New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jan 29, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #3,256 of 8,377
I'm a lot confused by this whole process, the problems encountered , the disseminated information and now the order that people are receiving notification (lack of FIFO?)

Somebody mentioned they spoke to Corbyn and she said 20-30 Roxanne's have gone out. But GMAHLER2U preorder #4 (CF) just got a tracking number 2 days ago. How is this possible?

How can everything except the prospective beautiful be so backward?

Jan 29, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #3,257 of 8,377
I'm a lot confused by this whole process, the problems encountered , the disseminated information and now the order that people are receiving notification (lack of FIFO?)

Somebody mentioned they spoke to Corbyn and she said 20-30 Roxanne's have gone out. But GMAHLER2U preorder #4 (CF) just got a tracking number 2 days ago. How is this possible?

How can everything except the prospective beautiful be so backward?

Perhaps GMAHLER2U is #4 for CF and the 20-30 that shipped were non-cf?

Jan 29, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #3,259 of 8,377
Another update:

Corbyn is sending me a clear cable (they had more of them available). She also said I would be getting the aluminum cable when it is ready.  She is going to check with Jerry on how they are going to handle the cable issue going forward (replacing them all with aluminum or on a case by case basis). She will let me know and then I will report it here, not sure of how long it will take to get the answer.

On the shipping thing, I suspect it is a matter of who took the order, and the different batches they were put into.  I was in the first pre-order batch from CanJam direct ordered face to face with Corbyn entering it into her system.  Only a guess but that is probably part of it.

Jan 29, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #3,260 of 8,377
  Another update:

Corbyn is sending me a clear cable (they had more of them available). She also said I would be getting the aluminum cable when it is ready.  She is going to check with Jerry on how they are going to handle the cable issue going forward (replacing them all with aluminum or on a case by case basis). She will let me know and then I will report it here, not sure of how long it will take to get the answer.

On the shipping thing, I suspect it is a matter of who took the order, and the different batches they were put into.  I was in the first pre-order batch from CanJam direct ordered face to face with Corbyn entering it into her system.  Only a guess but that is probably part of it.

Thanks for the update bearFNF, even though my regular cable has been good so far, I'm going to chase them down for an alu cable when it's available. I don't want to be paranoid about the collars disintegrating one day of their own volition.

Jan 29, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #3,261 of 8,377
Just curious - what happens when you switch to acrylic after ordering the CF option as far as the upcharge? Do they refund the additional amount?

Jan 30, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #3,263 of 8,377
  I am so happy with all the people changing their CF to acrylic:
  1. It means my CF will come sooner
  2. It means my CF Roxanne will be very rare
Please, all the people who ordered before me, cancel your CF order !

too late now for me.. it's almost here, I hope I'll receiving them Tomorrow...it's suppose to be here tomorrow...

Problem is that we have a weather situation in east coast around Georgia...but keeping my fingers cross.

wink_face.gif

Jan 30, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #3,265 of 8,377
I am so happy with all the people changing their CF to acrylic:
  • It means my CF will come sooner
  • It means my CF Roxanne will be very rare
Please, all the people who ordered before me, cancel your CF order !

Each custom iem is rare coz it only fits your ears regardless of the material used.

Jan 30, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #3,267 of 8,377
Just curious - what happens when you switch to acrylic after ordering the CF option as far as the upcharge? Do they refund the additional amount?

They refunded me $200

Jan 30, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #3,268 of 8,377
If money were no object, and portability meant almost everything. What set up would you put together for your Roxanne's?

ZX1, DX100, Hugo and xxxxxx, 901, ak240, x5???

Some of it still isn't released. I'm not educated enough to dream big yet, so I'm looking to adopt someone else's wish list.

Thanks!!

Jan 30, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #3,269 of 8,377
Food for thought , paying more for something does not mean better equipment. So you must listen for yourself. As peoples options matter but not more than yours.

Sound for me is paramount. Every thing else I secondary. I am using a hibino hdpr10. It's a brick and has a slow GUI. But I like the sound. Now given these new products may sound better. But before I spend up 3k again I want to here it myself. So patience is important before you buy.

Al

Jan 30, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #3,270 of 8,377
Food for thought , paying more for something does not mean better equipment.
.... Now given these new products may sound better. But before I spend up 3k again I want to here it myself.

How about spending down to $350?  I needn't say the device name, cos you know what I'm on about
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back