New Member Introductions thread
Jul 15, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #13,787 of 15,538
Newbie here. Picked up a BTR5 and some ER2ses two years ago and was blown away. Also dusted off my 10 year old HD 280s from being an amateur radio DJ. I've enjoyed the sound from my Grados but can't get the fit quite right and was underwhelmed by pair Sundaras, both currently for sale on craigslist sfbay. Currently in the process of figuring out what nonmobile setup I'd like. Entry level Schiit stack is plenty for what I have now but am thinking about buy it once and get a Jotunheim with a dac addon card for the day when I break down and do something silly like buy a pair of HD800s. Currently in the market for some IE600s as well.

Thanks for listening to me ramble.

Jul 15, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #13,788 of 15,538
Newbie here. Picked up a BTR5 and some ER2ses two years ago and was blown away. Also dusted off my 10 year old HD 280s from being an amateur radio DJ. I've enjoyed the sound from my Grados but can't get the fit quite right and was underwhelmed by pair Sundaras, both currently for sale on craigslist sfbay. Currently in the process of figuring out what nonmobile setup I'd like. Entry level Schiit stack is plenty for what I have now but am thinking about buy it once and get a Jotunheim with a dac addon card for the day when I break down and do something silly like buy a pair of HD800s. Currently in the market for some IE600s as well.

BTR5 is no joke, that thing sounds awesome.

Jul 17, 2022 at 3:13 AM Post #13,791 of 15,538
Hi everyone,
I have been around for a while and posted a couple reviews but have not introduced myself here. I met a fella with a Thieaudio monarch yesterday at a local HiFi store in Adelaide (Australia), so I figure if I introduce myself, I might be able to find other head-fiers in the city. I run a small IEM review website and have a graph database (signature) based on 711 coupler, so if we bump into each other, I can measure you IEMs for you. Always look forward to meet other IEM geeks.

Jul 17, 2022 at 5:28 AM Post #13,792 of 15,538

Welcome to the community

Jul 17, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #13,794 of 15,538
Hi everyone! I am a complete newbie. I made the mistake of watching a random YouTube video 30 days ago. At that time the most expensive headphone I'd ever owned was a Bose QC. Today.. sitting next to me I have a Utopia, Susvara, Diana V2, LCD-5, he1000 V2, with an ab1266 phi tc on the way. For electronics, I started with a Topping DX3pro+ stack, moved to the DX5, then A90/D90SE. Now thanks to the recommendation of a kind forum member I have just received my Cayin HA-300 MK2. Which I'll be pairing with a Gustard X26pro. A big thank you to everyone for all of the fantastic advice.

Jul 17, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #13,797 of 15,538
Hi everyone! I am a complete newbie. I made the mistake of watching a random YouTube video 30 days ago. At that time the most expensive headphone I'd ever owned was a Bose QC. Today.. sitting next to me I have a Utopia, Susvara, Diana V2, LCD-5, he1000 V2, with an ab1266 phi tc on the way. For electronics, I started with a Topping DX3pro+ stack, moved to the DX5, then A90/D90SE. Now thanks to the recommendation of a kind forum member I have just received my Cayin HA-300 MK2. Which I'll be pairing with a Gustard X26pro. A big thank you to everyone for all of the fantastic advice.
It seems like you spent alot of time learning about the various brands and models! :dt880smile:

Jul 17, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #13,799 of 15,538
It seems like you spent alot of time learning about the various brands and models! :dt880smile:
LOL I'm trying. I didn't mention it, but I actually ordered the HD800S, 820, and HD600 as well. I enjoyed the soundstage, but the sound wasn't my preference, I returned them before I got the Cayin. Now, I'm wondering if through a tube amp it might be the best of both worlds.

Jul 17, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #13,800 of 15,538
While your at it I wouldn't mind a D8000 and a cayin But I'd settle for less

Users who are viewing this thread

Back