New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jun 19, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #6,181 of 8,377

Or you could make it three sided and have it the same length as the original.

True and if you slightly offset each side so it would be slightly longer than the original, the pots could 'slot' between one another and still make that triangular shape, just without needed the circumference that three 'deep' pot sets would require if just placed directly back to back.

Jun 19, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #6,183 of 8,377
Come to think about it, you only need two sets of attenuators.  You can leave mids for example fixed, and just make the bass and treble adjustable. 

I did ask Jerry at last December's Mook Headphone Festival in Singapore of using the 2 pots to adjust the low and the high and he never dismissed the idea but he said it's up to the after-market cable maufacturers to come up with their own design.
But we all know the 2 bass pots are more like a rheostat to turn down the power delivered to the low drivers as without the pots, the bass is at maximum level. With many user reviews so far agreeing that the Roxanne is a bit dark sounding, a pot to adjust the high might only make it sounds darker.
This is my opinion only, and you guys are free to disagree

Jun 19, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #6,184 of 8,377
I did ask Jerry at last December's Mook Headphone Festival in Singapore of using the 2 pots to adjust the low and the high and he never dismissed the idea but he said it's up to the after-market cable maufacturers to come up with their own design.
But we all know the 2 bass pots are more like a rheostat to turn down the power delivered to the low drivers as without the pots, the bass is at maximum level. With many user reviews so far agreeing that the Roxanne is a bit dark sounding, a pot to adjust the high might only make it sounds darker.
This is my opinion only, and you guys are free to disagree

I agree with you.  But, if you make 3 sets tuneable, you can tune down the mids and bass, and leave the treble, and it won't sound dark anymore.

Jun 20, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #6,185 of 8,377
 maybe one day we will get a 12-way and can tune individual drivers ourselves.
biggrin.gif

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #6,186 of 8,377
biggrin.gif

Didn't Unique Melody have some crazy in-development device at Newport (or maybe somewhere else) that would allow a person to tune the exact FR?

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #6,187 of 8,377

biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by doublea71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Didn't Unique Melody have some crazy in-development device at Newport (or maybe somewhere else) that would allow a person to tune the exact FR?

[Sorry for the OT]
Yes. More info about this device here :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/718268/tokyo-2014-spring-fujiya-avic-headphone-festival-impressions/15#post_10540614
[/end of OT]

Jun 20, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #6,189 of 8,377
My guess: The future of customizable settings for Lows mids and hi relies on DSP.
Roxanne was just the beginning. A proof of concept that users enjoy tunable settings for their earpieces.

Next step is embed electronics to make all that control via DSP. So one could in the future fine tune the response via a mobile app for example.

Jun 20, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #6,191 of 8,377
Well after months of wait, they are in my hands, the fit seems perfect, even though they are gigantic. No build issues apparently, but no time to try them as I am at a restaurant.

Congratz, I bet you are celebrating your Roxanne has finally arrived. :)

Jun 20, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #6,192 of 8,377
Well,just had an e-mail from The Headphone Company in the UK,my Roxanne has arrived,Acrylic version,mouds sent end of last March,next week will post more details and a photo,now very happy,and glad i did not order the Carbon version,still be waiting i think,ton of FLAC files in my AK240,ready for sound nirvana,just a little nervous though,that they will not need a refit....fingers crossed.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back