA T10I and they're amazing. The became even better when I got a mini amp. I guess I don't really have advice, just able to say that what I'm using sounds fantastic.

Jul 30, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #1,990 of 15,533
Hi Kieth, I've also had those Bose, didn't like them. I don't have any over ear headphone experience, only in ear. I've had Denon earbuds, I really liked but now I've got RHA T10I and they're amazing. The became even better when I got a mini amp. I guess I don't really have advice, just able to say that what I'm using sounds fantastic.

If I'm ever in the market for a set of earbuds, I'll give those T10Is a chance, but currently I'm in pursuit of a closed back over ear headphone.  The main reason I got the Bose way back was because I had some reward points at work to use for them and I figured I'd give them a chance.  Venturing out into this audiophile world, I'm starting to dislike their sound...plus they're hanging on by a thread anyways, so I'm looking for a replacement.  I've got a pair ATH-M50xDG coming in, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is a pair I like.

Forgive me for asking, as I'm fairly new to this, but how much different did they sound with the mini amp?  I figured earbuds had a low enough impedance to make amps a non-issue...

Jul 31, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #1,994 of 15,533
Why do i have to end up with expensive hobbies.. First pc gaming, then came booze and now this. But i LOVE my hobbies :D, glad to be a part of community that loves music.

I'm a student who barely studies and spends most of the time with his hobbies :p. I own a HD 598 and Hifiman RE-400 and mostly listen to Video Game and Anime soundtracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back