New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jan 5, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #2,433 of 8,377
  ouch sorry to hear. looks like they resent from the same quality batch? 
did you have to return the old one?

Not yet. They have not send me the label to return it yet.  But they re-assured me that they get it right! 

Jan 5, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #2,434 of 8,377
  Yeah, not acceptable for a $1600 headphone. 

JHAudio knows that and have been super responsive and nice about it.  They've also re-assured me that they are working to get it corrected.

Overall, JHAudio is a great company with awesome customer services. So a small issue like this one does not worry me because I know they will do everything to correct it quickly.

Jan 5, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #2,436 of 8,377
  Just curious since you have the Roxanne on hand. 
Do the pins insert all the way with the nut loose? Or do you have to tighten down the nut in order to complete the final mm of connection?

They insert all the way without the locking nut. The connection is good enough that if you don't pull directly on the cable, you can use it without any issues. I have been using it that way without issues ... 

The only issue was one time that the left driver hit the floor because I forgot and pulled the cable while removing it from my ear. I thought .. Oh sh...t, there goes half of my Roxanne 
eek.gif
 But it was in one piece 
etysmile.gif

Jan 5, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #2,437 of 8,377
They insert all the way without the locking nut. The connection is good enough that if you don't pull directly on the cable, you can use it without any issues. I have been using it that way without issues ... 

The only issue was one time that the left driver hit the floor because I forgot and pulled the cable while removing it from my ear. I thought .. Oh sh...t, there goes half of my Roxanne :eek:  But it was in one piece :etysmile:  

I think coated acrylic is quite hardy against scratches n falls.

As long as the drivers dont get dislodged inside, should be fine. :)

Jan 5, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #2,438 of 8,377

JHAudio knows that and have been super responsive and nice about it.  They've also re-assured me that they are working to get it corrected.

Overall, JHAudio is a great company with awesome customer services. So a small issue like this one does not worry me because I know they will do everything to correct it quickly.

I agree that they make great stuff.

Opinions on customer service seem to differ.

And there have been some product struggles in their past too. JH3A has a mighty checkered history I believe.   

Jan 6, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #2,440 of 8,377
Thanks Anakchan, looks like thats the one! Do you know where we can order one?
The only place that came up so far was Alibaba but I have no idea of their minimum order req.

Jan 6, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #2,442 of 8,377
The only place that came up so far was Alibaba but I have no idea of their minimum order req.

If it must be a big batch which we can divide with the people that are interested in buying these.... sign me up for a couple of pairs:) they look great!

Heck, I'd even think that these will do a good job when trying to sell :)!

Jan 6, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #2,443 of 8,377
Anyone knows how long it takes for them to start working on your CIEM once they receive your impression?
I've sent them a couple of mails for the past few weeks with no reply.
I'm afraid my impression will change shape since it's almost around for a month.

Jan 6, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #2,445 of 8,377
Anyone knows how long it takes for them to start working on your CIEM once they receive your impression?
I've sent them a couple of mails for the past few weeks with no reply.
I'm afraid my impression will change shape since it's almost around for a month.

I placed my order the first week in November. I am pretty sure these first people to receive theirs placed their orders in September. You should be just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back