New Member Introductions thread
Sep 6, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #2,236 of 15,594
Hi all. I'm Joey. I have recently learned about the awesomeness of audiophile headphones and I own a pair of ATH-M50x's and I will be soon upgrading to an open pair. I don't own a pair of IEM's so I have been looking for a good pair of ~$100 IEM's.

Welcome to Head-Fi, Joey!

What type of sound signature do you prefer? Bassy, neutral, neutral with some bass, etc.?

Sep 6, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #2,237 of 15,594
I think neutral with bass would be nice. I listen to a lot of metal and rock so whatever pairs well with that. I was looking at the Shure SE215 because they had good build quality and good isolation so I guess sound isolation and build quality have to be decent at least

Sep 6, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #2,238 of 15,594
I think neutral with bass would be nice. I listen to a lot of metal and rock so whatever pairs well with that. I was looking at the Shure SE215 because they had good build quality and good isolation so I guess sound isolation and build quality have to be decent at least

You can try the SE215 at a brick and mortar and return if it isn't your fancy. If you're interested in other IEMs, you can PM me and I can give you more options at or below the $100 realm.

Sep 6, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #2,239 of 15,594
I have the Schiit Valhalla2,
What is a good high ohm IEM?
I can't use regular headphones so I'm stuck with IEMs,
I've been looking at the klipsch X11 or x7i but I'm not sure if if the ohms or sensitivity is high enough

Sep 7, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #2,240 of 15,594
Hi all,

I'm pretty new to hi-res audio. Just kind of getting used to the terminology and specs and really, really enjoying some of my favorite albums in hi-def. I'm currently listening via a Fiio X1 with some crappy earbuds. Any advice on earbuds is welcome. Currently looking at Shure SE315-CL. I mostly listen to alternative/indie rock: Pearl Jam, Modest Mouse, The Shins, Spoon, etc. I seem to enjoy a neutral sound.

Sep 7, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #2,241 of 15,594
Hello to all..

I'm a new member....and I choose this place for have discussions with passionate about headphones !!   and maybe others audio materials..
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #2,242 of 15,594
Hi everyone, I'm Johnson and I just joined head-fi today. Feeling excited to meet those you who share the same enthusiasm for high-end headphones, I'd like to say that I'm a moderately "green" audiophile. I have become an audiophile for less than 3 years, yet I have already ventured into the high-end spectrum of the headphone market.

I started with in-ear monitors, owned Westone UM3X, then jumped into the headphone market, with AKG K702 and Sony Sa5000 being the first few headphones that I owned. Within less than 1.5 years, I purchased some ultra-high end ones and am now possessing 4 top-notch headphones. I look forward to receiving my desktop amp which I have pre-ordered and may possibly build up a complete headphone system (Transport + DAC + pre-amp + amp) in the future.

Sep 7, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #2,243 of 15,594
Hey, I'm from Germany and noticed this site when I searched for a new headphone with bang for the buck.

Since then I started to mod them (Superlux HD 330), with the help of some guides on here and I think it's time to contribute with some pictures of my own Creations :)

So be prepared for some DIY Cables that I'm building :D

Sep 7, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #2,244 of 15,594
Hello,
I'm from Canada and I've been a lurker for a while; the reviews on this site are fantastic and informative.  
Started out with entry-level IEM's and am currently making my way up.

Sep 7, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #2,245 of 15,594
Reporting for duty from the sandy beaches of Penang, Malaysia. Recently got into the world of 'quality' headphones and am hooked. In the past few days since signing up for these forums, have learnt so much. Especially like the glossary for description of sound and all the comparisons between various types of branded headphones. 

Sep 8, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #2,246 of 15,594
Reporting for duty from the sandy beaches of Penang, Malaysia. Recently got into the world of 'quality' headphones and am hooked. In the past few days since signing up for these forums, have learnt so much. Especially like the glossary for description of sound and all the comparisons between various types of branded headphones. 

Howdy Malaysian, I am one too. :D

Sep 8, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #2,249 of 15,594
Hi there,

my name is Andreas and I'm from Germany. So far I was a silent reader, but I chose to sign up (mainly to follow the thread on the coming Fiio Q5).

I started to get serious (guess how serious still largely depends on your point of view
wink.gif
) with headphones and all that's attached only a few years ago, since then I added some nice stuff I really enjoy.....

Setup at work (which is right now the one I use most.....been a dad for 9 months now, little time to enjoy music at home
blink.gif
):
Lenovo Thinkpad running iTunes & VLC -> FiiO E17 -> AKG K550 (curious about the Q5 and if I should replace the E17)

ToGo:
iPod classic -> FiiO E12 -> Audio-Technica ATH-M50

@home:
Fidelio X1
AKG Q701
Grado SR80e

Meier Audio Corda Rock

Raumfeld Connector²

Synology DS212j

Right now the whole HiRes thing is still new to me, most of my files on the Synology are iTunes (AAC) rips with 256 kBits....unsure if and how I will step up my game there....

Cheers

Sep 8, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #2,250 of 15,594
Quick question: I've been a member for a while, and I even created a thread at one point. However, upon returning to this forum, I found that I could only create new threads in the Introductions forum. Why is this? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back