New Member Introductions thread
Jun 14, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #151 of 15,524
Hello hello, I've been a lurker for a number of months and finally joined up.
And yeah, I know about the whole "sorry about your wallet" thing >_< it's all good, great audio is worth it!

If I'm not on here, I may be posting hi-fi questions and stuff at /r/headphones--just look for another NinjaSmash and you'll find me.

Jun 14, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #152 of 15,524
Hi,
I'm working on upgrading my audio equipment to a higher standard. So far I've invested in Shure SE 535's with custom sleeves, and a Fiio E17. I listen to music both on my iPhone and from my laptop at home. Now researching what to do with the music I have - formatting, storage, etc. Looking forward to learning more here! 

Jun 14, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #153 of 15,524
Hi I am also somewhat new, I lurk but I am quite new to head-fi and the audio scene.
I enjoy good music & nice headphones, and I enjoy building PC's as a side hobby.

Previous cans:  ad900x, he-500, and soon to be LCD-2 (They show up monday XD)

Jun 15, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #156 of 15,524
Short time lurker, first time poster. 40 year old photojournalist who picked up a pair of ATH-WS33X while in Japan because I forgot my earbuds back in the states. Had been looking for about two years to buying a starter headphones to get in to audiophile stuff. Just ordered a pair of ATH-A500X for home listening, and the WS33X for travel. Still, looking for a cheap set for jogging/running, and I'm pretty sold on Audio-Technica, whom I've never heard of until I bought my WS33X's last month.

Prior to buying what I have now, earlier in the year, I did seriously look at Beats but scratched my head and refused to buy in to the hype. I never considered Bose, just because for the price and feeling that "Meh, hype" Skullcandy looked cool, but again, I was sort of put off by reviews and advice from a few DJ fans. Sennheiser and AKG, I still haven't made up my mind on. Then the rest. So, I suppose I'm an Audio-Technica guy at this point and may buy a set of ATH-M50X at some point in case I'm in the mood for a different sound signature on my listening days.

I listen to everything. Prefer techno/EDM and related genres. Love J-pop. Really like punk/alt and ska. Like rock, hard, classic and some heavy. Tolerate classical, rap, and country.

Hope that sums up the initial mandatory intro post.

PS: I hate parrot advice, reviews and suggestion. A giant pet-peeve on mine from years of being on photography and camera forums.

Jun 15, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #158 of 15,524
Jun 15, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #159 of 15,524
Hi I'm Leinster11 new to the form am really just getting into audio been using HD650's for around 4 years just plugged into TV/laptop jacks. Didn't know what an DAC was and that my headphones needed amped, Blasphemy you all say! I'm just learning now and the more I learn about hi-end audio the less I feel I know. It's a confusing and expensive world! Hopefully you guys can help me learn.

Jun 15, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #160 of 15,524
I'm a Sega fan as well, as I have played the Sonic series on just about any console that I could get to play it.  From emulating the games on the PC, to running Sonic 3 on the DS, and playing the iPhone ports, Sega was a great platform in its day...I even purchased the Sega Nomad.  If you have heard about that console, you really are a Sega fan! 

Well, I haven't heard about this console and I know about a lot of unreleased sonic games and played a lot of betas. So yeah that's something really dark in SEGA's history in my opinion. I happen to love my Dreamcast to this day because I use it to play my beloved Sonic Adventure 2. Good to meet someone like me here! ^^

Jun 15, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #162 of 15,524

They've actually been around since the '60s making phono cartridges and have made headphones and mics since the '70s. I've always been very pleased with any of their products that I've owned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio-Technica#Company_history

Yeah, when I got home from Japan, I spent some time researching A-T. I'm on the very cusp of this audiophile thing. Back in the 90's I had a few Aiwa setups and subs in the house, and a sub with an amp in my Mustang, but nothing as so hardcore.

Jun 15, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #163 of 15,524
Was a lurker for a while. Decided to join to a few months back but haven't posted too much yet. I intentionally avoid this place when I'm low on $, :)
Happened upon a used pair of Denon D2k's (as recommended/raved about in these forums) for $180(!) and am quite content.

Jun 16, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #165 of 15,524
Every new member who posted in the last week, I've upgraded your permissions so you can fill out your profile now. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back