New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Sep 17, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #6,886 of 8,377
I want to get the universal fit version. hows the seal compered to the custom fit.

Going by Class Realist's experience I would try before buying if possible. From my limited experience a CIEM is going to beat a universal for fit comfort and seal but of course there are good reasons for going Uni. I think with an IEM of this caliber I would go for broke and go CIEM But that's just my priorities. YMMV.

Sep 17, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #6,887 of 8,377
I've never owned a CIEM yet... But I plan on making a purchase, and Roxannes are back at the top of my list. I wouldn't bother getting these in universal. Too much risk with the fit and I really want to experience a custom.

Sep 17, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #6,888 of 8,377
I've never owned a CIEM yet... But I plan on making a purchase, and Roxannes are back at the top of my list. I wouldn't bother getting these in universal. Too much risk with the fit and I really want to experience a custom.

I have my Rox for almost a year and never get tired of it. DAPs and AMPs come and go, but not the Roxies.

Sep 17, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #6,889 of 8,377
Whatever you do, make sure to get your impressions by a recommended audiologist. It ups the chance that you'll get the fit right by a lot.

Sep 17, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #6,890 of 8,377
  Whatever you do, make sure to get your impressions by a recommended audiologist. It ups the chance that you'll get the fit right by a lot.

+1

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #6,892 of 8,377
Just curious where you bought them from, I think it's a bit unreasonable for a shop to sell a pair of USD 1,700 IEMs without letting the customers tried them out first.

So it means you don't really know what they actually sound like at all, the problem is that you might not like the sound signature. I've mentioned in an earlier post about how I loved the AKR03 when I heard the demo but the pair I bought sounded nothing like the demo, and eventually they were found to be faulty. So in a way, even if you had them re-moulded, you may not know if they are faulty or not, and the warranty would be voided if it was done by a third party. I personally think it's quite risky to re-mould such an expensive pair of IEMs. I have very small ear canals too, so small that I couldn't even get my Etymotic er4 halfway in. I'm quite surprised to find the AKR03 very comfortable to wear, and they seem to fit quite well with the supplied silicon tips. I don't think the fitting is that different from the universal Westone or Shure IEMs.

I personally think you should sell them like one of the previous posters suggested and get a pair of CM instead. According to a lot of Roxanne CM owners, the CM version sound a lot like the AKR03 anyway.

Yes the sound signature is really one of my greatest concern, however if it means remolding over and over again would fix the problem then I am willing to do so.

The place where I bought it does not allow trying prior to buying it, and I must admit I was a bit inexperienced with large iems like this and have never thought that the part which goes into my ear canal could be that big. My ears cant really bear wearing the iems for more than a few mins now so if I don't go make a cm the iems would just be rendered useless..

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #6,893 of 8,377
Just curious where you bought them from, I think it's a bit unreasonable for a shop to sell a pair of USD 1,700 IEMs without letting the customers tried them out first.

So it means you don't really know what they actually sound like at all, the problem is that you might not like the sound signature. I've mentioned in an earlier post about how I loved the AKR03 when I heard the demo but the pair I bought sounded nothing like the demo, and eventually they were found to be faulty. So in a way, even if you had them re-moulded, you may not know if they are faulty or not, and the warranty would be voided if it was done by a third party. I personally think it's quite risky to re-mould such an expensive pair of IEMs. I have very small ear canals too, so small that I couldn't even get my Etymotic er4 halfway in. I'm quite surprised to find the AKR03 very comfortable to wear, and they seem to fit quite well with the supplied silicon tips. I don't think the fitting is that different from the universal Westone or Shure IEMs.

I personally think you should sell them like one of the previous posters suggested and get a pair of CM instead. According to a lot of Roxanne CM owners, the CM version sound a lot like the AKR03 anyway.

sounds like the right thing to do, I really don't think its faulty though, as this shop has great rep, but they just expect you to try it somewhere else first as there are many other shops that has demos in the area, and they accept exchange for new one if the iems are ever faulty. 

Does anybody know where I could sell the AKR03? I could do it for 1150 USD.. I just bought it the day before yesterday...

Sep 17, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #6,894 of 8,377
sounds like the right thing to do......

Does anybody know where I could sell the AKR03? I could do it for 1150 USD.. I just bought it the day before yesterday...

Withoud knowing where you are located, maybe the best option is for you to sell it locally, post at your local hifi/headfi forum or post in Buy & Sell section here.
There's always Audiogon, eBay, etc

Sep 18, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #6,896 of 8,377
Woow i am sorry to hear Your JH Roxanne case
Totally you can wait maybe longer than Me 10 Month
I SM lucky My JH Roxanne CF fit well to My Ears :D
The fit was ok but I lose seal when I move my mouth. So I wanted thicker canals. They are back next Monday, for good I hope.

I am just a poor lonely man waiting for his Roxannes with only his Ref1, SE5 and NT6 to listen to :frowning2:

Sep 18, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #6,897 of 8,377
The fit was ok but I lose seal when I move my mouth. So I wanted thicker canals. They are back next Monday, for good I hope.

I am just a poor lonely man waiting for his Roxannes with only his Ref1, SE5 and NT6 to listen to
frown.gif

Yes, poor you :p

Sep 18, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #6,898 of 8,377
The only CFIEM I have were UE 18pro, fit was perfect but they put me off CFIEM for life, I personally find the AKR03 quite comfortable, not Westone comfortable but still good. They stick out a bit and are super heavy, as long as you don't go jogging or workout with them on they should be fine I think.

I want to get the universal fit version. hows the seal compered to the custom fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back