New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Sep 18, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #6,906 of 8,377
Because one can't be sure what his CMIEM would sound like until they have been made and they will not sound exactly like the demoed pair. I've heard very different sounding UE 18 Pro demos from different shops since I had mine. At least with universals, I know exactly what I will be getting, and that was how I knew my AKR03 were faulty.

I'm suprised that put you off CIEM "for life". I can understand that it would put you off UE.

Sep 19, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #6,909 of 8,377
I called to see if they could Reshell roxanne...they said no

Sep 20, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #6,910 of 8,377
So while my other pair of headphones are in repair, I thought it would be a good time to try something new. I bought a pair of Universal Roxanne's and am not very thrilled. My initial impressions are as such:

Great separation and soundstage, though not an out of head experience. Here is where it gets bad. Terribly lacking in sub-bass until cranking up the dial. Once the dial is cranked up, things seem a bloated. Vocals on some recordings sound bloated too, even with the bass dial turned down. (not a problem but a general observation: when listening to the Roxanne's I felt the the music wasn't presented musically, but rather being able to hear details as sounds and not music)

I wanted to like these, especially because of all the great reviews. At times I felt like I was listening to a much cheaper headphone. Anyone have any suggestions on what might be the issue or how I can "troubleshoot" my Roxanne?

Sep 20, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #6,911 of 8,377
So while my other pair of headphones are in repair, I thought it would be a good time to try something new. I bought a pair of Universal Roxanne's and am not very thrilled. My initial impressions are as such:

Great separation and soundstage, though not an out of head experience. Here is where it gets bad. Terribly lacking in sub-bass until cranking up the dial. Once the dial is cranked up, things seem a bloated. Vocals on some recordings sound bloated too, even with the bass dial turned down. (not a problem but a general observation: when listening to the Roxanne's I felt the the music wasn't presented musically, but rather being able to hear details as sounds and not music)

I wanted to like these, especially because of all the great reviews. At times I felt like I was listening to a much cheaper headphone. Anyone have any suggestions on what might be the issue or how I can "troubleshoot" my Roxanne?

First time I hear Roxanne lacking sub bass. With my custom that is what I want to decrease. Even at the lowest bass setting I feel its sub bass is still a bit too strong. With universals, try different tips. It does play a big part in altering the sound perception of an iem

Sep 20, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #6,912 of 8,377

If you noticed, most owners burn in their Roxanne for 100+ hours. Probably you can do so as well.

Sep 20, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #6,913 of 8,377
I initially had the same feelings for the roxanne. I now LOVE them. You need to do your work to put in the right tips. Burning them in actually did help calm the drivers and sound down a bit. They are super sensitive and will draw out a lot of elements you aren't used to. But I would say the tips are the biggest trouble to match, as are with any good universal. I love my meelec double flange. Really sounds amazing.

Sep 20, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #6,914 of 8,377
How much time do you have on them?  100-200 hours run in time.  My JH16 was the same way when I first got it, bloated bass, compressed soundstage, no separation.  Ran some music through it and they opened up very nicely.

Quote:

Sep 20, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #6,915 of 8,377
I have a universal roxanne and definitely let them burn in for at least 100 hours, mid will clear up but slightly, the bass will settle down and the bass will hit when it is supoosed to hit. Also, I noticed that I actually decrease my volume overtime. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back