New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jan 6, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #2,446 of 8,377
  Anyone knows how long it takes for them to start working on your CIEM once they receive your impression?
I've sent them a couple of mails for the past few weeks with no reply.
I'm afraid my impression will change shape since it's almost around for a month.

The wait is the worst part.

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #2,448 of 8,377

I'm sorry, I mean how long would it take for the status to change from "payment received" to the next stage from the moment they received your impression?

Nothing personal but you don't seem well suited to the CIEM process. Hope you found the angst worthwhile when you get them.

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #2,449 of 8,377

Lads, why not start a dedicated 'Group-buy' thread for this. Considering how cheap they are likely to be, you may get many head-fiers willing to buy 10 or 20 pairs each.

Maybe, maybe not, but only one way to find out, and nothing to be lost in trying! 
beerchug.gif

I'd give JH enough time to sort this before jumping through hoops. Sucks that it happened but it sounds like they're on it. Since they don't make the cable themselves, it will take a bit. At least these still play as is.

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #2,450 of 8,377
  Nothing personal but you don't seem well suited to the CIEM process. Hope you found the angst worthwhile when you get them.

I'm just trying to find out how long until the process begin, specifically until they make a negative impression of my original ear impression.
Because my ear impression have been sitting for almost a month now.

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #2,451 of 8,377
  I'd give JH enough time to sort this before jumping through hoops. Sucks that it happened but it sounds like they're on it. Since they don't make the cable themselves, it will take a bit. At least these still play as is.

No, mate, that tangent about group-buy is in regard to tips, not cables/nuts:

http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/user_data/img/headphone_fes/Spinfit.pdf

smile.gif

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #2,452 of 8,377
Anyone knows how long it takes for them to start working on your CIEM once they receive your impression?
I've sent them a couple of mails for the past few weeks with no reply.
I'm afraid my impression will change shape since it's almost around for a month.

hmm interesting, does it really change shape?
so how do some of the makers who archive customer molds preserve them ?

Jan 6, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #2,454 of 8,377

I'm just trying to find out how long until the process begin, specifically until they make a negative impression of my original ear impression.
Because my ear impression have been sitting for almost a month now.

Seriously, you need to relax about this, like we discussed 2 weeks ago.

Modern silicone materials do not shrink anywhere near as quickly or severely as older silicone types. These days, it's no concern unless it's been many, many weeks.

I promise you, I'm saying this in a completely friendly way:

Please stop obsessing about the process and the waiting time. This is completely normal for CIEMs. It is very common for the process to take 4-12 weeks, depending on how much workload the CIEM company has at the time you order. In your case, you ordered at Christmas, and just after a major product launch, and just after a Black Friday sales rush.

Add all those factors together, and you really should not expect to receive your CIEMs until the end of January - maybe even mid-to-late February.

It's not something to worry about

It's something to just accept, relax, and be patient about.

Almost every person in this thread has experienced having to wait 2-3 months for one of their pairs of CIEMs, from one vendor or another. As I mentioned to you before, my CIEMs from Unique Melody ended up taking about 13 weeks. I think I recall my Spiral Ear SE-5s taking around 2 months.

Jan 6, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #2,455 of 8,377

Seriously, you need to relax about this, like we discussed 2 weeks ago.

Modern silicone materials do not shrink anywhere near as quickly or severely as older silicone types. These days, it's no concern unless it's been many, many weeks.

I promise you, I'm saying this in a completely friendly way:

Please stop obsessing about the process and the waiting time. This is completely normal for CIEMs. It is very common for the process to take 4-12 weeks, depending on how much workload the CIEM company has at the time you order. In your case, you ordered at Christmas, and just after a major product launch, and just after a Black Friday sales rush.

Add all those factors together, and you really should not expect to receive your CIEMs until the end of January - maybe even mid-to-late February.

It's not something to worry about

It's something to just accept, relax, and be patient about.

Almost every person in this thread has experienced having to wait 2-3 months for one of their pairs of CIEMs, from one vendor or another. As I mentioned to you before, my CIEMs from Unique Melody ended up taking about 13 weeks. I think I recall my Spiral Ear SE-5s taking around 2 months.

sigh~ is it that hard to just ask a question.
How long until they make my negative impression, that's all I need to know really. I'll wait 2 month or even 3 after I know that my negative impression has been made.
The feeling of having you impression just sitting and shrinking is just unbearable (though you might be right, newer silicone type doesn't shrink that easily) but still, the feeling is unbearable.
Also I actually ordered during the Black Friday.

Jan 6, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #2,456 of 8,377
sigh~ is it that hard to just ask a question.
How long until they make my negative impression, that's all I need to know really. I'll wait 2 month or even 3 after I know that my negative impression has been made.
The feeling of having you impression just sitting and shrinking is just unbearable (though you might be right, newer silicone type doesn't shrink that easily) but still, the feeling is unbearable.
Also I actually ordered during the Black Friday.

No one here knows and no one on this forum will be able to answer that question. If you really want to know then drop JH an email.

Jan 6, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #2,459 of 8,377

Lads, why not start a dedicated 'Group-buy' thread for this. Considering how cheap they are likely to be, you may get many head-fiers willing to buy 10 or 20 pairs each.

Maybe, maybe not, but only one way to find out, and nothing to be lost in trying! 
beerchug.gif

I'm in:)! They look very nice! ... Although they won't be for my Roxanne's but for my Shure's :)

Jan 6, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #2,460 of 8,377
I'm sorry, I mean how long would it take for the status to change from "payment received" to the next stage from the moment they received your impression?

For me, I went from payment received -> impressions received 2 business days after USPS showed the impressions were delivered to JH.  I received an automated email when that happened.

Beyond that, I believe the next status update is when they're shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back