New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Sep 17, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #6,856 of 8,377
Did you not try them out before you bought them? Re-moulding them into CM may actually alter the sound signature.

Quote:
  I have bought the AKR03 through an official reseller , unfortunately I guess my ear is somewhat abit small (I'm asian) so it seems impossible to get a good fit between the AKR03 and my ear canal even with the smallest ear-tip I could find.

Sep 17, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #6,857 of 8,377
Did you not try them out before you bought them? Re-moulding them into CM may actually alter the sound signature.

Yes the sound signature is really one of my greatest concern, however if it means remolding over and over again would fix the problem then I am willing to do so. 

The place where I bought it does not allow trying prior to buying it, and I must admit I was a bit inexperienced with large iems like this and have never thought that the part which goes into my ear canal could be that big. My ears cant really bear wearing the iems for more than a few mins now so if I don't go make a cm the iems would just be rendered useless..

Sep 17, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #6,861 of 8,377
Yes I'm aware of that, however as I have mentioned, the only thing I bought the AKR03 over the JH version is because of the fine tuning claimed by JH and astell & kern for the AK240, would really want to keep the AKR03 if remolding is possible,

The amount of problems you are likely to encounter outweigh any benefit from the AK pairing IMHO.

Sep 17, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #6,865 of 8,377
Just curious, remolding and reshelling means the same?

The common use of reshelling is for à universal iem which is then custom shelled. Remolding is more for an ownership transfer of a CIEM. IMO

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #6,868 of 8,377
Does anybody have any good experience with re-shelling, since I'm considering reshelling my AKR03

if you do this and it doesn't work out, more than likely you've ruined the resale value.

what tips have you tried? I have small canals as well and tri-flange tips have helped me a ton. Being new I'm not sure you've exhaust all of your tip options yet. tri-flange have three pieces, the first being tiny, then each one gradually increases in size.

Sep 17, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #6,869 of 8,377
if you do this and it doesn't work out, more than likely you've ruined the resale value.

what tips have you tried? I have small canals as well and tri-flange tips have helped me a ton. Being new I'm not sure you've exhaust all of your tip options yet. tri-flange have three pieces, the first being tiny, then each one gradually increases in size.

How often does it not work out? is there a great chance it will not work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back