New Member Introductions thread
Jul 17, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #13,802 of 15,538
No dealers stock them near me unfortunately. Only local place has focal and senns.

Jul 17, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #13,803 of 15,538
Good afternoon, everyone. I am a new user here, but lurker for some time. I dove into the rabbit hole a few years ago, I currently have an ifi Zen dac V1, with a V2 on its way next week here. Also have a Fosi Audo T20 with aftermarket tubes, various iems along with various over the ear headphones, along with misc. anc earphones. I look forward to continuing reading the forums as I strive for the ultimate headphones, dacs, and other devices. :slight_smile:

Jul 17, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #13,804 of 15,538
Go straight to the DCS Lina stack and call it a day :p

Jul 17, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #13,807 of 15,538
Yeah that's nuts. Some things are best left alone, that way I won't know what I'm missing :p

Jul 17, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #13,808 of 15,538
Lol! I've already gone farther (spent more) than I ever imagined. I have looked at it a couple of times, but god I hope I never find the need to pull the trigger. :)
You shouldn't need to worry about this. Most people on here agree that the amp is underwhelming for it's price (dCS is a DAC manufacture so it is to be expected that their very first amp won't excell).

The dac should be polarizing aswell since, from what I read, it's pretty much like the Bartok... which many say underperforms aswell.

Last but not least; the clock... for 8k or whatever. Don't feel like I'll have to say anything about it.

All in all it's surely a good and solid stack but faaar away from being worth 27k.

Last but not least remember that headphones have by far the biggest impact when it comes to sound quality. Dacs on the other hand have the smallest.

Rant over. 😅

Jul 17, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #13,809 of 15,538
You shouldn't need to worry about this. Most people on here agree that the amp is underwhelming for it's price (dCS is a DAC manufacture so it is to be expected that their very first amp won't excell).

The dac should be polarizing aswell since, from what I read, it's pretty much like the Bartok... which many say underperforms aswell.

Last but not least; the clock... for 8k or whatever. Don't feel like I'll have to say anything about it.

All in all it's surely a good and solid stack but faaar away from being worth 27k.

Last but not least remember that headphones have by far the biggest impact when it comes to sound quality. Dacs on the other hand have the smallest.

Rant over. 😅
This is excellent news. The idea of never buying it makes me very happy lol. Have you had any experience with the Chord Dave, or Terminator 2/plus? It seems many wax poetic about the impact they make.

Jul 17, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #13,810 of 15,538

Rant over. 😅
I listened to it at canjam and went around to demo other stuff and went back 2 more times to listen to it.

Its hard to justify that price tag but after listening to it, the Bartok sounds amazing. I couldn't name an amp that comes to close to it.

For me its not worth the price tag, but if money were no object, I'd own one.

Jul 18, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #13,814 of 15,538
Hi. New member from Germany. Reading head-fi since 2016 or 15 but but never pressed register button :) Interested in ChiFi. Hybrid IEM phone history: PMV A-01->Magaosi K3 Pro->FiiO FH5. Then discovered TWS and realized that i probably cant never use a cable again. Its too annoyng. Recently discovered shure rmce-tw2 and now im using my FiiO FH5 again(more at home) together with samsung galaxy buds live(more on the walk, because of the size)

Jul 18, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #13,815 of 15,538
Have you had any experience with the Chord Dave, or Terminator 2/plus?
Not really. Only had the pleasure for a brieve demo with an Atrium (which I never heard on my home setup).
It seems many wax poetic about the impact they make.
Welcome to the world of enthusiasm lol!

Head-Fi is a great place but, as you noticed, some people tend to exaggerate when it comes to the impact of gear. Therefore I'd advice you to never buy anything based on reviews. Listen to it at a local dealer is king!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back