New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Dec 8, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #1,681 of 2,616
Did someone try this ?

bzirdhxp2fgff8rtzlxk.png

The sound is horrible, full of garbage/statics... How can Hidizs put this picture on their campaign and not check this simply works ???
(tested with Hiby stock player and also USB Audio Player Pro)
Sorry if this was already discussed (most probably it was).
Their communication is also zero (through indiegogo messages, and through their email address hello@hidizs.net). This is sad. I hope that people who got hardware issues and who wrote to them had at least a reply from them.

Did u set it up correctly? Sounds like if it is using the wrong mode. I haven't received mine yet so I can't help.

Dec 8, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #1,682 of 2,616
Did someone try this ?

bzirdhxp2fgff8rtzlxk.png

The sound is horrible, full of garbage/statics... How can Hidizs put this picture on their campaign and not check this simply works ???
Their communication is also zero (through indiegogo messages, and through their email address hello@hidizs.net). This is sad. I hope that people who got hardware issues and who wrote to them had at least a reply from them.
It's coming.. Post #1552

Dec 8, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #1,683 of 2,616
Did u set it up correctly? Sounds like if it is using the wrong mode. I haven't received mine yet so I can't help.
Then I'm waiting for your comments when you'll be able to test it. Nice to hear that you dispose of the same devices (soon).
It was not just statics : you could hear the songs behind. It's the first time I would have to implement something in UAAP with a USB android source connected to the Mojo. It works even with the Hidizs AP60, but this one is not android based. The DAC mode in the AP200 is for the other way around : AP200 as DAC for your source (PC or other). I had also (slight) garbage sound but it was nothing compared to the present issue.
But if someone knows something and can explain this, that would be awesome.
I read earlier that other people had no sound at all from the Mojo with this device. Did someone already clearly say that the Mojo was working correctly with the AP200 as USB source ?
I still enjoy the device as standalone source though :)

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #1,685 of 2,616
That's very strange. I got the reply from Hidizs, which I've posted back in the thread, just few hours after it was sent.
I envy you I don't know why hidizs doesn't any reply to me.
They never replied to my asking why some early kickstarter backers did not recieve the promised microSD card. So they reply selectively, if you ask about firmware development (that they are working on anyway), and not to the people who got problems with their orders ? What about people with defective devices or defective parts ???

Dec 8, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #1,686 of 2,616
Then I'm waiting for your comments when you'll be able to test it. Nice to hear that you dispose of the same devices (soon).
It was not just statics : you could hear the songs behind. It's the first time I would have to implement something in UAAP with a USB android source connected to the Mojo. It works even with the Hidizs AP60, but this one is not android based. The DAC mode in the AP200 is for the other way around : AP200 as DAC for your source (PC or other). I had also (slight) garbage sound but it was nothing compared to the present issue.
But if someone knows something and can explain this, that would be awesome.
I read earlier that other people had no sound at all from the Mojo with this device. Did someone already clearly say that the Mojo was working correctly with the AP200 as USB source ?
I still enjoy the device as standalone source though :)

I've seen this behaviour before when setting up the Mojo in native (perhaps?) instead of DoP mode, therefore my curiosity to know if you have tried fiddling with the settings...

Dec 8, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #1,687 of 2,616
They never replied to my asking why some early kickstarter backers did not recieve the promised microSD card. So they reply selectively, if you ask about firmware development (that they are working on anyway), and not to the people who got problems with their orders ? What about people with defective devices or defective parts ???

I have a defective AP200 that would not charge, and I heard back from them a few times about the issue, but it was a slow slow process. They eventually asked me to send it back to them, so it's currently on the way from here in the US to China. They said if they could repair it, they would, and if they couldn't, they'd replace it.

Dec 8, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #1,688 of 2,616
Received mine yesterday, did some minor listening to it, had no issues with updating the beta firmware. The micro sd card that came with it, died after putting some music on it, luckily I have a few laying around... Time to zone out and get productive, or at least look productive, and listen to this new toy

Dec 8, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #1,689 of 2,616
Did someone try this ?

bzirdhxp2fgff8rtzlxk.png

Their communication is also zero (through indiegogo messages, and through their email address hello@hidizs.net). This is poor communication with the community. I hope that people who got hardware issues and who wrote to them had at least a reply from them.

It was discussed many times. The e-mail address I was using and got quite a quick reply was hidizs@hidzs.net
You can read the answer I got from Hidizs back in the Post #1552.

Dec 8, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #1,690 of 2,616
Hi all!
Got mine today. # 123
In the box v0.1.9. Updated it to 0.2.0 (beta)
Strange thing. When listening to "Wu-Tang Clan - My Only One" got strange noisey clicks on the bass line
Same thing on some songs with lots of bass
Can someone repeat and check it's just me or?

Dec 8, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #1,691 of 2,616
Hi all!
Got mine today. # 123
In the box v0.1.9. Updated it to 0.2.0 (beta)
Strange thing. When listening to "Wu-Tang Clan - My Only One" got strange noisey clicks on the bass line
Same thing on some songs with lots of bass
Can someone repeat and check it's just me or?

I do not hear that... maybe yours is broken.... how lopud are you listening?

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #1,695 of 2,616
Simple Flac 16 bit. Listening on 67 % volume with High Gain. Use beyerdynamic dx 120 ie.
This noise disappears if I reduce the bass line (31, 62) in the equalizer
By default, the equalizer was turned off and this noise was in the song

I'm not sure what to say. What are you coming from?

There is a slight chance that your previous devices didn't really reveal that there was clipping within the song itself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back