New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Dec 30, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #1,936 of 2,616
Some peopled that backed the AP200 campaign on Kickstarter are still waiting for their orders too. I lucked out, and received mine earlier this month. With exception to a few minor bugs (now), it's been working great. I'm sure those bugs and the battery life improvement will come in future firmware updates.

That's all very well, and I know that some people have received good units, but you only have to look back on the comments here and on kickstarter to see that the vast majority of people have various problems with this device. Of course those problems will only last so long, that is until the battery doesn't take a charge any longer and you have to throw it in the bin. Your firmware updates aren't much use to you then. :laughing:

Dec 30, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #1,937 of 2,616
That's all very well, and I know that some people have received good units, but you only have to look back on the comments here and on kickstarter to see that the vast majority of people have various problems with this device. Of course those problems will only last so long, that is until the battery doesn't take a charge any longer and you have to throw it in the bin. Your firmware updates aren't much use to you then. :laughing:

I purchased a Hidizs AP100 three years ago, and the battery is still going strong in that. I also used that almost everyday, since I received it. There were bugs in the firmware early on, but those were all addressed through frequent updates. If bugs still exist, I haven't noticed them in the past 2-3 years. I'm sure they'll go through a similar process with the AP200.

Stop spewing bullsh!t and lies, if you have no history dealing with Hidizs. Sure, people on KS are pissed/upset because they haven't received their orders or they've had nothing but problems with their AP200, but out of the 943 backers on KS, we're hearing the most noise from people with issues regarding their orders or the unit they received. I'm probably one of the only people that reported a success story with my unit, but I'm sure there are hundreds of other backers that had a similar experience to me that didn't bother to post anything on KS.

Hidizs' downfall with the KS/IG campaigns, was their lack of communication. If they were more on the ball, and could provide regular updates, then people would be complaining less. With it being the holiday season, I doubt they have any staff working. If they do, then it's probably minimal. Hopefully they're more responsive in the new year.

Dec 30, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #1,939 of 2,616
+1 to WeirdG's post! I've used my AP200 every day for a month now. Havent experienced any bugs at all. Battery life was also vastly improved in 2.2. Btw. I factory reset after all updates.

What sort of battery life are you getting now then?

Dec 30, 2017 at 4:06 AM Post #1,940 of 2,616
I purchased a Hidizs AP100 three years ago, and the battery is still going strong in that. I also used that almost everyday, since I received it. There were bugs in the firmware early on, but those were all addressed through frequent updates. If bugs still exist, I haven't noticed them in the past 2-3 years. I'm sure they'll go through a similar process with the AP200.

Stop spewing bullsh!t and lies, if you have no history dealing with Hidizs. Sure, people on KS are pissed/upset because they haven't received their orders or they've had nothing but problems with their AP200, but out of the 943 backers on KS, we're hearing the most noise from people with issues regarding their orders or the unit they received. I'm probably one of the only people that reported a success story with my unit, but I'm sure there are hundreds of other backers that had a similar experience to me that didn't bother to post anything on KS.

Hidizs' downfall with the KS/IG campaigns, was their lack of communication. If they were more on the ball, and could provide regular updates, then people would be complaining less. With it being the holiday season, I doubt they have any staff working. If they do, then it's probably minimal. Hopefully they're more responsive in the new year.

Go back and read my previous posts, I do have a history with Hidizs and they are the ones that have been "spewing bullsh!t and lies", not myself, so get off your high horse there.

You seem to be very defensive of this company for some strange reason, they're hardly a company I'd recommend to anybody given the amount of lies, they've been dishing out for months on end now. It's not the lack of communication so much, it's their lack of willingness to engage with you on any level whatsoever. Also holiday seasons excuses don't cut it, when you've explicitly told your customers that they would receive their tracking numbers within a week, and that announcement by them was made THREE weeks ago.

Dec 30, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #1,941 of 2,616
What sort of battery life are you getting now then?

On high gain, I'm getting a little over 6 hours while streaming music over wifi using the Slacker Radio app. IMO, that's pretty good. I bet on low gain with wifi/bluetooth disabled, and listening to music stored locally, I bet I can get another hour or two of battery life.

Dec 30, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #1,942 of 2,616

Well, glad you had the balls to post your success story. It was starting to look dreary in here. I've haven't had any hidizs product prior to the ap200, so I can't say anything besides the product I have is perfectly functional for music and battery is a lot better on v2.2.

