New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Dec 9, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #2,491 of 2,616
I just make a test. I charged the DAP on friday afternoon and not used till then. Now I've turn it on and playing DSD at 50% volume in pure music. After 3 songs (so, about 12-15 minutes) it's at 94% and approx 6hrs left. There's something strange with yours. Ah, and I can confirm you that doesn't show anymore Google play alert using with Tidal offline. I think you should give it another chance..

Dec 9, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #2,492 of 2,616
OK, gave up with the Google Play and switched to the Pure Mode. The battery started draining faster and faster. Shouldn't it be better in the Pure Mode, when all background Android processes are switched off? This is a battery status, fresh after charging, for the Pure Music mode, Low gain, Volume set to 50% - dsd 64 playing.
Having 1:54 hour left just few minutes after the full charge, yesterday it was still over 3 hours. I might do one more reset to try to fix the problem, otherwise will just drop it off.

I just now looked at that battery screen. I am not sure how long it has been playing because at the moment I am using it to burn in a new iem. Right now it is at 92% and says I have 11 hours left! I doubt it will last that long but I will leave it playing and report back later tonight.. .either when it goes below 20% or I plug the charger in and go to bed.

Maybe that estimation is meaningless and we just have to note how long it lasts in real life. I know I get 8 or 9 hours normally, but I plug in the charger before it actually dies.

The iems that are attached at the moment are very sensitive... low gain around 40. Normal Flac. Playing through All Songs as there is no Folder play through.

Dec 9, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #2,493 of 2,616
Ah, and I can confirm you that doesn't show anymore Google play alert using with Tidal offline. I think you should give it another chance..
Thanks a lot, will try!

I just now looked at that battery screen. I am not sure how long it has been playing because at the moment I am using it to burn in a new iem. Right now it is at 92% and says I have 11 hours left! I doubt it will last that long but I will leave it playing and report back later tonight.. .either when it goes below 20% or I plug the charger in and go to bed.
Thanks a lot for the heads up. Did one more factory reset, this time went straight to the pure mode without doing anything with the Google, and the battery life restored completely to normal :)

Dec 11, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #2,496 of 2,616
I don’t have an AP200 but I just read on the Hidizs Facebook page (a response that problems) that they are going to release a firmware update next week (at least that’s what they said 10 hrs ago...
Couldn't find anything on their Facebook page. Could you please help pointing out where exactly it is on their Fb?

Dec 11, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #2,497 of 2,616
Couldn't find anything on their Facebook page. Could you please help pointing out where exactly it is on their Fb?
Sorry, it was the Hidizs User Group (facebook page). The post starts with "Hi we need firmware for AP200..." Hidizs posted a response. Sorry I can't link it right now because I forgot my password for FB on my computer...

Dec 11, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #2,499 of 2,616
Sorry, it was the Hidizs User Group (facebook page). The post starts with "Hi we need firmware for AP200..." Hidizs posted a response. Sorry I can't link it right now because I forgot my password for FB on my computer...

If you have access to the group this is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hidizs/permalink/258577094835774/

If not this was the last reply on the thread, "Hidizs - This problem will be solved by our next firmware update for AP200 which will be released next week. For now, could you please try to enter the Setting menu and uninstall Google Play's latest update to avoid this error."

Dec 19, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #2,501 of 2,616
From the Hidizs FB page:

We have been worked hard in optimizing AP200 for this firmware 1.0. This update is aimed at fixing all bugs found so far. Update content is listed below:

1. Update Hiby music app3.0

2. Adding Wifi transfer feature (music files can be transferred through browser or using HiBy Music player)

3. Adding MSEB function

4. Adding fade effect (increase the transition between songs with the specific setting)

5. Adding online access to cover and lyrics function

6. Adding file sorting

7. Adding screen lock function

8. Adding notification bar theme selection

9. Adding Hiby Link service function

10. Fix the issue in Google Play

11. Fix all other bugs that found so far.

Please download the firmware by click here: http://bit.ly/2SYzI10

If you meet any problem or have any question about this update, you can contact us by hello@hidizs.net.

Dec 19, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #2,503 of 2,616
Dec 19, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #2,505 of 2,616
Will try it soon.
"MSEB - Mage Sound 8-Ball Tuning is a combination of multiple algorithms based on parametric equalizer (PEQ) and sound field adjustments to create the most satisfying sound for you."

Thanks, I had never heard of it but I do not use EQ anyway so I don't care about that. I already have satisfying sound:)

...remembering the old magic 8 ball that I had as a child:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back