New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Dec 9, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #1,696 of 2,616
I'm not sure what to say. What are you coming from?

There is a slight chance that your previous devices didn't really reveal that there was clipping within the song itself

No. Noticed this noise when listening to machine gun Kelly-golden God. When you promoted bass in the equalizer, clicks turned into noise. The player starts to make noise when a threshold is crossed in the lower frequencies.

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #1,697 of 2,616
No. Noticed this noise when listening to machine gun Kelly-golden God. When you promoted bass in the equalizer, clicks turned into noise. The player starts to make noise when a threshold is crossed in the lower frequencies.

I honestly don't know what to say. I tried my best to play with it, but my unit did act a bit iffy so I didn't insist and only posted an overview. I think that HIDIZS should be fixing all issues via firmware updates. I do not know when that will happen and I haven't heard word back from them, but I'm fairly sure they will address those issues.

Dec 9, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #1,698 of 2,616
I honestly don't know what to say. I tried my best to play with it, but my unit did act a bit iffy so I didn't insist and only posted an overview. I think that HIDIZS should be fixing all issues via firmware updates. I do not know when that will happen and I haven't heard word back from them, but I'm fairly sure they will address those issues.

Has already sent a letter to Hidizs describing the malfunction. I do not think that they will answer me in the near future. I hope this is a software problem. I do not want to send him back.

I used several types of headphones, played with the equalizer. The noise was gone even in the first song, when I dropped the first two sliders on the lower frequencies.
It can be used that way. But this does not mean that I should lose the bass in the music ...

Dec 9, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #1,699 of 2,616
Has already sent a letter to Hidizs describing the malfunction. I do not think that they will answer me in the near future. I hope this is a software problem. I do not want to send him back.

I used several types of headphones, played with the equalizer. The noise was gone even in the first song, when I dropped the first two sliders on the lower frequencies.
It can be used that way. But this does not mean that I should lose the bass in the music ...

It might be a hardware failure, like a broken capacitor.

Dec 9, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #1,701 of 2,616
This is most likely ...
But I just hope it's not.

It sounds to me like there are two possibilities. First you may be overdriving your headphones and they are distorting. This can permanently damage them. The second is that the player is clipping, unable to put out the power into the bass region that you want. This also can damage the gear. I don't think you have a defective unit, possibly just not a good match for your phones and listening preferences. The material you mention is very bass heavy. You may need to turn the volume down or cut the bass, even though you don't want to. 65 on high gain is putting out a lot of juice.

Dec 9, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #1,702 of 2,616
I've experienced songs stopping from playing for a fair bit (anywhere from 1-4 seconds) the button on the screen is on play, but the progression bar doesnt move. it happens infrequently, not a bit deal but a bit annoying. Not sure if it's my card format (exfat) or something else (it was the sd card for my sony (main folder is music, then artist, then album) but am pretty sure it isnt the sd card itself since it works fine on the a35/wm1a.

Anybody got any ideas?

Dec 9, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #1,703 of 2,616
So after a day of listening to this, its a nice dap... I like the warm sound versus the sound of my cayin N3. I am not a fan of the shared volume/skip track button

I've pretty much only have used the pure audio mode. Low gain sucks, have used high gain only. Sounds good with the noble x iem's! Powers the fostex th-x00, but I feel as the HE 400i's need more power...

Dec 9, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #1,704 of 2,616
It sounds to me like there are two possibilities. First you may be overdriving your headphones and they are distorting. This can permanently damage them. The second is that the player is clipping, unable to put out the power into the bass region that you want. This also can damage the gear. I don't think you have a defective unit, possibly just not a good match for your phones and listening preferences. The material you mention is very bass heavy. You may need to turn the volume down or cut the bass, even though you don't want to. 65 on high gain is putting out a lot of juice.

Four types of headphones (from good and not very) and all have the same sound

One of them is Pioneer SE-M531

Before that I listened ... Cowon D2+ with beyerdynamic DX 120 and in this song all be OK

I really would not want to lose the low frequencies

But for a while lowering the equalizer in the first two sliders

Dec 9, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #1,705 of 2,616
So after a day of listening to this, its a nice dap... I like the warm sound versus the sound of my cayin N3. I am not a fan of the shared volume/skip track button

I've pretty much only have used the pure audio mode. Low gain sucks, have used high gain only. Sounds good with the noble x iem's! Powers the fostex th-x00, but I feel as the HE 400i's need more power...

High gain on the AP200 and my HE400i is good at 70% volume though, 100% is just too loud for me.

Dec 9, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #1,706 of 2,616
Four types of headphones (from good and not very) and all have the same sound

One of them is Pioneer SE-M531

Before that I listened ... Cowon D2+ with beyerdynamic DX 120 and in this song all be OK

I really would not want to lose the low frequencies

But for a while lowering the equalizer in the first two sliders

If you just lower the volume, but leave equalizer flat, do you still have the problem? The Cowon has much less power output I believe, and I'm not real familiar with your headphones. Were you able to get the same volume using the Cowon, because it sounds like you're pushing the 200 pretty hard. It sounds like the player is clipping on the bass notes. I'd suggest trying your easiest to drive cans ( those that need the lowest volume setting on the player) to test this ( lower volume with flat eq). Although from the way you describe the sound, it sounds like a dynamic driver exceeding it's limits.

Dec 9, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #1,707 of 2,616
If you just lower the volume, but leave equalizer flat, do you still have the problem? The Cowon has much less power output I believe, and I'm not real familiar with your headphones. Were you able to get the same volume using the Cowon, because it sounds like you're pushing the 200 pretty hard. It sounds like the player is clipping on the bass notes. I'd suggest trying your easiest to drive cans ( those that need the lowest volume setting on the player) to test this ( lower volume with flat eq). Although from the way you describe the sound, it sounds like a dynamic driver exceeding it's limits.

Volume does not affect the appearance of this noise. Quietly and loudly, clicks still remain.

But if you lower the level in the equalizer, the clicks disappear

While reducing all levels in the equalizer to -5

I guess I'll have to listen to it ...

Dec 9, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #1,708 of 2,616
Volume does not affect the appearance of this noise. Quietly and loudly, clicks still remain.

Well that's discouraging. If it keeps happening even at low volume, it doesn't sound like clipping or an overloaded driver. It does sound like your player is faulty. Have you tried downloading any third party player apps from the Play Store to see if the problem persists? That would be my next move. If it clears up, then it's likely a firmware problem. If it persists,it's a hardware problem with the player.

Dec 9, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #1,709 of 2,616
Well that's discouraging. If it keeps happening even at low volume, it doesn't sound like clipping or an overloaded driver. It does sound like your player is faulty. Have you tried downloading any third party player apps from the Play Store to see if the problem persists? That would be my next move. If it clears up, then it's likely a firmware problem. If it persists,it's a hardware problem with the player.

I'll try it but not today
I'll Write the result if something changes

Dec 9, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #1,710 of 2,616

Does it still have this noise if you bypass the equalizer? (i.e. disable the equalizer...) Could be the equalizer firmware/software?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back