New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 31, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #2,251 of 8,377
Is that actually just the hub part of the new cable that screws onto the ear piece? While unbelievable horrible, you can see that plastic is vulnerable when not connected to the earpiece. It was probably crunched by the case or something similar.

Sorry!!

Or the part that screws on was just manifactured too tight... Meaning that it was being pushed out for some time and just gave up...
I hope it was just a one-timer.... I still have high hopes for this CIEM:)!!

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #2,252 of 8,377
I was actually quite disappointed with JHA myself after what happened to my shipping,
I know someone mentioned that it was partly my fault for not checking the holidays in the U.S. and I will admit it.
But I'm starting to see UM in JHA, where they keep on accepting orders even when they got their hands full, thus affecting the build quality of their products.
They should at least stop accepting orders until things get a little more in control (just like what Cosmic Ears did).
I'm not posting this because I'm JHA haters nor Cosmic Ears fanboy, in fact I ordered Roxanne from JHA during the Black Friday promotion.
(please don't flame for for this)

And Amber, is this what you were saying?

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #2,253 of 8,377
Could be a lot of things and as easy as stress from cross threading before or after shipment. Over tightening could do the same. Looking at the connector, It should be very strong once attached. I'd feel better about it than the standard 2 pin arrangement in my CIEM. That someone would point at this as proof of anything is an OMG moment for me. He'll get a replacement cable and all will be well. The sky is not falling. Personally the current connection wouldn't stop me from using them while I waited for a new cable. Of course VZ has other new toys as well
bigsmile_face.gif
 and can still run them in without risk if he likes.

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #2,254 of 8,377
  FYI, I asked Jerry about "burn-in" and he agreed that BA drivers do need some use to loosen up. With my JH-13s they started out sounding completely off, with almost no bass to speak of. After some hours of use, the bass appeared as if another driver had been added. This was not my brain adapting to the sound, as I wasn't using them daily. This doesn't, of course, mean that this will be true for every pair of headphones or IEMs.

Anyhow, as for the "dark" impressions, it isn't that I felt they had a rolled-off treble, but more the sense of the music coming out of blackness. I associate this with a lack of ringing or other types of distortion that are so common in headphones that we get used to them as being normal. I did have some discussion with Jerry in which he talked a bit about the issues with treble quality in IEM designs that he had worked to overcome, so I'm guessing it is somewhat related.

I remember my first impressions of them that they had an un-IEM-like sound. My JH-13s still very much sound like IEMs to me. The universal loaners should arrive today or tomorrow though so I'll focus on them for a week and see what I can figure out.

Mine were the same. It took a bit for the low bass and extended highs to flesh out. Sort of middy and congested compared to after a bit of use.

Dec 31, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #2,255 of 8,377
  I was actually quite disappointed with JHA myself after what happened to my shipping,
I know someone mentioned that it was partly my fault for not checking the holidays in the U.S. and I will admit it.
But I'm starting to see UM in JHA, where they keep on accepting orders even when they got their hands full, thus affecting the build quality of their products.
They should at least stop accepting orders until things get a little more in control (just like what Cosmic Ears did).
I'm not posting this because I'm JHA haters nor Cosmic Ears fanboy, in fact I ordered Roxanne from JHA during the Black Friday promotion.

What I saw was a thread in forum section mate, not a review in head gear section however there is a big chance that the same user did both of them.

Dec 31, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #2,256 of 8,377

It's nobody's fault because there is no fault. They will retrieve your valuable impressions from the post office when they reopen. What difference would it make if you held off your shipment or they picked them up sooner if the workers are off? You're just being silly. I suppose you expect to get your phones a couple weeks after they receive the impression that you waited a month to send them as well. Turn around was about 6 weeks from receiving impressions last year if it fell into the holidays and probably similar this. Less if you got them in right away. Far from unreasonable for customs during a promotion. Nature of the beast and something that should be understood by potential buyers.

Every JHA thread does not need to be turned into a bashing thread. Every custom maker thread on this forum has equal instances of dissatisfaction with CIEMs. In fact JHA has never had as long a wait time as most others at their worst. Their 3a being a notable exception but unrelated to this.

