New Member Introductions thread
Jan 13, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #13,261 of 15,538
Hello. I have always liked different genres of music since I was a child and my mother was a clerk in a record store. I have a large collection that, due to space and comfort problems, is now digitized. I was digitizing to mp3, I had my external soundblaster, my senn 599s, and I thought that was quality. About a year ago, when my beloved ipod that I use to carry music in the car almost died, I was looking at DAPs, then IEM ... and in just over a year I have wanted to try different things. Now I am trying to transfer my collection to FLAC, I have on my desk an RME ADI-2 DAC an Ifi Zen DAC v2, a Burson Soloist 3XP and my dear Anandas. In portable configuration, a Hiby R6 2020, a Hiby R3Pro, and a L&P W2. On the IEM world, I started with a Fiio FH3 that did not convince me, and quickly moved to a B2 Dusk, a Reecho SG3, a Campfire Solaris OG from B-Stock, a Thieaudio Oracle, 7hz timeless, and recently a Penon Serial, which I am delighted with. After being skeptical about the influence of cables on IEMs and their great price difference, now I am starting to experiment with them, and their pairings with the IEMs that I have. So that's my story. I have been reading the forum for a long time and now I have created an account to thank you, ask a few things, and help where I can.
Greetings.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #13,262 of 15,538
Hi All,
'Newbie' post from a UK non-recovering audio/home cinema addict. Joined Head-Fi as in the process of upgrading headphone gear and this is the place for advice and classifieds, also long standing member of AVFORUMS. Currently 'running in a pair' of Audeze LCD-X'S (should have purchased the Hedd's 🤔) and suspect I'll need to upgrade my Amp/Dac. Watch this space.

Jan 14, 2022 at 7:35 AM Post #13,263 of 15,538
HI head-fi community! Long time lurker, have been in and out of hifi for last 7 years. Mostly headphones & tube amps. Hoping to help some of the members getting started and also learn from all the expertise here. Love the passion in the community, I've learned so much from all of you whilst searching through the depths of these forums.

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #13,265 of 15,538
Hi, got into this hobby in mid November of last year... went more than a little bit overboard with spending but I've had tons of enjoyment all the same.

Jan 16, 2022 at 2:55 AM Post #13,268 of 15,538
Hi!
I'm Franco from Milan,Italy and I love to listen the electronic music with my headphones.

Jan 16, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #13,269 of 15,538
New guy here. Posting my first lol!! Been into music for years. Dj’d a lot in the past. Made some tracks. Now I’m older and found a renewed interest in this hobby. Here to learn more and to possibly find some good deals. Right now all ive got is an iFi Go Blu and a set of Sivga Robins. An Xduoo tube amp is in the mail along with some Emotiva GR-1’s. Planning on getting back into producing music and i hope the GR-1’s will make good studio headphones cause they kinda match my beloved Robins. I am a basshead first and foremost and mostly listen to EDM but I occasionally listen to classic rock, blues, jazz and K-POP. Yes K-POP. Look forward to hanging out here and maybe I can attend one of those canjams in the future.

Jan 17, 2022 at 9:21 PM Post #13,271 of 15,538
Well, uhh, hello. How's it going. I am a person, with headphones. Aren't we all. But my best headphones are the ZMF Atticus. My amplifier is the Valhalla 2, from Schiit. And my dac is the Topping d50s, (Though I really want the Holo Audio Cyan).
I am a bit careless with money, but I get rewarded for it from time to time. How are you today? I'm, ok.

Jan 18, 2022 at 4:28 AM Post #13,272 of 15,538
Hello newish member here, I have been active in the classifieds and successfully purchased a few items on here so far including, zmf auteur and zmf Verite closed. I’m close to the end of my audio journey already, I doubt I’ll ever replace my Verites unless a pair of abyss Diana really blow me away someday when I can try them. Having a Diablo now I’m all set on portables, the only thing I’m still deciding on is what desktop amp I should get. I’m strongly considering a woo wa7 3rd gen as I love the look, size, and all in one nature with its built in dac. Either that or I’d like to score anything ampandsound related used like a zmf pendant or the forge made for headphones.com but I’m open to any different ideas. The wa7 is especially attractive to me though because I have little kids and the glass block would keep them from burning themselves on hot tubes.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2022 at 5:28 AM Post #13,273 of 15,538
Hi all,

I am Dominik from Zurich, Switzerland, and I am a headphones addict.
My current workhorse and favorite headphone is the Austrian Audio Hi-X65 which I like for its clarity and soundstage.

I am looking forward to discussing interesting topics regarding sound, headphones, DACs, DAPs and more with you.

Jan 18, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #13,274 of 15,538
Hello,

I'm a new member. I've purchased from the classifieds but have never made a post. This site has been very helpful to me so far. I currently own the Schiit Modi 3+/Magni 3+, the Monolith THX Dac/Amp combo, Philips Fidelio X2HR, Hifiman Sundara and Focal Elex headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back