New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Mar 17, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #2,209 of 2,616
@Hidizs Hk @Hidizsofficial

I just wanted to check in with you guys and hear what the situation is regarding my agreement with you.

10 months ago you guys approached me and requested for me to help you out with the Arabic translation for your AP200 product page, and in exchange you offered to send me an AP200 review unit once they are available. I thought that was really nice of you (as I would've helped out even if you hadn't offered to send any review unit), so I offered to also correct the English text for you (the exact wording of which you had then used, and continue to use today, not only on the product pages for the AP200 and AP60 II, but also on numerous social media posts).

Since then I had contacted you once a month to check in on the progress of the AP200, but the last time I heard any response was back in September.

In my September email I requested if a review unit of the AP60 II would be available, to which you asked which colour should be sent.

Well, here we are in March 2018, and still no Hidizs products.

So please could you just inform me about whether or not you intend to honour our initial agreement.

Mar 18, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #2,210 of 2,616
I hope you are wrong :v:

Of course me, too.
But, they said they will fix the DAC out bug soon, in last November. In This January, they will fix it in the end of the month. And in February, they will fix it in the end of this month, again. According to their comment for excuse, they do not have an enough skill to develop the firmware of android OS.
So I can expect nothing any more.

Mar 19, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #2,212 of 2,616
Of course me, too.
But, they said they will fix the DAC out bug soon, in last November. In This January, they will fix it in the end of the month. And in February, they will fix it in the end of this month, again. According to their comment for excuse, they do not have an enough skill to develop the firmware of android OS.
So I can expect nothing any more.

:disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

Mar 19, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #2,214 of 2,616
I may be wrong, but it seems that there is something about the way the hardware is implemented that is making the software side of things difficult. I find it hard to believe that their software designers are incompetent. There must be something more to this than we know. The software engineers should have come up with solutions for most of the problems by now. I too am trying to sell mine on reverb for 3 weeks now - no takers. :frowning2:

Mar 19, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #2,216 of 2,616
Music Player application is provided from Hiby, but the firmware is developed by Hidizs. They stated before that AP200 is the first Android device for them (all the others are Linux) and developing firmware on android OS is difficult for them.

Mar 19, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #2,217 of 2,616
Cayin is having problems with USB out on N5ii and commented they have been trying to work together with Hiby to solve, but can't commit to a timeline due to Hiby. Hidizs may be in a similar situation.

Really today I wouldn't want to commit to a player that isn't fully developed if it relies on Hiby. Business sense dictates they will devote resources to their own players first.

Cayin N3 is running Hiby software and Hibylink and is a fine DAP, but it is mature and stable.

Mar 24, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #2,218 of 2,616
Hidizs AP200 > Atlas Zeno IEM > Inearz P350

DSC_0174.jpg

Mar 25, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #2,219 of 2,616
March is almost over and still no sign of promised mid march update that supposedly was going to bring to the table audio out (usb/digital)
Sad story, so many months have passed and this issue has been not solved yet and it sucks big time
: (

Mar 25, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #2,220 of 2,616
they are busy milking the DH1000 kickstarter backer. On top of that they are rushing mass drop AP60 Pro. Do you think they will have time for AP200 which they have already bank the cash? Furthermore believe they are not as technical sound in the android os compared to hardware & linux.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back