New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jan 28, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #3,227 of 8,377
that color looks way better than whitegirl though.

Sorry I forgot to address that, the faceplate colour is whiteboy.

It's pretty obvious on their website, unless you have a really bad monitor, that whitegirl is off white, sort of similar to ivory, and whiteboy is more "Apple-white". There is still a slight tint, but I can live with it. 

Also in reference to the names, since someone seemed to be complaining about them, I actually think they are spot on. I showed my girlfriend the colors in the IEM designer prior to ordering and she picked whitegirl. It seems to me that's actually the trend as most women like everything "off white". Just look at their wedding dresses.

Of course for good measure I never listen to her :D

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #3,228 of 8,377

Sorry I forgot to address that, the faceplate colour is whiteboy.

It's pretty obvious on their website, unless you have a really bad monitor, that whitegirl is off white, sort of similar to ivory, and whiteboy is more "Apple-white". There is still a slight tint, but I can live with it. 

Also in reference to the names, since someone seemed to be complaining about them, I actually think they are spot on. I showed my girlfriend the colors in the IEM designer prior to ordering and she picked whitegirl. It seems to me that's actually the trend as most women like everything "off white". Just look at their wedding dresses.

Of course for good measure I never listen to her :D

were the IEMs hard to remove out from the case for yours?

I dig the colour contrast of the clear body and black cable, looks like u made a good choice!

Jan 28, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #3,230 of 8,377

were the IEMs hard to remove out from the case for yours?

I dig the colour contrast of the clear body and black cable, looks like u made a good choice!

Thanks! No not at all, they actually fall out by themselves if you tip the case, but they are not loose either that they would bounce around when the case is closed. My guess is that it all depends on the shape of your ear and IEM. As you can see my canals don't go very deep.

Jan 28, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #3,231 of 8,377
Hey all,

Just got an update from Corbyn on the cable issue.

~~Jerry has the collar now being made out of aluminum; however, we think it was just a defect in a handful of cables as Jerry tried testing many and they were fine. This round of new aluminum collared cables, are each individually being hand tested by our manufacturer.~~

She also said it looks like the aluminum collared cables are scheduled to be out the first of March but they are pushing the vendor to get them sooner.
In the interim they are sending me a cable from a stronger batch they have tested.
So looks like the fix is coming.

Jan 28, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #3,232 of 8,377
  Hey all,

Just got an update from Corbyn on the cable issue.

~~Jerry has the collar now being made out of aluminum; however, we think it was just a defect in a handful of cables as Jerry tried testing many and they were fine. This round of new aluminum collared cables, are each individually being hand tested by our manufacturer.~~

She also said it looks like the aluminum collared cables are scheduled to be out the first of March but they are pushing the vendor to get them sooner.
In the interim they are sending me a cable from a stronger batch they have tested.
So looks like the fix is coming.

Hope that they send everyone the reinforced cables... even to those they have already shipped

Jan 28, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #3,233 of 8,377
subscribed

Jan 28, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #3,236 of 8,377
Just don't use a pipe wrench to tighten it...
biggrin.gif

I know what you  are saying but, I think it will be fine.  Like akhyar said, we will see.

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #3,238 of 8,377
Hope that doesn't mean the rest of us who ordered on BF and still not received yet will have to wait till March for our Roxanne's...

Couldn't really tell you, but some others said they received shipping notices, so I would guess they will update cables when they are available??  Only JH Audio can answer the question of how they are going to handle it.

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #3,239 of 8,377
Hope that doesn't mean the rest of us who ordered on BF and still not received yet will have to wait till March for our Roxanne's...

I contacted Angie to ask for my order's ETA (BF oder, acrylic, impression recv on 4th Dec). She said mine will be shipped in the next 10 business days.

That's 2 full weeks and looks like they just started to work on my Roxanne.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back