New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 8, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #1,171 of 8,377
just changing tips on an universal iem varies sounds so much.

from my experience the same principles applies here fits greatly effects sound quality.
It is why we throw so much money on a pair of CIEM in the first place.

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #1,172 of 8,377
I disagree customs should have more stable impressions then universals do. And I am not bashing universals either.

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #1,173 of 8,377
Tips matter a lot on universals. You even have to be mindful of sound changes in reinserting the same tips from time to time. I imagine if you insert customs correctly, you can probably feel that it is in the correct position (as it is a one-way deal).

What I wonder about (with a designed universal like the Roxanne version)  is it tuned specifically for where it is likely to sit in the ear canal (or is a few millimeters irrelevant in that respect)?

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #1,174 of 8,377
The Roxanne's are freq phase tuned . So the BA are tuned to the end of the sound tubes where the three holes are. The end does not matter , it's just that they are aligned more in freq phasing so all the sound reaches your ear closer in time. So if you have a custom or universal it's the same tuning.

Dec 8, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #1,176 of 8,377
Yes UNIQUE MELODY. Is one .i had my tg 334 made custom

Dec 8, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #1,178 of 8,377
There are not the same the m901 is a dap. The 720 you will still a phone or CPU . I would get the 901 it is a complete item .

Dec 8, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #1,180 of 8,377
  Hi 901 or theorem 720 with the roxanne ?

It was noted that hiss may be an issue with the 720 thread by a some people with high-sensitivty/low impedance IEMs.   One person sent their's back because of it.  I personally am waiting on reports on how well it works w/ Roxanne before considering it, otherwise it seems tops for my needs (laptop source).

The M8 is in my mind the closest current competitor to the 720, but being a bit larger and with a relatively short battery life.  Also possibly worth taking a look at is the Resonessence Concero HP if balanced drive isn't important.

Dec 8, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #1,182 of 8,377
  Would Astell&Kern AK10 + 5s be good with the Roxannes? I've been asking around in the AK10 thread but no luck with getting an reply. Portability is really important to me.

Thanks!

Again I would probably wait for impressions specifically w/ the Roxanne for that... but also keep an eye on the Resonessence Herus as well as the upcoming Geek Out for devices in a similar size/price range.

Dec 8, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #1,183 of 8,377

The CEntrance HiFi-M8, thought every head-fier and his dog knew about it 
biggrin.gif

http://centrance.com/products/hifi-m8/

Dec 8, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #1,184 of 8,377
Wow , that is cheap and very versatile . It has a whole lot of reviews and john Atkinson is around a long time too. He gives a nod to . Well for the price it seems to good to be true. . It appears there is some stiff compatition in this now. At twice the price it is hard for me to say it's not a DAP. Does anyone here have any they have listened to.

Al D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back