New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 31, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #2,236 of 8,377
  Not good:

connector broke like 3/4s

Did you keep removing and putting the cables back on the Roxanne's earpiece and putting too much strain on the locking mechanism? I don't see any reason why you have to remove the cable since there is currently no aftermarket replacement/upgrade cables for Roxanne yet.

Dec 31, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #2,237 of 8,377

Did you keep removing and putting the cables back on the Roxanne's earpiece and putting too much strain on the locking mechanism? I don't see any reason why you have to remove the cable since there is currently no aftermarket replacement/upgrade cables for Roxanne yet.

Even so... this should not be happening!

Dec 31, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #2,238 of 8,377
Dec 31, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #2,239 of 8,377
What happened?

ACK!!!  Do they still work? Is the connector in the earpiece ok? is it only on the cable? Time to get them on the phone...:mad:  

Now you got me all worried about mine...just had to take them out and inspect them...:confused_face:

Not good:

Did you drop them??

I have no idea what happened, i pulled it out of the case and there were a few broken plastic pieces i didnt mind then i noticed the connector. I only removed it once to check the connection, didnt do any heavy dropping etc etc.. I'm bummed but it still locks properly and plays music properly. Shot off an email to JH about it.

Dec 31, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #2,240 of 8,377
I am going to play this one safely... Just e-mailed Angie to ask if they can add an extra cable to my order... Also, I had anticipated on the fact that the carbon case looks nice but would not be a reliable travelcase, so I added the 'steel round' signature case from the beginning...

Hope that I can enjoy them for a long time without any hassle when they come in... It just hurts to see that all of the latest photo's are showing Roxanne's with issues :frowning2:

Dec 31, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #2,241 of 8,377
I have no idea what happened, i pulled it out of the case and there were a few broken plastic pieces i didnt mind then i noticed the connector. I only removed it once to check the connection, didnt do any heavy dropping etc etc.. I'm bummed but it still locks properly and plays music properly. Shot off an email to JH about it.

I still think you better be careful now handling the Roxanne's right earpiece when putting it and taking it off your ears even though it still locks properly. I can see that the "chipped" off parts are supposed to lock onto those exposed tracks and it seems like it is currently only being held by those tracks on the other side of the connector, so it should not be as secure/safe now. Better take care handling it now.

Dec 31, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #2,242 of 8,377
I still think you better be careful now handling the Roxanne's right earpiece when putting it and taking it off your ears even though it still locks properly. I can see that the "chipped" off parts are supposed to lock onto those exposed tracks and it seems like it is currently only being held by those tracks on the other side of the connector, so it should not be as secure/safe now. Better take care handling it now.

Trying... I guess more time with the Kaiser 10s is in order...

Dec 31, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #2,245 of 8,377
  Not good:

Not even surprised. It is JHA after all. Do people forget all those threads, people were complaining about their build quality and all. Yeah shoot me, burn me, I say what I read in these very head fi forums.

As for VZ, I admire your audio gear collection and feel sorry for your troubles. I do hope they will help you and fix the problem as soon as possible.

Dec 31, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #2,246 of 8,377
Not even surprised. It is JHA after all. Do people forget all those threads, people were complaining about their build quality and all. Yeah shoot me, burn me, I say what I read in these very head fi forums.

As for VZ, I admire your audio gear collection and feel sorry for your troubles. I do hope they will help you and fix the problem as soon as possible.

Or he can just wait for 3rd party manufacturers like DHC come out with custom upgrade cables for Roxanne and get one as replacement.

Trying... I guess more time with the Kaiser 10s is in order...

Please tell us how is the K10.

Dec 31, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #2,247 of 8,377

JH build quality?

Dec 31, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #2,248 of 8,377
  JH build quality?

I looked for the threads to provide link in here, I will be honest. I couldn't find them. Either the name changed or removed or something happened (I am not really good at understanding how things work in forums like that, that's the only forum I join and use). So that part, I am sorry I won't be able to show what I seen long time ago (back in times that I was probably only a lurker, not even posting in here).

I saw a thread that some users were saying their build quality is very questionable for their price. I believe he was talking about JH16 but if it is pre-FP or after, I can't quite remember. He was not alone either, people supported him. Apparently when I stop reading the thread some other things happened.

If my memory and non-native English fail me, the title was something like that: JHA Disappreciation Thread.

Now that I should mention, I am a ciem lover and will get probably only ciems instead of universals or headphones. Therefore JHA was in my range before buying my first customs. However all those things I read pushed me away. Now, I just read and observe other people's story, hoping that maybe one day I will see only nice things and become their customer. I am not a hater or fanboy, as I said earlier, I just write what I saw in here long time ago.

Dec 31, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #2,249 of 8,377
Is that actually just the hub part of the new cable that screws onto the ear piece? While unbelievable horrible, you can see that plastic is vulnerable when not connected to the earpiece. It was probably crunched by the case or something similar.

Sorry!!

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #2,250 of 8,377
I looked for the threads to provide link in here, I will be honest. I couldn't find them. Either the name changed or removed or something happened (I am not really good at understanding how things work in forums like that, that's the only forum I join and use). So that part, I am sorry I won't be able to show what I seen long time ago (back in times that I was probably only a lurker, not even posting in here).

I saw a thread that some users were saying their build quality is very questionable for their price. I believe he was talking about JH16 but if it is pre-FP or after, I can't quite remember. He was not alone either, people supported him. Apparently when I stop reading the thread some other things happened.

If my memory and non-native English fail me, the title was something like that: JHA Disappreciation Thread.

Now that I should mention, I am a ciem lover and will get probably only ciems instead of universals or headphones. Therefore JHA was in my range before buying my first customs. However all those things I read pushed me away. Now, I just read and observe other people's story, hoping that maybe one day I will see only nice things and become their customer. I am not a hater or fanboy, as I said earlier, I just write what I saw in here long time ago.

You have a few very outspoken people who make a ruckus. It's the nature of the business and their right.

So far we have a fingerprint issue (and as someone already explained, CF is tough to work, yet I do concur that JHA needs to do a better job inspecting the final pieces before shipping them out to avoid a mishap like this, it really is not acceptable and I would be pissed off if I received mine like that) and now a cable issue.

I know if I was running a brand new product roll out and had two issues like a fingerprint and a cable breaking, man, I would probably close down my business, write the president an apology letter, and head to far east to rethink my life and its purpose.

OR:

Can we at least wait for VZ report back on what JHA is going to do about? My guess is a new cable is heading VZ's way soon. (heck the earpieces aren't even broken which is a good thing for VZ with respect to downtime, I realize it still sucks, but I've had issues with equipment where they are little more than expensive paper weights).

Also, can we all at least wait until more than like a half a dozen folks report problems before generalizing on a product roll out or a company's level of quality control? Eee gad....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back