New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Dec 23, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #1,876 of 2,616
IMG_6489.JPG
Firmware Version 0.2.2Beta has been posted.

1. Repair hidizs music random close
2. Optimized random pauses when playing music
3. Improved system's power management

EDIT: The ROM/Image is the same files size as 0.2.1 and it still shows 0.2.1beta in the "About Device" so who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT 2: I've uploaded it to my Google Drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/1moSHgca2YbtYos3BSJL_cRqkeGRXh2rX/view?usp=sharing

Hi Thank You very much for the quick link.
Have updated my AP200 and shows 0.2.2Beta firmware

Dec 23, 2017 at 3:31 AM Post #1,878 of 2,616
Which file do you choose to upload? Where to?

Copy the update.img file to the root of your internal SD card. If you don't get prompted to update the firmware within a minute or two of copying, then do a reboot. After Android is up and running again, you should receive the update prompt.

Dec 23, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #1,881 of 2,616
Did anyone here have any experience with echobox explorer? How does it compare in terms of sound to ap200?

Dec 24, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #1,882 of 2,616
Does anyone know how does the AP200 sort the files in the Hiby app? I have one order in the Album view, different one under the Artist view and yet different one in the Folder view.

Update: Since installing latest 0.2.2 firmware and rescanning the library, the files seem to be now in the right order.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #1,883 of 2,616
Flashed to 2.2 painlessly.

If someone will be testing the alleged power management please post your findings. These days(holiday) I'm not listening to music 6h a day, so I wont be able to tell if there is a difference.

Dec 24, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #1,884 of 2,616
Flashed to 2.2 painlessly.

If someone will be testing the alleged power management please post your findings. These days(holiday) I'm not listening to music 6h a day, so I wont be able to tell if there is a difference.

The 2.2 update will help to slow down the fast draining of the battery. Besides normally I have listened to the same Universal IEMs louder than now after upgrading to 2.2

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #1,885 of 2,616
20171225_093659.jpg
Installed the 2.2 update right away and been using the unit flawlessly with Pure android mode, High Gain under 65+ volume and the battery life is effin awesome! Im currently playing the http://taralabs.com/cascade-noise-burn-in for 2 days now and the battery life from 100% to 0% is more than 6hrs+ under continuous play.

Using Faaeal Snow Lotus 2.0 right now with the AP200

I'll try to post more battery management pics once I have time to monitor it. HAPPY HOLIDAYS everyone! \m/

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #1,887 of 2,616
So strange... mine still shows 0.2.1beta, I even did a full wipe/ restore. No idea.

Copy the update.img file and paste it to the Internal Storage dont put it inside any folders though. Just paste it once you are inside internal.

Delete any update.img file if you still have the 0.2.1 file. Do not use Restore as it will just revert back to the previous version.

Dec 24, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #1,888 of 2,616
Copy the update.img file and paste it to the Internal Storage dont put it inside any folders though. Just paste it once you are inside internal.

Delete any update.img file if you still have the 0.2.1 file. Do not use Restore as it will just revert back to the previous version.

Cheers Lcdxiii. I will try again... but I always do the same procedure with no previous issue. Download -> image copied to formatted MicroSD (by it self) -> Install update -> Recovery Mode -> Wipe/ Restore.

Not a massive issue, the update doesn’t really fix any real issues I have... maybe I’ll just wait for 0.2.3.

Dec 24, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #1,889 of 2,616

Why do you say that... once the new firmware is updated (first) and you do a restore, it will be the latest firmware you just installed previously, as the device doesn’t save previous updates. It’s Android and not an appliance with a factory image embedded.

Dec 24, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #1,890 of 2,616
Why do you say that... once the new firmware is updated (first) and you do a restore, it will be the latest firmware you just installed previously, as the device doesn’t save previous updates. It’s Android and not an appliance with a factory image embedded.

Just giving you options to help you out. Since you mentioned that your current firmware is still showing 0.2.1 not the 0.2.2. Meaning there is something wrong on how you are installing the 0.2.2 firmware update.

i'm a newbie here so just trying to help you out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back