New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jan 27, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #3,196 of 8,377
A few comments for your consideration: stvc and his color “issue” may be due more with ordering whitegirl trans, then anything having to do with build. When I ordered, I called JH to get the exact difference between whiteboy and whitgirl trans and opaque. I was told whiteboy is actually the white, while white girl is off white and is a little cloudy and due to lighting and the translucency it will not be pure white. I believe whiteboy opaque should be pure white (at least I hope as that’s what I ordered).
Lastly- does it makes sense that your “place in line” begins when JH receives your impressions, not when you ordered? Is that what happens? For instance, if I ordered on BF and was #5 in line, but my impressions arrived in Apopka yesterday, I’m behind everyone who’s impressions arrived ahead of me. Is that correct as far as you guys know? Im very excited to receive these whenever I do; the JH13 was a life changer for me in terms of listening and I believe the Rox will be even more pleasing to my ears...

Jan 27, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #3,199 of 8,377
Congrats enjoy it when it comes in. Post how good the sound is.

Al

Jan 27, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #3,201 of 8,377
Just got them... here are my thoughts (any comparison is to JH16s sans FP):

1) They are MUCH more sensitive than JH16s. Had to lower my volume limiter on my iOS devices at least 2 button presses or I would blow out my ear drums.

2) They are brighter. High frequency response is top notch. Not that the JH16 was bad, but it had a little too much sibilance (4K-8K) and not enough sparkle (12K+). Roxy is much much better!

3) Overblown bass of the JH16 is obviously under control with the pot. They came set at 1pm out of the box which is acceptable, but not ideal IMO. My ideal tuning is 8am (flat, or what JH calls 0db). I hear almost no difference between 8am and 12pm (maybe 0 to +2db). 12-2pm is maybe a range of +2 to +6db and 2pm-4pm is maybe a range of +6 to +15db, at which point it sounds like you have 4 subwoofers. Absolutely ridiculous. IMO, flat is perfect for most modern recordings, and up to 2pm is great for unplugged/acoustic, and older recordings that lack bass. Anything after that is just madness.

4) They are HUGEEEEE. Wait, let me add more EEEs. They absolutely dwarf the JH16s, are not flush at all (that's not gonna be good for my earmuffs), and poke a good 4-5mm out of my ear. None the less, they are still way more comfortable than any universal, so who cares.

5) The nuts are not busted (lol). However it's too early to tell if this is a fixed cable. I will take them out tomorrow on my commute (-21C) and they will be shoved in my jacket pocket during the day, so if they pass that test then we can say JH "may" have gotten to the bottom of the collar issue. But I'll be more certain after a few weeks of this type of usage.

6) I don't care for the case much, but if for whatever reason a person does, then this is not acceptable quality for the type of product being sold. But then again, neither was the cheap otterbox they used to give out. You may not tell from my photos (I really didn't put much emphasis on highlighting the flaws), but basically it looks like stvc's. Same finish issues in the CF. I am guessing these problems will be solved once they learn to work with CF. Again, for me it's not an issue. The case will sit somewhere collecting dust.

7) I asked for a 64" cable, but what I got does is definitely not a 64" cable. It's 48". But whatever, I'm sure they can remedy this.

Besides everything I've said, I have no fit issues (that's 2/2 perfect fits with JH for me), and they sound great. Absolutely great. I think I'm done with CIEMs for at least 5 years with these.

And now the boudoir shots. Pardon my lacklustre photography, the sun is going down here in TO, these were taken on the window sill. Lol.

Jan 27, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #3,202 of 8,377
But they are not CF
But I am glad about the perfection part and most of all
The spot in mini review. That is exactly what I wanted to hear man
Cool.

Al

Jan 27, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #3,206 of 8,377
Congrat jag and grmahler2u.

Btw grmahler2u queue number is #04

Pfoeh... still a long wait :frowning2: damn you beautiful carbon fiber... haha:p No worries but I want to do an unboxing as well!:p
Not even speaking about listening to these... massage my ears please... yes now please... :frowning2:

EDIT: Any news on those Spinfit tips?? Would love to buy some:)

Jan 27, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #3,209 of 8,377
Must be something wrong with the queue. I ordered on Black Friday and received two weeks ago.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back