New Member Introductions thread
Jun 9, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #136 of 15,539
Hi all. New to the head-fi scene and looking forward to hearing from all the folks on here about their gear.  Difficult to audition all the great stuff mentioned here in person, so having folks give their thoughtful impressions is really helpful.  

Jun 9, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #137 of 15,539
Hello everyone my name is Larry going by HandCrank since that was my first introduction to listening to music many years ago on a Victor Talking Machine my grandparents owned. Really do not miss all the scratches but still enjoy listening to Jimmie Rogers, Louis Armstrong, Bassie Smith, Fats Waller enjoy Ry Cooder on Bottle Neck Guitar. Blues, Jazz, Classical, Country and Western and old Rock and Roll. In the last 15 years been using a sound card on computers for listening enjoyment with a 5.2 surround sound system and a set of Sennheizer PC 350s. Looking for a much cleaner sound system will have a more natural sound. Been reading the  Head-Fi forums and looking at pictures decided to join the forums. 

Thanks

Jun 9, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #138 of 15,539
Hello Everyone, My name is Maniz. I am from India and currently staying in Phoenix AZ USA. I have been reading thousands of posts and reviews from Head-Fi. Big thanks to you guys for your reviews and recommendations :) I currently have Little Dot MK III Amp and Parasound Z Dac. Looking forward to talk to you guys.

Thanks!
maniz

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #139 of 15,539
Hi, As you can see I'm a SEGA fan and ended using this nickname for a lot of accounts in forums and a lot of other stuff. I'm quite happy with my 449s but I can't help but keep wanting something even better than them, After endless hours in the forums I ended up creating this account to ask for help in my new pair, I don't have any idea on where my quest will end but I want to keep trying and buying new headphones, I also have 201s by the way and they were my first real pair of headphones. Glad to meet you ^^

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #140 of 15,539
Hi, As you can see I'm a SEGA fan and ended using this nickname for a lot of accounts in forums and a lot of other stuff. I'm quite happy with my 449s but I can't help but keep wanting something even better than them, After endless hours in the forums I ended up creating this account to ask for help in my new pair, I don't have any idea on where my quest will end but I want to keep trying and buying new headphones, I also have 201s by the way and they were my first real pair of headphones. Glad to meet you ^^

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #141 of 15,539

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #142 of 15,539
Just thought I should drop by here to say hi and introduce a little bit about myself. Not an audiophile by any standard, just a casual music listener but whenever I do some research on stuff it always leads me here.

My first "real" pair of iem that I can remember is a Bose IE2 (mainly because of the burnt in my wallet at the time). It died a year ago due to broken cable and I now own a pair of Denon C710, Fischer Audio Eterna v1 (a surprise find during a travel trip) and Shure SE215. Never own a full size before due to the unavailability of trying them out before buying at my place, I might some day though.

I listen to a mixed bag of music genres from classical to modern pop, whichever song that I find feels "right" to my ears? Mind? Brain? Heart?

That's about it I guess, look forward to my stay here and pardon me for my lack of technical knowledge.

Jun 11, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #143 of 15,539
Hola from Texas.  Been reading for days...too much, LMAO.  Rookie to audiophilia and trying to get educated so I have a good start on some purchases.  Listen mostly on my Mac Air and the iPhone 5s (that is outside of my vehicle).  Taking it all in so I can make a couple of intelligent acquisitions for a start including a good portable DAC/headphone amp combo for the Air and closed/sealed headphones (family).

Great forum...

biggrin.gif

Sam

Jun 13, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #145 of 15,539
Hi, I have been reading various threads on this awesome forum for several months, and wanted to share my thoughts regarding the Estron Linum MMCX BaX cable and the Sensaphonics Custom "Regular" Sleeves for the Shure SE846.  Hopefully I will be able to post pictures of the cable as well as the custom sleeves...I am not sure how much I have to post to be able to do so (I have read you may have to post as many as 40 times to be able to post any pictures).  I definitely don't want to post the reviews without pictures, so hopefully I can find out what I can do to be able to post the reviews, with pictures, ASAP.  

Jun 13, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #146 of 15,539

I'm a Sega fan as well, as I have played the Sonic series on just about any console that I could get to play it.  From emulating the games on the PC, to running Sonic 3 on the DS, and playing the iPhone ports, Sega was a great platform in its day...I even purchased the Sega Nomad.  If you have heard about that console, you really are a Sega fan! 

Jun 14, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #147 of 15,539
Hello everybody
My name is Kiran(from India) currently in Phoenix,AZ. Have been a long time reader of head-fi and follower of many threads here. In love with audio for a long time. Have spend a lot of my money in audio stuff :grinning:. Began with a humble transcend mp 610 and creative ep 630 in ears. Currently my setups are as follows

Htpc
Intel nuc
Peachtree DAC itx
Musichall a 15.2
Monitor audio gold gr 10 in mount-it speaker stands
Harmony 650 remote

Laptop
Acer aspire v7
Schitt modi
Project starlight
Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohms

Setup in India
Laptop
Maverick audio tubemagic d2
Topping tp 20
Klipsch rb 61 ll

DAP - Fiio X3

Thanks for reading

Jun 14, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #148 of 15,539
Already replied to the kns8400 thread. But thought I'd officially say hi.

My name is Matt. I'm from southern Oklahoma. 32, married with 2 boys. One is almost 3 the other is about 7 months. Work on motorcycles and at ups to pay the bills, but a musician at heart.

Grew up listening to all kinds of music. My dad was in several bands when I was young. So tagged along to watch him play.

Got my first guitar when I was about 8. In 4th grade joined the band and we all played flutophones. When it came time to pick an instrument at school, I chose drums. At the time I figured I should learn those as you also had those in "real" bands. Not trumpets and clarinets and such. At least that's what I thought then.

Continued playing both my entire life. Was in several honor bands throughout high school. Including the state fair band. Also joined a rock band playing guitar towards the end of high school.

Got a scholarship to play percussion in college. And was still playing with the rock band. Started learning about live sound and recording around this time. Have been a free lance sound engineer on the side also.

As time went on the band fell apart. I left school and got a "real" job. Still play music at church and do some engineering fairly often also. Music is still important, but my family has lessened it's importance some. Still appreciate great music in any format. Glad to be part of the group.

As far as my main gear right now. I've got a MacBook Pro, running pro tools, Harrison mixbus, and reaper. A metric halo 2882 as my interface with a presonus hd4 headphone amp attached. That allows me to quickly and easily switch between my etymotic er-4p's, krk kns8400's, sennheiser hd280 pros, and a cheap set of computer speakers to compare how my mix sounds on each of them.

Jun 14, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #149 of 15,539
Cheers,

I'm Cari, and I'll be looking for recommendations and help in other threads. Currently learning about lossless audio--I'm a classical singer, so I do a lot of traveling and a LOT of listening. Older recordings, a lot of them pre-stereo. I just found out about Pristine Classical and the awesome remastering he's doing with some of the recordings I already have, and I'm excited to pick up some more equipment before my next trip to Europe, rip all of my key listening to FLAC, and start using something OTHER than the torture that is iTunes. 

Currently live in Silicon Valley, so hopefully I'll be at the San Francisco Meet.

Best wishes, and thanks for being such a great and open community!

--CM

Jun 14, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #150 of 15,539
Hello everyone, I recenlty lost a good pair of on-ear's and as I was looking for new ones I eventually got here and like it since the reviews seem fair and very well oriented, I've been without headphones for about a month now and been using crappy apple plugs, so please help me end my misery.

Users who are viewing this thread

• DP42
Back