But I do feel a bit sad for the people encountering issues with their orders and units and wish it would get resolved soon. I am happy with what I got, though I admit I had low expectations all around and it's because of what I see, it's still a small company, the product is crowd funded and as the firmware suggests, it's a beta one at that.

Dec 30, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #1,943 of 2,616
Go back and read my previous posts, I do have a history with Hidizs and they are the ones that have been "spewing bullsh!t and lies", not myself, so get off your high horse there.

You seem to be very defensive of this company for some strange reason, they're hardly a company I'd recommend to anybody given the amount of lies, they've been dishing out for months on end now. It's not the lack of communication so much, it's their lack of willingness to engage with you on any level whatsoever. Also holiday seasons excuses don't cut it, when you've explicitly told your customers that they would receive their tracking numbers within a week, and that announcement by them was made THREE weeks ago.

What history? It seems like you only have history with the AP200. What about the AP100 or AP60? As I mentioned before, I've been using their products for three years without many issues, and those issues were mostly resolved.

Have you ever purchased anything off of KS before? I've had worse experiences with two campaigns I backed previous to the AP200. KS delivery dates often get missed. I backed the Blink: Wire-Free HD Home Monitoring & Alert System, back in Sept 2014. The delivery date was May 2015, and I didn't receive my order until last Spring. Some backers are still waiting for their orders. Same crap there too... a lack of communication, and backers are complaining about not receiving their orders yet.

IMO, if you're going to back something on KS/IG, then expect delays. If you don't want to deal with the BS, then buy the product after it's available in stores.

I'm not being defensive, I'm just sharing my experience dealing with Hidizs and their products. The KS campaign did suck, and I did bitch and complain on there like some others, but their delays were hardly the worst I've ever had to deal with on KS.

Dec 30, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #1,944 of 2,616
Well, glad you had the balls to post your success story. It was starting to look dreary in here. I've haven't had any hidizs product prior to the ap200, so I can't say anything besides the product I have is perfectly functional for music and battery is a lot better on v2.2.

But I do feel a bit sad for the people encountering issues with their orders and units and wish it would get resolved soon. I am happy with what I got, though I admit I had low expectations all around and it's because of what I see, it's still a small company, the product is crowd funded and as the firmware suggests, it's a beta one at that.

The final firmware Hidizs released on the AP100 was also a beta. It was still stable, and there were no major bugs. I didn't notice any of the minor bugs either. I do feel bad for the backers on KS/IG, but bitching and complaining isn't going to solve anything. Hopefully they can provide an update on the missing orders soon. For many of us, it wasn't cheap to back the AP200, so hopefully they didn't screw over those backers still waiting for their orders.

Dec 30, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #1,945 of 2,616
Of all the late delivery of project on indiegogo and Kickstarter that I supported, to the best of my knowledge, none started selling to non backers before fulfilling their obligation to the backers.

I would love to support their future products if they have not successfuly pissed me off enough with their invisible communication. In facct they have been sending me their survey for DH 1000. Are they really stretched??

Dec 30, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #1,946 of 2,616
What history? It seems like you only have history with the AP200. What about the AP100 or AP60? As I mentioned before, I've been using their products for three years without many issues, and those issues were mostly resolved.

Have you ever purchased anything off of KS before? I've had worse experiences with two campaigns I backed previous to the AP200. KS delivery dates often get missed. I backed the Blink: Wire-Free HD Home Monitoring & Alert System, back in Sept 2014. The delivery date was May 2015, and I didn't receive my order until last Spring. Some backers are still waiting for their orders. Same **** there too... a lack of communication, and backers are complaining about not receiving their orders yet.

IMO, if you're going to back something on KS/IG, then expect delays. If you don't want to deal with the BS, then buy the product after it's available in stores.

I'm not being defensive, I'm just sharing my experience dealing with Hidizs and their products. The KS campaign did suck, and I did bitch and complain on there like some others, but their delays were hardly the worst I've ever had to deal with on KS.

Whether I've been an owner of previous products or have backed other projects previously is neither here nor there, you're only mentioning their previous products to suit your assumptions about my history with them.

I know many KS projects that have not been fulfilled, but that shouldn't be used for the comparison of Hidizs's continued lies. You can buy the AP-200 in lots of stores now and have it delivered before Hidizs gets them to many of their backers, Now that is comparatively BS, wouldn't you say? After all the backers were promised that they would get their devices before they hit retail outlets.

