New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Dec 27, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #1,908 of 2,616
i'm trying to get run USB DAC mode
but still no success...

1. Linux (fedora 27)
- device detected, no problem with maping under control panel.
- Sound is shifted, with cca 1s delay

2. Windows (10 pro)
- device detected after turning on USB debugging mode
-Sound is shifted, with cca 1s delay

-Thesycon driver is very old and hash for the file in not present in catalog file (now i have actual driver from fiio but catalog file .cat is still wrong/unsigned)
their driver looks very lame and not working...

Already reported to Hidizs.

Dec 27, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #1,909 of 2,616
These are currently my main outstanding issues with the AP200 firmware. I’m sure there is more, but these are the main ones that always come to mind.

- The music application still occasionally crashes and restarts itself.

- Music, only very occasionally will glitch a bit then continue as normal.

- If I’m playing a particular artist from one of their albums and then go back and change to another one of their albums (same artist), it will show the newly selected album, artwork etc... but the music it plays is from the previous album I was just listening too.

- If Wi-Fi is turned on, I can hear digital noise coming through the headphones.

- No line out.

- Hidizs Music (HibyMusic) still missing features from the PlayStore version, including, but not limited too.

• HibyLink
• Show Lyrics (On/Off)
• Resume play from last position
• ReplayGain

EDIT: also; USB out sounds crappy, keyboard and/ or screen calibration is a little off.

Same problems, for sreen calibration i turn on touch markers in dev mode for debug.
That wifi related issue looks like HW design problem.

Dec 27, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #1,910 of 2,616
Same problems, for sreen calibration i turn on touch markers in dev mode for debug.
That wifi related issue looks like HW design problem.

Thanks I’ll give that a try. As for the wifi, definitely a hardware issue, a few other are also having the same issue on Kickstarter group, it’s a shame since they banged on about the gold shielding etc...

Dec 27, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #1,913 of 2,616
I am waiting on N5ii actually, so until it arrives, I cannot speak about it :darthsmile:

My hands are itching to complete an order for N5ii : ) have very high hopes it will deliver sound I am looking for as at the end of the day ap200 is not my cup of the tea. So I was hoping for maybe it has been delivered to you?

Cheers

Dec 27, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #1,914 of 2,616
These are currently my main outstanding issues with the AP200 firmware. I’m sure there is more, but these are the main ones that always come to mind.

- The music application still occasionally crashes and restarts itself.

- Music, only very occasionally will glitch a bit then continue as normal.

- If I’m playing a particular artist from one of their albums and then go back and change to another one of their albums (same artist), it will show the newly selected album, artwork etc... but the music it plays is from the previous album I was just listening too.

- If Wi-Fi is turned on, I can hear digital noise coming through the headphones.

- No line out.

- Hidizs Music (HibyMusic) still missing features from the PlayStore version, including, but not limited too.

• HibyLink
• Show Lyrics (On/Off)
• Resume play from last position
• ReplayGain

EDIT: also; USB out sounds crappy, keyboard and/ or screen calibration is a little off.

At my side same position like you without forgetting Tidal offline download to mSD

Dec 27, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #1,915 of 2,616
My hands are itching to complete an order for N5ii : ) have very high hopes it will deliver sound I am looking for as at the end of the day ap200 is not my cup of the tea. So I was hoping for maybe it has been delivered to you?

Cheers

Sorry, nope. Romania was on pause from 23 December and will be until about 7-8 January since we have like a long holiday for the whole country :darthsmile:

Dec 27, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #1,916 of 2,616
Hi, I have been playing with this dap for a couple of days now. I also have been trying to read through the thread. At the moment I have one question. If I have a roll off filter set and then I use a third party music player app will the filter that I have chosen still be in effect? Everything sounds good but I was just curious as to how it works. I have been trying out different music player apps because I have never had an android dap before and, like I said, I am a curious person:)

Dec 27, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #1,917 of 2,616
Hi, I have been playing with this dap for a couple of days now. I also have been trying to read through the thread. At the moment I have one question. If I have a roll off filter set and then I use a third party music player app will the filter that I have chosen still be in effect? Everything sounds good but I was just curious as to how it works. I have been trying out different music player apps because I have never had an android dap before and, like I said, I am a curious person:)

The filter is an instruction in the DAC. Whatever app you use it comes after the file has gone through the DAC so it does not matter

Dec 28, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #1,918 of 2,616
Do we think we will ever have a full featured Hidizs Music App (HibyMusic) like the PlayStore version or the R6 player?

I know Hiby make/ develop music apps for a lot of Chinese DAP, it just worries me a little that now they are in the hardware game, they won’t a) have as much time for 3rd parties and b) keep exclusive features for their own hardware.

If the R6 was a decent upgrade over the AP200 in terms of sound, and I had the money. I’d almost be inclined to get one just for the software/ hardware being from the same developers.

Also, is there a trick to get the PlayStore version of HibyMusic on the AP200? If you go to the store it says it’s already installed.

Cheers.

Dec 28, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #1,919 of 2,616
I think the fees for the rights to using software along with expanding a self created music ecosystem which is itself control and a semi guarantor of future funds is appealing on money,pride and influence/control levels so Hiby walking away from a growing # of devices using it's creations seems unlikely. I would imagine the platform they are building will be used by more DAP's and not less as it saves the other companies R&D money for other things. If I were Hiby I would be making their "D.T.A." a pseudo standard of sorts.

I think it may already be to the point where the software is like the hardware with different money buying you different things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back