New Member Introductions thread
Jun 16, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #166 of 15,551
hi all,greeting from malaysia.always been into music listening.used to own 2 ipod classic,1 shuffle with stock earbuds and some cheapo mobile speakers and a beat studio.recently i get itchy again after been out of dedicated DAP for some years so i get myself a DX90+HD661.man that was a revelation...and i'm hooked..and yet to received my first amp (used e12 DIY).Of all the few cans (LCD-2 ,HD600,FAD Pandora Hope 4)i had a listen (very briefly i must say) i'm very impressed with FAD pandora hope 6 and SENN HD650.i am yet to commit to make any spending on headphones as i'm still researching but i feel it's almost sure the FAD will be the one due to the fact that i need the close back design for most of the time...or maybe i can have a look at Alpha Dog..and one portable amp that can drive it decently...

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #167 of 15,551
Hi, my name is Mark and I am a new member here at Head-Fi. I have lurked on this site for the past 6 months and have found the headphone buying guide and tube rolling threads incredibly helpful. I used to DJ in university (a little over 10 years ago) and used Sony 7506 headphones for a long time. I own 2 Vestax PDX 200 turntables, a Rane TTM-57 SL mixer and I started out on a vestax 06 Pro mixer. For speakers, I have Behringer B2031 Monitors connected into balanced outputs on my Rane mixer. I got into DJ'ing after hearing a Mixmaster Mike mix tape called 'Neckthrust One' in high school.  I had a friend who DJ'd and I used to go over to his house after school and learned how to mix and scratch. Fast forward 10 or so years and I am now married, own a home and work full time as a Project Manager. I don't DJ anymore but I still enjoy playing with my turntables when I have free time. I enjoy listening to Hip Hop, Reggae, Rock and pretty much anything aside from Country music. I have around 2.5TB of music on my portable HD.

Up until around 8 months ago, before I discovered head-fi, my listening setup consisted of a macbook pro, some Edifier S330D speakers, Audio Technical ATH-M50 headphones, Futuresonic Atrio M5 earbuds, Shure SE215 Earbuds, a fiio E5  and a huge CD collection built up over the years and converted to 320kbps MP3 and Apple Lossless. Since my wife had been studying for her CGA, her tolerance for my music playing over my speakers has decreased significantly. As a result, I have developed an expensive new hobby that has resulted in the following purchases (in order):
1) Sennheiser RS 170 Kleer Wireless Headphones and transmitter (refurbished)
2) Sennheiser HD180 Kleer Wireless Headphones (without base)
3) SMS Audio Kleer Dongle
4) FIIO E18 DAC/portable amp
5) Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro headphones
6) Little Dot MKIII Headphone Amp with Mullard M-8100 and Voshkod 6J1P-EV Driver Tubes, 6N6PI, 6N6P Gold Grid, and Sovtek  6H30-EV Power Tubes.
7) AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2
8) Silver Plated 1/8" - RCA Cable from Amplifier Surgery
9) Hifiman HE-400 Headphones
10) Bravo Ocean Amp with Mullard Blackburn General Electric 12au7, Telefunken ribbed plate 12AU7 and JJ Electronics ECC802 tubes.
11) Schiit Asgard v1
12) Blue Jeans Cable (1/8" to RCA)
13) Mr Speakers Mad Dogs with Alpha Pads (ordered last week and anxiously awaiting)
14) Schiit Lyr from a kind head fi member (Purchased today, within 1 minute of joining head fi forum)

The search for something better has gotten me to this stage and my wallet has taken a big hit! I am confident that my new primary setup of Macbook Pro - Dragonfly 1.2 - LYR - HE-400/Mad Dogs will serve me well and I will continue to use my Sennheiser wireless HD180 Headphones while doing chores around the house and for TV watching at night. My bedroom setup will be Macbook Pro - Dragonfly 1.2 - Asgard - Mad Dogs/ATH-M50.

In order to regain some funds and reduce clutter, I will sell my Sennheiser HD170 Headphones with Kleer dongle, Shure SE215, DT990 Pros, Little Dot MKIII with tubes and Bravo Ocean with tubes. I would like to put these items for sale here on Head Fi.

I hope I did not exhaust you with my story and don't feel too sorry about my wallet. I don't have kids so I can afford to spend some hard earned cash on my new favorite hobby :)

I am happy to join this forum and look forward to reading about and discussing tubes to try out for my Schiit Lyr.

Jun 17, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #170 of 15,551
Well, I haven't heard about this console and I know about a lot of unreleased sonic games and played a lot of betas. So yeah that's something really dark in SEGA's history in my opinion. I happen to love my Dreamcast to this day because I use it to play my beloved Sonic Adventure 2. Good to meet someone like me here! ^^

Well the Sega Nomad was released in 1995, so maybe it was too long ago to remember (if you were into Sega back then). It is a portable Sega Genesis with a 3.5 in LCD screen, six buttons controller on it, a 2nd player controller port, and a TV video/audio port so it can be played on a TV just like a regular Sega Genesis. The six AA batteries it used if you didn't use the AC adapter would only last about 3 hours.

It's still a challenge to get all 7 chaos emeralds in the iPhone ports of the various Sonic games, but made easier with the YouTube videos of how to get them...heh.

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #171 of 15,551
Hi,

Long time reader of these forum.  I focus mostly on IEM.  Hoping to engage some of the reviews and taking advantage of the some the discounted gear. Definitely in the market for a new IEM, I find the UE a bit uncomfortable and especially having tiny ears and narrow head, everything is a little bit more difficult to find comfort.

Super FI 3
Triple Fi
DT-770 (80)

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #172 of 15,551
Well the Sega Nomad was released in 1995, so maybe it was too long ago to remember (if you were into Sega back then). It is a portable Sega Genesis with a 3.5 in LCD screen, six buttons controller on it, a 2nd player controller port, and a TV video/audio port so it can be played on a TV just like a regular Sega Genesis. The six AA batteries it used if you didn't use the AC adapter would only last about 3 hours.

It's still a challenge to get all 7 chaos emeralds in the iPhone ports of the various Sonic games, but made easier with the YouTube videos of how to get them...heh.

This was very informative to say the least!
But are therer ports for android too?

Jun 18, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #176 of 15,551
This was very informative to say the least!
But are therer ports for android too?

Yes, check here: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=sonic%20sega&c=apps

As you see, there are emulators there as well which means if you can find/download the ROMS, you can play 99.9% of the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/Game Gear games on your phone!  iProducts can't do that unless you jailbreak your phone and use the emulator/downloading servers and whatnot.  Anyways, have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back