A4CYThT.png

Yea so it kinda defeats the purpose of backing projects, if you're put under the illusion that you're going to get your product before you have the opportunity to bypass all the BS and get it from a retail outlet.

This is another problem with their campaign that made people see red, how is that shops are selling them before they can get their hands on them? It's not right. Neither is their lies et al.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #1,948 of 2,616
Look at their stock level found in their own online store vs their production delay. Look at how many retailers multiply by the "small quantity" that they are selling all over the world.

Yes let's look shall we?

http://patefon.ru

http://xchesser.ru/catalog/product/hidizs-ap200

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20171230021204&SearchText=Hidizs+AP200

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hidizs-AP2...-32G-64G-ES9118C-DAC-DSD-PCM-DAP/253273860024

https://search.jd.com/Search?keyword=ap200音乐播放器&enc=utf-8&spm=2.1.2

Very small quantities indeed. It's a farce and indefensible.

Dec 30, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #1,949 of 2,616
Whether I've been an owner of previous products or have backed other projects previously is neither here nor there, you're only mentioning their previous products to suit your assumptions about my history with them.

I know many KS projects that have not been fulfilled, but that shouldn't be used for the comparison of Hidizs's continued lies. You can buy the AP-200 in lots of stores now and have it delivered before Hidizs gets them to many of their backers, Now that is comparatively BS, wouldn't you say? After all the backers were promised that they would get their devices before they hit retail outlets.

A4CYThT.png

Yea so it kinda defeats the purpose of backing projects, if you're put under the illusion that you're going to get your product before you have the opportunity to bypass all the BS and get it from a retail outlet.

This is another problem with their campaign that made people see red, how is that shops are selling them before they can get their hands on them? It's not right. Neither is their lies et al.

As per your previous post, here are some of the assumptions you made regarding the product, without actually have one in hand.

So you see posts from the same 20-30 people, and you consider that a majority???? 943 people backed the AP200 on KS. I bet less than half of those people even commented on KS, and many of those people on KS posted on Head-Fi under a different handle. I know I did. You're also assuming the battery will die quickly based on how I'm reading your post, without actually using the device or any of their other devices, such as the AP100 and AP60. I brought up my own experience with the AP100, because I had no battery problems with that in the three years I've own it.

BTW, which model did you order, and which rear panel did it have?

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #1,950 of 2,616
As per your previous post, here are some of the assumptions you made regarding the product, without actually have one in hand.

So you see posts from the same 20-30 people, and you consider that a majority???? 943 people backed the AP200 on KS. I bet less than half of those people even commented on KS, and many of those people on KS posted on Head-Fi under a different handle. I know I did. You're also assuming the battery will die quickly based on how I'm reading your post, without actually using the device or any of their other devices, such as the AP100 and AP60. I brought up my own experience with the AP100, because I had no battery problems with that in the three years I've own it.

BTW, which model did you order, and which rear panel did it have?

Now you're trying to distract the attention away from the issues in hand by making it about what you think are "assumptions made by me". This is not about you or me it's about Hidizs.

It wasn't assumptions I was making about the AP-200 battery, it's a fact that at some point, the batteries life will end and with it, so will the unit, unless of course you can find someone to take it apart for you and glue it back together.

Just FYI I have been following this thread for an age, I noticed how it got real busy when Hidizs sent out the first shipment a few months back and people started to leave feedback. Some good fellow members helped those in need, which was a lot of helping, because a lot of people came here looking for solutions to their problems, some people had problems getting their devices even working while others had problems updating firmware, as you'd expect with anything new to the market. Since that first shipment it's been a case of problems and offered solutions and that's great, that's what communities should be doing, helping one another.

It was far more than 20-30 people to be fair and this isn't the only place on the internet that people are discussing their problems with this device, life doesn't revolve around this forum. I never mentioned the word "quickly" but there you go again with your assumptions. You're also assuming that I don't own the AP100 or AP60, I never told you that I didn't own them so what gives you the right to assume and say that I don't own them, I'll never know:laughing:

The rosewood if you must know. Don't worry I heard they have it made already but apparently they're not sending it out to any of their backers on IGG. It's a shame really that they're lying scamming f*cks, but that's the world we live in today, it's full of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back