New IEMs/Headphones to complement my current ones?
Jan 27, 2011 at 4:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Smallville

100+ Head-Fier
Hello guys. :) I'm looking for a new pair of IEMs or headphones that sound different from my current ones. I currently have a pair of Sony MDR-V6 for home use, ATH-ES7 and M11+ for portable use. I listen to mostly R&B but I listen to many other genres too, including electronic, some rock, and a little classical. My budget is around $100. I can go a bit more, but I would prefer not to. I will be running this out of my laptop(Asus G51JX) and my iPhone 3GS. I have no Amp/DAC and will not be getting one soon.

My preferences for headphones are that it has to be circumaural because I find supraaural(ES7) to be very uncomfortable. A long/detachable cord would be nice so I can plug it into my TV. I would be using them in my dorm room so it doesn't matter if it's open or closed. I have never tried a pair open headphones, so I'm open to suggestions.

I am open to IEM suggestions, but I am leaning towards RE-0s because my current IEMs(M11+ and V-Moda Vibes which I never use) are bass-heavy and I would like to hear more details.

Jan 27, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #2 of 11
I am personally looking at the Phonak Perfect Bass and Sunrise SW-Xscape for the same reason...an offset to my current bass heavy IEMs.  Try looking into those.

Jan 27, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #4 of 11
MC5, EX500, RE0, PFE112, DBA-02 and RE-ZERO. 

Jan 28, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #7 of 11
these are flavor of the month right now so you may be waitign for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back