New Member Introductions thread
Apr 17, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #9,901 of 15,578
Hi guys,
I am Saran, bass lover ,came here to know what do you think about Lg's quad dac, I have been using zte's nubia Z9 mini for three years , it's audio is great especially its heavy bass with Sony xb55ap , wanna buy the new lg g8, how's the bass of it or what about the v40. Cannot settle with a phone with higher clarity less bass. Sorry for posting it here, it's just urgent... Thanks...

Apr 18, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #9,903 of 15,578
Hi guys,
I am Saran, bass lover ,came here to know what do you think about Lg's quad dac, I have been using zte's nubia Z9 mini for three years , it's audio is great especially its heavy bass with Sony xb55ap , wanna buy the new lg g8, how's the bass of it or what about the v40. Cannot settle with a phone with higher clarity less bass. Sorry for posting it here, it's just urgent... Thanks...
Hi, Saran--welcome! I would strongly recommend that you start a new thread on this forum and ask your questions in that new thread. You will get way, way more traffic and eyes and there will be more people there to help you. In any event, I am not familiar with the LG you mention--sorry. Good luck!!

Apr 18, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #9,905 of 15,578
Hi,

I'm new here but a dedicated headphone fetishist. I joined up after reading reviews of the Edifier H850 headphones on here. Got a set and I'm astounded at how good they are for the price, never mind the price, they're just good! Sparklingly clear sound and very comfy, need to burn them in for 2 days to reduce a slight harshness to the treble, soft and smooth sounding now. I don't like bass heavy cans cos I track bass using cans so need a fairly neutral sound.

Currently use:

Pioneer HRM-7, Lyxpro HAS-30, Sennheiser HD 205's, Sennheiser HD 545's (old model) - much loved but recently bit the dust, LOVE the Edifiers!!! Lyxpro HAS-30's are nice, very comfy but do have a more pronounced bass to them.

Thanks for all the useful advice & reviews.

Apr 18, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #9,906 of 15,578
Hi,

I'm new here but a dedicated headphone fetishist. I joined up after reading reviews of the Edifier H850 headphones on here. Got a set and I'm astounded at how good they are for the price, never mind the price, they're just good! Sparklingly clear sound and very comfy, need to burn them in for 2 days to reduce a slight harshness to the treble, soft and smooth sounding now. I don't like bass heavy cans cos I track bass using cans so need a fairly neutral sound.

Currently use:

Pioneer HRM-7, Lyxpro HAS-30, Sennheiser HD 205's, Sennheiser HD 545's (old model) - much loved but recently bit the dust, LOVE the Edifiers!!! Lyxpro HAS-30's are nice, very comfy but do have a more pronounced bass to them.

Thanks for all the useful advice & reviews.
Welcome aboard, @ Drust!! Do you mind my asking where you bought your Edifiers?

Apr 18, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #9,907 of 15,578
Welcome! Just a quick tip about buying and selling on Head-fi. You must have 15 posts and 30 days under your belt in order to use the classifieds section. This is not to hassle you, but rather, to try to mitigate the occasional scammers and trolls and such who sometimes try to infiltrate the site. So, for now, you should control what you can, which is your post count. Post away, and before you know it, 30 days will be up and you can buy and sell to your heart's content. Good luck. :)

Is that as in create 15 NEW posts .. or responses to various threads count as posts as well ?

Thanks

Apr 18, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #9,908 of 15,578
Thanks, I got them on Amazon UK for around £32.00 which is ridiculously cheap for this kind of audio quality. I'm sure they wouldn't compare to real high end cans but I've read reviews saying "they don't have any bass" and others that say "they have too much bass" !!!! For me, the bass is just right, well defined, precise and fast for tracking when recording but they are also a delight when just simply listening to music; I do have an eq setting for them for this: 4k cut, 500 & 32 boost, gives them a soft, lush sound. They are so comfortable you can wear them for hours. They are very light and could be considered a bit flimsy so I'll wait to see how long they last. Detachable cable is good quality and not too long. Mostly listen to Acoustic/Folk/Jazz/Old School Rock.

Apr 18, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #9,909 of 15,578
Afternoon there audio fam, I'm new to this community especially to tube amps. It's a pleasure to meet everyone. I'm a geologist, craft beer snob and a pc gamer so if anyone wants to nerd out or need advice or futher understanding of the sciences, feel free to reach out to me.

Apr 18, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #9,910 of 15,578
Afternoon there audio fam, I'm new to this community especially to tube amps. It's a pleasure to meet everyone. I'm a geologist, craft beer snob and a pc gamer so if anyone wants to nerd out or need advice or futher understanding of the sciences, feel free to reach out to me.

Hi, geologist! we've yet to discover that our future extinction lies already locked in the earth. I live near Burton-on-Trent where they make 'Burton Bridge' ale, also call in to the Barley Mow pub at Kirk Ireton sometimes to sample a pint or two of 'Newton's Drop' ... after a few pints even the fat woman with leopard-skin replica shoes starts to look attractive. (Joke! Joke! I'm not a misogynist). I also make music and use headphones a lot!

Apr 18, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #9,912 of 15,578
Hello,

New to all of this. I'm hoping to learn from everyone. Not looking to empty my wallet buying high-end phones, but cost-effective, quality items. So far:
Koss ktxpro1 recabled with mic/volume control cable from Ali Express
LG V20 with DAC
LG Xpressions Plus with DTS:X
Sony SBH-52 Bluetooth headset
POS Big Lots MQBix Foam Palette recabled with mic/volume control cable from Ali Express

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #9,913 of 15,578
Hello,

New to all of this. I'm hoping to learn from everyone. Not looking to empty my wallet buying high-end phones, but cost-effective, quality items. So far:
Koss ktxpro1
LG V20 with DAC
POS Big Lots MQBix Foam Pallette recabled with mic/volume control cable from Ali Express
Welcome aboard, @F122!! Unfortunately, we still have to say we are sorry about your wallet, 'cuz that's just what we do. :ksc75smile: Have fun anyway!!

Apr 19, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #9,914 of 15,578
Hello,

Koss ktxpro1
LG V20 with DAC
POS Big Lots MQBix Foam Pallette recabled with mic/volume control cable from Ali Express
Welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back