New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 7, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #1,156 of 8,377
Jerry Went to Shanghai yesterday, and he brought Roxanne universals with him. Heres some new impressions (google translate, red text)

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.erji.net%2Fread.php%3Ftid%3D1574094%26fpage%3D0%26toread%3D%26page%3D1&act=url

First, cut to the chase talk about JH-24 direct push effect of it (limited on-site configuration, only direct push, but it is still recommended that the goods came to put better). Wearing feeling and JH-13 is similar, maybe I had to wear earplugs is not a lot, always felt custom earplugs are more in line with my ear canal, a slip on the inside, good sound insulation. Although JH packaging is quite small but beautifully, stopper also do quite intentions. 

And JH-13 compared to the biggest improvement is the extension of the high-frequency JH-24 better, more smooth overtones better. Which actually taste a hint TH900 tuning, high frequency very ethereal, more personality than the JH-13, that's great! IF detail is also very rich, like a knot is very clear, for example, the background soundtrack of pop musical direction is very clear sense of shape is rounded and not shriveled. 

In addition, JH-24 is more a function of the low-frequency adjustable from a screwdriver with a low frequency knob can be rotated in order to achieve their own low-frequency effects. But do not tune out personal recommendations or too much bass, in order to avoid breaking the original balance.

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #1,157 of 8,377
Nice mini review and I completely understood the points that were made ..thanks

Al D

Dec 7, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #1,158 of 8,377
Guys I have a not so related question: is Astell&Kern AK10 available in Korea now? I can't find it on iRiver America, but there are several sellers on Ebay. Just wondering if those are actually legit Korean ones.

Dec 7, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #1,159 of 8,377
  Guys I have a not so related question: is Astell&Kern AK10 available in Korea now? I can't find it on iRiver America, but there are several sellers on Ebay. Just wondering if those are actually legit Korean ones.

Why not ask this on a relevant thread? Let's keep this focused on the Roxanne and recs for good gear to pair with it. 

Dec 7, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #1,160 of 8,377
With the balanced card? you do not think that between steps it goes from not loud enough to too loud? It's not a major thing but kind of annoying.

I don't really have that much of an issue with it. I think perhaps some steps could be a bit more granular but certainly nothing even remotely major.

Dec 7, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #1,161 of 8,377
  Jerry Went to Shanghai yesterday, and he brought Roxanne universals with him. Heres some new impressions (google translate, red text)

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.erji.net%2Fread.php%3Ftid%3D1574094%26fpage%3D0%26toread%3D%26page%3D1&act=url

Okay I'm Chinese so I'll try to translate it in a better way.

" The largest improvement of roxanne over jh13 is in the highs. The highs in roxanne is more smooth, extended and the decay is rendered in a better way. The crystal clear highs gave roxanne a sound signature which is somehow similar to that of TH900's. The roxanne also has excellent midrange detail with superb projection and separation. The tonality is more inclined to smooth as opposed to dry and harsh. "

Also the poster cited in the following post that he feels " The jh13 were more like DT660 whereas roxanne is like TH900. I think what JH truely excels in lies in tonal balance and clarity which is present in all their ciems."

Another poster from the thread said " I don't think there is a huge jump in roxanne from jh13/16. I do feel like the improvements lies in the smoother and more extended treble and the soundstage is bigger and more 3D. However I dont think the bass improved much compared to jh16."

An owner of NT6 and se-5way also said " with far brighter highs, NT6 is more euphoric in the highs and mids. The bass is also slightly deeper in NT6. However I only tried the universal version of roxanne so I can't say for sure what's the comparison when the real thing comes out."

Dec 8, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #1,162 of 8,377
nice info about the highs , will tune the bass to be flat unless it will affect the other frequencies, yet it says it won't, although i don't know how is that possible,

so with the bass being tuned to +15 then the mids should be behind it right? but JH said it won't affect does that mean any bass tinning will stay behind or forward (no one knows where its located atm) the mids?

