New Member Introductions thread
Jan 9, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #13,248 of 15,538
Howdy y’all,
I’ve been into hifi for about four years now and mainly focus on IEMs because I used to wear headphones so much that they seriously messed up my hair. I own the Sennheiser 599’s, Sennheiser IE800, and Shure SE846. I’m currently looking to add some really high quality open back IEMs. Preferably one that can beat or rival my two IEMs in quality. After this I might start looking into some nice amps, but honestly my gear is so low impedance that I might not bother.

Alongside hi-fi, I’m very interested in firearms and their history. I also like sunglasses.

Jan 10, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #13,250 of 15,538
Hi all,

I've been following these forums for a good while, and many of the community's personal takes and mini-reviews have helped inform my audio journey.

Looking forward to sharing some of my findings as well.

My foray into audio as a hobby began with a pair of HD 558's. I've had a few other sets of cans since then.

Recently I compared the 560S against the 599, and I prefer the 599 despite the technical edge of the 560S. Maybe I'll write about that in more detail elsewhere!

I think that about does it for a good introduction.

Jan 10, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #13,251 of 15,538
Hello!

I'm Doug and I stumbled across this forum over holiday break while looking for information on the AKG K731s. After finding my way out of the rabbit hole(s) I am back to finally introduce myself and thank everyone's contributions here in this community!

While I hadn't decided on those AKGs, I did pick up a pair of the K553 Mk IIs (thank you @cobrabucket !) to clear up some of the muddiness I was hearing in the pair of ATH-PRO5X I had been using for a couple of years as a House/DnB/Halftempo/Dub DJ. Certainly more critical and much more robust in their construction and I couldn't have asked for a better first (baby) step into the world of sounds I was missing.

Hope to someday make some contributions of my own!

Cheers!

EDIT: spelling is hard!

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2022 at 4:17 AM Post #13,255 of 15,538
Hey everyone,

I hope you are all having an amazing week!

After spending several days roaming the forums and absorbing the abundance of information provided and shared through it I create my own account and now introduce myself.

From a very small city in the UK, I started my journey not long ago and what a pleasure it has been!

Looking forward to absorbing more knowledge and sharing my small but pleasant experiences

Alex

Jan 12, 2022 at 3:02 AM Post #13,258 of 15,538
Hello colleagues! I have been reading the forum for several months, it is great in content. Based on information from forum participants, I bought Sony xba z5 headphones. It was the right choice, they are great! I registered, I want to participate in discussions, I have a long experience of communicating with audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back