New Member Introductions thread
Apr 20, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #9,917 of 15,577
Hi everyone. Been around for a little while but loving the journey of exploration and discovery. I think I like that more than the end results...I've definitely learnt a little bit about the more technical aspects of this hobby but have a long way to go.

Cayin N5ii
Shure SRH1540
Etymotic ER4XR (my current favourite)
iBasso IT01s
All through custom balanced cables.

Just acquired a pair of iBasso IT04. I'm looking forward to attending CanJam in London this year.

Apr 20, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #9,919 of 15,577
Apr 20, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #9,921 of 15,577
Greetings from NJ! Been a PC enthusiast and general tech addict for over 25 years and that has led to my interest in quality audio equipment in recent years. I also participate in forums over at TechReport.com. I love music in various genres. One of my hobbies is building on a digital music library with a DIY network storage unit where I converted my CD collection into FLAC format along with other existing files from iTunes etc. I use Foobar2000 as my primary player with the RME ADI-2 DAC on headphones from Sennheiser (Jubilees), Beyerdynamic, Fostex, AKG, Hifiman (planars) to name a few. Also using some DAC/ amps from TEAC, Fostex, Denon, SMSL and LittleDot with headphones and external speakers. Done a little bit of tube rolling too. Looking forward to contributing to good discussions. Thank you.

Later, G8tor

Apr 21, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #9,924 of 15,577
Hi all,

Been visiting the forums for the past few months to read up on all the information available here. Finally signed up for an account today. Hope to learn more for everyone here!
Welcome

Apr 22, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #9,927 of 15,577
Hi everybody! I've started to look into TW IEMs in the last month, after I found out that Sennheiser Momentum TW's random discharge issue. I've been looking into M&D MW07 and Nuarl NT01AX. Looking for the best sound possible, specifically with iOS and MacOS. Any recommendations?

Apr 22, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #9,928 of 15,577
Hello those of you who read these "new member" posts. Just stopped by to start gathering some info on better equipment. I don't really have an impressive list of all this hifi stuff I purchased. I do have a Denon receiver and a pair of Advent Legacy 2 speakers I have rebuilt. Also some run of the mill headphones, wireless, iem ect.

I do enjoy music and listen many hours a day while at work and home. My current focus will be on better sounding headphones and possibly a portable amp and/or a device to use at home.

Apr 22, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #9,930 of 15,577
Hello those of you who read these "new member" posts. Just stopped by to start gathering some info on better equipment. I don't really have an impressive list of all this hifi stuff I purchased. I do have a Denon receiver and a pair of Advent Legacy 2 speakers I have rebuilt. Also some run of the mill headphones, wireless, iem ect.

I do enjoy music and listen many hours a day while at work and home. My current focus will be on better sounding headphones and possibly a portable amp and/or a device to use at home.

Welcome, you have come to the right place where advice is Free and you get what you pay for.

Not too long ago, my entire stereo world was a Denon receiver and a pair of Advent Loudspeakers.

I am now into tube HP amplifiers and High-Quality HPs while working on a very tight personal budget. I am the Affordable Audiophile and I am happy to see you, so we can help you get the Stereo you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back