New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Dec 7, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #1,667 of 2,616
LRG_DSC01069_1512629766680_zpsh1r7cnf3.jpg

Finally got around to testing the dac in mode and it works perfectly well (pull down menu, select internal to shift to dac in) even with an adapter from micro usb (what the stock cable terminates to) to type c. (yes, I have spotify on the ap200, I'm just testing the dac function)

I'm surprised extreme mode on spotify is 48khz 24 bit.

It's not.

Dec 7, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #1,668 of 2,616
shut it down

Volume - pressed, then press power and keep both for 15 seconds.

Thanks! Now I gotta figure out the screenshot

It's not.

Apparently so, tested it on the stock player with a known bit rate, that screen doesn't change. Does that mean that's the maximum the ap200 can utilize from the input source?

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #1,670 of 2,616
I'm not 100% sure if it can take screenshots.

That's kinda sad, though I've tried the typical suspects (vol down + power, vol up + power, single press power + drop down screenshot) i suspect it's still vol down + power but the os is blocking/reserving it for volume control.

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #1,671 of 2,616
That's kinda sad, though I've tried the typical suspects (vol down + power, vol up + power, single press power + drop down screenshot) i suspect it's still vol down + power but the os is blocking/reserving it for volume control.

Don't forget that this is Adnroid OS - go to Play Store and you'd find plenty of screehshot apps there. Standard button methods don't work in AP200. But many apps do.

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #1,672 of 2,616
Don't forget that this is Adnroid OS - go to Play Store and you'd find plenty of screehshot apps there. Standard button methods don't work in AP200. But many apps do.

True, I guess I was used to the zx2 and forgot it's ok to install other apps :) 1gig ram isn't a lot but I don't think a screeshot app would eat a lot of ram.

Dec 7, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #1,673 of 2,616
Hidiz seem to have stop responding to emails, KickStarter buyer etc... Was really hoping for an update by now. v0.2.0beta didn't really resolve much (for me anyway) and they promised a few updates to the Hiby player was coming soon. I guess now Hiby have their own DAP out, they probably can't get much time out of them anymore to move this OS out of beta.

Still disappointed with the AP200, hopeful my financial situation sorts itself out next year and I can get myself into something like an A&K or similar major player. After playing with my mates AK70 and Mojo, going back to the AP200 hurts a little :)

Dec 7, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #1,674 of 2,616
I'm having a problem with my unit. I'm hearing a very soft but high pitch beeping sound as well as some other interference/noise sounds when the volume is very low (or paused). I notice it more on a sensitive pair of in ear more. Anyone else notice this? Any advice on what I should do?

I have the exact same issue since day one V.0.8beta. I've tried two different IEM's and it does the same thing. Its also done it on every firmware i've installed, plus factory reset and still present I have emailed Hidizs the issue and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - Maybe worth emailing them too, if they even respond anymore.

Dec 8, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #1,675 of 2,616
I have the exact same issue since day one V.0.8beta. I've tried two different IEM's and it does the same thing. Its also done it on every firmware i've installed, plus factory reset and still present I have emailed Hidizs the issue and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - Maybe worth emailing them too, if they even respond anymore.
Same here with the device I have just recieved. 128GB recieved with last beta firmware 0.2.0. But it's curious. I had no problem with Custom Art Harmony 8.2, but soft beeping/statics, in the left channel principally, with Sennheiser PX100 I had in my desk at work. No such issue with closed Fostex made E-MU headphones.
Edit : what IEM did you use that had those noises ? I wonder if this could be related to the jack/cable used...

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #1,676 of 2,616
I tested it with my A35, phone with pha-1a, xduoo xd-05, wm1a. Aside from the wm1a, it's a lot better than the rest that I have. The musical quality is engaging, more fun to listen to but at the same time it's not overly colored. Low/bass is good, clear, not basshead quality as bass is heard if the track isnt thumping, but when it does, you can feel it. Mids are clear, intimate but not crowded, a bit forward, the vocals are nice, strings can be heard being plucked, hammers hitting piano strings can be imagined (that clarity is minimal with the tennmak, but beautiful on the andro) highs are clear, a bit extended but not sparkly.

Overall I'm very satisfied with this sonically, so much i wont miss my wm1a when I'm out and about.
Thank you for your thoughts. I have just recieved mine and I'm positively surprised with the sound quality. Have to listen to it more to get a precise view. But I hear a musical device with good extensions, a little warm but good resolution with my Harmony 8.2. I agree it's in another leaguue than xduoo XD-05 that I own too. I prefer it to my Cayin N5 too, from what I heard.
Side note, the supposed 64GB microSD card that was offered to early backers was missing. And Hidizs has still to answer any of my messages or email to them. That's sad.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #1,677 of 2,616
Thank you for your thoughts. I have just recieved mine and I'm positively surprised with the sound quality. Have to listen to it more to get a precise view. But I hear a musical device with good extensions, a little warm but good resolution with my Harmony 8.2. I agree it's in another leaguue than xduoo XD-05 that I own too. I prefer it to my Cayin N5 too, from what I heard.

I'm glad someone else is confirming what I'm hearing :)

Dec 8, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #1,680 of 2,616
Did someone try this ?

bzirdhxp2fgff8rtzlxk.png

The sound is horrible, full of garbage/statics... How can Hidizs put this picture on their campaign and not check this simply works ???
(tested with Hiby stock player and also USB Audio Player Pro)
Sorry if this was already discussed (most probably it was).
Their communication is also zero (through indiegogo messages, and through their email address hello@hidizs.net). This is poor communication with the community. I hope that people who got hardware issues and who wrote to them had at least a reply from them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back