Dec 31, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #2,257 of 8,377
  I'm not surprised the CF are delayed. It is a new material that they never worked with, you need to do a lots of QA before shipping a product out. If for whatever reason something goes wrong, it will cost JH a boat load of money in warranty support, so they are just taking the time to make sure they get it right the first time. So people, the lesson to learn here is don't jump on everything that's new. Not because of the wait (you CAN wait a little longer, this isn't life or death), but more because the less changes, the less chance of problems. For example, I am terrified about the new proprietary connector and cable. I hope JH doesn't screw it up. I would never pick CF (don't care how cool it looks), because it's yet another variable in the equation of potential things that can go wrong (within or god forbid outside the warranty period).

And here we go... I called it. God damn.

I feel sorry for you VZ, I hope JHA straightens it out for you asap.

Dec 31, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #2,258 of 8,377
   It's nobody's fault because there is no fault. They will retrieve your valuable impressions from the post office when they reopen. What difference would it make if you held off your shipment or they picked them up sooner if the workers are off? You're just being silly. I suppose you expect to get your phones a couple weeks after they receive the impression that you waited a month to send them as well. Turn around was about 6 weeks from receiving impressions last year if it fell into the holidays and probably similar this. Less if you got them in right away. Far from unreasonable for customs during a promotion. Nature of the beast and something that should be understood by potential buyers.

Every JHA thread does not need to be turned into a bashing thread. Every custom maker thread on this forum has equal instances of dissatisfaction with CIEMs. In fact JHA has never had as long a wait time as most others at their worst. Their 3a being a notable exception but unrelated to this.

The thing is my package arrived at JHA doorstep at the 26th & 27th of December, and I don't recall there were any special day on these dates. And picking packages up is not as easy as you think, USPS only kept them for 15 days and they'll send it back. Alright that's done, at least I've rescheduled mine to the 3rd of January.

Okay next, I've ordered a CIEM before and I know you can't count in the shipping days into the turn around times. I'm not saying I need the CIEM right away, in fact I'm not rushing to get things done, I don't even mind if their turn around time was 2 months.

Lastly, I know lots of people bought them during the promotion and I'm not blaming JHA for getting this much order either. But you should know that not everyone is fortunate enough to buy them at retail price, so getting lots of orders during the promotion should be in the equation.

And no, I'm not trying to bash JHA.
I'm just disappointed that JHA is not very responsible in picking up orders, and the recent quality control with the negative impression on the case being too tight and the broken connectors.
(I did say before, I'm not trying to start a flame wars)

Dec 31, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #2,260 of 8,377
I wonder if the connector could be made of metal as opposed to plastic - that would be a possible fix.

Dec 31, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #2,261 of 8,377
  I wonder if the connector could be made of metal as opposed to plastic - that would be a possible fix.

It's good quality if make of metal but i worry if the shell connector give way rather than the cable nut give way, damage the cable nut still better than damage the shell.

Dec 31, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #2,262 of 8,377
I think the main problems with screw mechanism is over tightening it, I recall the proper way to screw things in is to apply just enough pressure.
I know some people who feel like screwing it tighter means better, but it actually do the opposite.
Just like what happens when you over-screw a plastic bottle cap and it snaps off instead of sealing it.

Dec 31, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #2,264 of 8,377
I played with the connector and it seemed like a solid/substatial piece. I really don't think this situation will be the norm. I actually loved it and the cable. I think the comparison from the old connector/cable to the new offers a lot of security and piece of mind.

Dec 31, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #2,265 of 8,377
Guys guys seriously... I figured there would be backlash after I posted that photo but still... I am of course sad abouy what happened to my connectors but I have to say I like the style they did with these new cables as Cable Rolling is going to be much easier with it... Not much wear and tear with the plugs compared to the old ones. This is just something that happens to a NEW PRODUCT and also one that probably needed more QUALITY TESTING but I can't blame JH for it either. It could happen to any CIEM Manufacturer trying to do something different, especially now in a market thats getting crowded fast.

All I'm doing is waiting for JH's reply and listening to my K10s for now. I just want to inform you guys that these things CAN HAPPEN and you have to take care of your Roxannes better than me xD

For the guy interested in Kaiser 10 impressions I posted some on the Noble Audio Thread.

Peace out, and Happy New Year to you all :) may you all have a great new audio year :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back