Dec 8, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #1,163 of 8,377
Had pre-order a roxanne and currently having a ak120 would it be sweet enough to drive it? 
Or has any dac or amp or dac+amp currently in e market could make it better in-terms of better stage sound or low/mid/high?

Dec 8, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #1,164 of 8,377
They'll have the unis at a shop here in Saigon fairly soon, about another week..I can't wait to try their demo set - I tried the JH13 Pro demos and was very impressed, but even more so by the UM Miracle demos they had on hand - they were silky smooth and had a incredibly cohesive sound, like everything they were doing with the drivers matched up perfectly. These Roxannes look SICK, though.

Dec 8, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #1,166 of 8,377
Dear JH...When are you going to ship the first batches of Roxanne?
It's already early december, I'm crossing my little pinky finger.
biggrin.gif
  Please ship this coming week...

Thank you for your hard work..

Dec 8, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #1,167 of 8,377

Thankyou for the decent English translation!

Has anyone posted anything yet about the impedance curve of the Roxanne?

I personally would take these Chinese reviews with a grain of salt, since I don't think any of those have heard an actually custom molded roxanne, whereas I am a believer of custom molds being better than universal demos due to my own experiences. 
Another thing is that there is currently a hype in these chinese forums saying non- mainstream custom iem such as em6, NT6 and 5 way, were better than jh, ue and westone products in every single way. Although I do believe that small companies could make amazing product, I am a believer in free market and I don't think big companies like jh would produce something with absolutely inferior quality and still be the most successful brand out there. I think there are a lot of biased views in these chinese forums and people tend to exaggerate when comparing equipment. 

nice info about the highs , will tune the bass to be flat unless it will affect the other frequencies, yet it says it won't, although i don't know how is that possible,

so with the bass being tuned to +15 then the mids should be behind it right? but JH said it won't affect does that mean any bass tinning will stay behind or forward (no one knows where its located atm) the mids?

By saying the bass doesnt affect the mids I believe JH is talking about the bass would not muddle up the mid frequencies, instead of it not affecting the positioning of the bass. 

Dec 8, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #1,168 of 8,377
I personally would take these Chinese reviews with a grain of salt, since I don't think any of those have heard an actually custom molded roxanne, whereas I am a believer of custom molds being better than universal demos due to my own experiences. 
Another thing is that there is currently a hype in these chinese forums saying non- mainstream custom iem such as em6, NT6 and 5 way, were better than jh, ue and westone products in every single way. Although I do believe that small companies could make amazing product, I am a believer in free market and I don't think big companies like jh would produce something with absolutely inferior quality and still be the most successful brand out there. I think there are a lot of biased views in these chinese forums and people tend to exaggerate when comparing equipment. 

Well I owm SE5 and NT6 and have the Roxanne on order, so I will tell you if they exaggerated :)
Anyways, I wonder if that means he left a demo at Jaben in Shanghai...would love to check it out.

Dec 8, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #1,170 of 8,377

Yep, agreed, it all started from my multiple CIEM reviews. Although I tried everything, I mean everything to state that the review was my personal preference, experience and opinion and my perspective of listening music, some people just love to pick out single sentence or the "chart" and exaggerate 100 times, ignoring all other considerations I mentioned. Especially when most of them can only purchased one of the top CIEMs, they have no choice but hyping the product when they either haven't heard better or haven't got any extensive listening to other brands. And they will jump in every thread to say how good their CIEMs are, when the thread is not even related to their CIEM brands. So this sort of "hype" won't take long to spread in the whole site. I rated NT6 93, and JH16 is very high too (88),but die-hard JH fans on erji.net feel very offended in every way. 

And people on erji.net are too afraid to hear there is actually something they haven't got is better than what they have, so they do everything to stop it from happening. 

So when I say IMO NT6, SE5 or 1+2 is better than JH13/16, they will read it as these CIEM blows the craps out of JH audio. As far as the mini review above, yes, I would take it with a grain of salt too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back