New Member Introductions thread
Aug 23, 2019 at 12:54 AM Post #10,501 of 15,519
You'll you already know who this is, finally I'm someone who can bring scientific insights into this community as I'm
1. A Doctor, for real
2. Music Producer
3. Audiophile

I see you sense the paradigm shift we're in because when I'm deep in the game you know I'll bring a revolution
Your Miliboi is here

Aug 23, 2019 at 1:24 AM Post #10,502 of 15,519
You'll you already know who this is, finally I'm someone who can bring scientific insights into this community as I'm
1. A Doctor, for real
2. Music Producer
3. Audiophile

I see you sense the paradigm shift we're in because when I'm deep in the game you know I'll bring a revolution
Your Miliboi is here
Wow, I'm impressed. Welcome.

Aug 23, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #10,505 of 15,519
Hey all, just signed up after a few years of being way too into this hobby. Figured it was time to end the lurking. I'm in this to enjoy and consume music as much as possible. I'm a DJ on the side, so always looking for new tunes!

Aug 23, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #10,507 of 15,519
Hey, I'm new to the hobby and to the forum, been watching audiophile stuff from the sidelines for a while but thought I'd jump in (albeit gradually, student life doesn't lend itself to huge spending).

Welcome. Not having a huge amount of cash needn't be a bar to good sound. The quest for good sound is a bar to ever having money. Enjoy being broke for your entire working life!

Aug 23, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #10,508 of 15,519
First post! Came here to learn how to optimize listening to my Westone W80s off an iPhone with Tidal HiFi. Do I need a portable dac/amp? Can it be Bluetooth? Should I buy the Bluetooth mmci cable for the IEMs? Do iPhones natively compress lossless audio? So many questions... I trust the answers are buried here!

Aug 25, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #10,511 of 15,519
Hey all,

First post and a long time lurker here. Finally decided to join to one-up the game and look for some answers.

Thanks!

Aug 26, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #10,513 of 15,519
Hello all,

I'm a new member having lurked about and read some really helpful stuff here over the last few months, I found about HeadFi from using google searches about audio gear i was interested in and have today not only joined you all here to be a proper part of the community but also made direct contact with a certain Iceland based member in order to buy a pair of Electrostatic Earspeakers.

I'm looking forward to add more to my profile once I'm approved enough to do so :gs1000smile:

Aug 26, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #10,514 of 15,519
Hello,

Long time lurker. Previous headphones; Sennheiser HD6xx > Hifiman HE4xx > Beyerdynamic DT 1990. Current headphones are Focal Elex using with Topping D30 and Schiit Magni 2 uber. Eventually, I would like to get the Monolith THX aaa 788 and then I think I will be good for awhile.

Aug 26, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #10,515 of 15,519
Hi,

I've been lurking since October, 2018. I live in Canada, and sometimes things are a little more pricey.

So when I heard about Chi-Fi, I got curious. I used the Chi-Fi IEM threads to learn what to buy for the 11.11 AliExpress sale. I picked up a Tin Audio T2 (of course), an IEM that can't be mentioned here, a TRN V80, the EZ Audio D4, and some cheaper bargain-basement IEMs.

(I also have a TFZ T2 Galaxy from MassDrop, but I haven't really used it).

So far, the biggest winner from my Chi-Fi gamble is the TRN V80, which is amazing bass for the price. I'm not a basshead, but it's a really good transit IEM.

I didn't like the T2 so much - sure, it has great fidelity for the price, and is accurate. But it's neutrality bores me (I use a studio monitor when I need neutrality), and it lacks bass. I don't need a lot of bass, but I can't stand a headphone that basically erases what's in the source material. Turns out to be a good IEM for computer use, though.

The D4 just plain sucked, I gave them to relatives who needed earphones for their mobile devices. They came with nice cases, though.

Anyway, I've been following this forum because I didn't know what to buy after I lost / broke my Klipsch IEMs, which were amazing at the time. I've been hoping Chi-Fi could replicate what I was getting out of them. In general, some of the Chi-Fi IEMs give equivalent detail to the x7i, and exceed the price/performance point of the S4i. But many Chi-Fi IEMs either lack the detail, or have weird / unnatural tuning, harsh and piercing highs, too much brightness, and are not all-rounders.

Oh yeah, I also picked up a King Pro recently, which is great for jazz. And I have the VSonic Ares, but I can't figure out a use for it.

I'm still trying to figure out what I like. I like warm instead of neutral, fun instead of analytical, V and W-shaped profiles (but not exclusively), wide and deep soundstages, and directionality is very important. I'm not a big fan of brightness.

I'm reading Head-Fi threads because I want to learn more about how to optimize my Chi-Fi IEMs, since they often need work out-of-the-box.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back