New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Aug 31, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #6,841 of 8,377
  I know what you mean, I'd be pretty upset about that too.

Yeah...well...hopefully I'll be taken care of...thanks anyway though KimChee, I'm sure I'll be interested in third party cables, however, I never really completed my "new gear acquisition" phase. Very disappointed at the moment. The Rox was starting to grow on me a little. 

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #6,842 of 8,377
Yeah...well...hopefully I'll be taken care of...thanks anyway though KimChee, I'm sure I'll be interested in third party cables, however, I never really completed my "new gear acquisition" phase. Very disappointed at the moment. The Rox was starting to grow on me a little. 

So sorry to hear about that! As a new Roxanne owner as well, it pains me to think you're having quality control issues with an IEM that I had heard some less than glowing comments about, but have been very happy with so far. Hopefully things will work out and you can get those things back in your ears and head.

Sep 1, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #6,843 of 8,377

Hope they get sorted out for you soon. AFAIK, 3rd party cables still aren't available for the Rox due to the obvious reasons. 

Sep 1, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #6,844 of 8,377
  I do believe burn-in to have its place. However, just observation-wise, I hear some brashness in all spectrums of sound in the first hour of use. I hope the sound smooths out eventually. They are beautiful to look at though...

The first time I listened to my Rozanne, it sounded so bright, especially at high volume I thought there was something wrong with it.  I quickly found out that I did not get a proper seal with the tips which completely messed up the tonal balance.  

After some trial and error, I found the tips that fit with a good seal--for my ears, they were the medium-size teflon tips--and the tonal balance was completely changed.  Immediately I got excellent bass, lovely midrange and smooth, detailed treble without sibilance or brightness! I had to back off the bass which was too much at full setting! 

The sound did improve with break-in time, but that was small compared to the eye(ear?)-opening change brought about by a proper seal.

J_T

PS: I get better isolation with the Comply foam tips but with them came annoying noises whenever my head or the cable moves too much. 

Sep 1, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #6,845 of 8,377
The first time I listened to my Rozanne, it sounded so bright, especially at high volume I thought there was something wrong with it.  I quickly found out that I did not get a proper seal with the tips which completely messed up the tonal balance.  

After some trial and error, I found the tips that fit with a good seal--for my ears, they were the medium-size teflon tips--and the tonal balance was completely changed.  Immediately I got excellent bass, lovely midrange and smooth, detailed treble without sibilance or brightness! I had to back off the bass which was too much at full setting! 

The sound did improve with break-in time, but that was small compared to the eye(ear?)-opening change brought about by a proper seal.

J_T

PS: I get better isolation with the Comply foam tips but with them came annoying noises whenever my head or the cable moves too much. 

Thanks for sharing this. When you say Teflon tips, are you referring to the silicone ones that come with the Roxannes? So far I find the comply foam tips give me the best seal. I still hear sibilance occasionally although the treble harshness appears to have subsided with burn in

Sep 1, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #6,846 of 8,377
Thanks for sharing this. When you say Teflon tips, are you referring to the silicone ones that come with the Roxannes? So far I find the comply foam tips give me the best seal. I still hear sibilance occasionally although the treble harshness appears to have subsided with burn in

Sorry, my mistake.  They are the silicone tips that came with the Roxanne.

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #6,848 of 8,377
http://www.earphonesolutions.com/roxanne-jh-audio-earphones.html

1299 usd, shipping to UK http://www.earphonesolutions.com/international

Free Express Fedex international shipping on orders over usd400 with the code "FXTL". Not sure if this still works, the banner ad has been on their site for a while. could always send an email to ask

They also sell the balanced cable packaged with the AKR03: 
http://www.earphonesolutions.com/roxanne-balanced-cables.html

Sep 12, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #6,850 of 8,377
Thanks DatGuy. I kinda want AKR03 more and earphone solution don't sell it. Do you know of another online site that does?

Due to JH agreement with AK, you have to source it from Japan or Korea.

Sep 13, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #6,851 of 8,377
Hello

I will receive very soon a new AK120 II
I'm looking for the graal of earphone to couple with.
knowing that i had already got a shire SE846 with a AK120 Titan, and enjoyed them : But they have been stollen : i'm so sad ....
Which earphone can you advise me for the AK120 II ?
How will this JH sound with the AK120 II

thanks 
sam

Sep 13, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #6,852 of 8,377
Thanks for the info DrSheep. I have bought my last minute in the Hong Kong airport before going to UK.

I recommend getting the AKR03, Samuel777, I only have these for a day and listened to it for about 12 hours, it is amazing and I am using an iPhone, as I'm saving up for an AK, imagine it on an AK player. I used the headphone to test in a AK240 listening to the sample songs in it and it is great. On an AK120 II, I would imagine it would still be awesome sounding.

If you can't get the AKR as it is only available in asian countries, i suppose the roxanne is the same just don't have the 2.5mm AK cable for the AK player. I've heard the seller in one of the headphone store in HK I looked at before I bought it in the airport that there is not much notable difference between the two if you are using a normal player but you have an AK player so the AKR would be better, a lot better.

Sep 14, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #6,853 of 8,377
Thanks for the info DrSheep. I have bought my last minute in the Hong Kong airport before going to UK.

I recommend getting the AKR03, Samuel777, I only have these for a day and listened to it for about 12 hours, it is amazing and I am using an iPhone, as I'm saving up for an AK, imagine it on an AK player. I used the headphone to test in a AK240 listening to the sample songs in it and it is great. On an AK120 II, I would imagine it would still be awesome sounding.

If you can't get the AKR as it is only available in asian countries, i suppose the roxanne is the same just don't have the 2.5mm AK cable for the AK player. I've heard the seller in one of the headphone store in HK I looked at before I bought it in the airport that there is not much notable difference between the two if you are using a normal player but you have an AK player so the AKR would be better, a lot better.

Thank so much.

sam

Sep 16, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #6,854 of 8,377
Been using my AKR03 with my A240 for a couple of months now, I have to admit I actually much prefer the sound signature with the unbalanced cable. With the balanced cable, there seems to be a little boost in low mid which muddy up the overall sound. To me, the AKR03 sounds good with any player, from the humble iPod nano to the AK240.

Sep 17, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #6,855 of 8,377
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and have been following a few post for awhile prior to registering here, I really hope some of the experienced people could give me some advise on my situation.
I have bought the AKR03 through an official reseller , unfortunately I guess my ear is somewhat abit small (I'm asian) so it seems impossible to get a good fit between the AKR03 and my ear canal even with the smallest ear-tip I could find. Does anybody know if there is anyway I could get a remold so it becomes a CM. The reseaon why I bought the AKR03 over the CM roxanne is because of the advertised fine-tune for the AK240 I own, but now it turns out that its breaking my ear.

Would appreciate if anybody has experience remolding especially with somehthing this big. I have seen a few third party remold service for universial iems online but would it be too risky to do so concerning the balance of the left and right signals and the sound signiture?

On a side note I have also emailed JH to ask if its possible if they could help me with this, but since its meant to be a universial I could only hope for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back