New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 8, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #1,186 of 8,377
Do you know what the output imp is?

What iem,s do you use with it?

Or headphones?

Dec 8, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #1,192 of 8,377
Ok I have the phone . How did it sound with the phone. As the review I just read puts the iem, on the warm side like what you are describing

Dec 8, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #1,193 of 8,377
I'm new here, so I apologize. I'm studying and learning a lot, but not quick enough. How does the impedance affect IEM when choosing (or mating) a DAP or DAC/amp combo?

I'm number 11601 on the Roxanne torture list, ordered early November. At the moment I'm planning on using my iPhone 5, but I was shocked at how good the AK 120 sounded.

Thanks
Jeff

Dec 8, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #1,199 of 8,377
just changing tips on an universal iem varies sounds so much.

from my experience the same principles applies here fits greatly effects sound quality.
It is why we throw so much money on a pair of CIEM in the first place.

+1 Agree with this 100%. Universals no matter how good the tuning is always a challenge getting consistent performance due to the tips. Customs are very consistent as long as the fit is right.

Dec 8, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #1,200 of 8,377
using the se 535 shure , 

does one have an idea regarding the difference between the two in reference to sound ?

Unequalized, the se535 sound like $20 earbuds compared to my JH16s. I would imagine the Roxanne to be an even wider gap. The se535 can really redeem itself if you boost the lows and the highs, but out of the box there is no comparison at all.

Also,to answer a previous question, a headphone out with the lowest impedance possible will achieve an appropriate frequency response across the spectrum. In general, the higher the output impedance, the more the highs frequencies will be attenuated. It's best to maintain an impedance ratio between output and load of 1:8, which in the case of the Roxanne's, means your output impedance should be under 2 ohms for best performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back