New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones
Feb 10, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #1,411 of 3,599

Quote:
do you mean that ems is kind of ''custom fees-proof"?

I've only been hit with customs fees using courier services like Fed-Ex. That's not to say you wont incur them using EMS (which is handled by the USPS in the states), but that in my own experience and the experience of others it's more likely with Fed-Ex.

Feb 10, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #1,412 of 3,599
EMS is no more custom duties proof than any other carrier in my experience. It all depends on how zealous the custom officers are at the time your package comes though their hands.

Usually a high value and weight ratio set them off, but sometimes not. I once got custom duties for a small parcel with low value, I was amazed; never before had they bothered for such a package. It had made the import hardly less expensive then buying the same item in Europe (I discovered a little later that it was available in the EU after all).

Feb 10, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #1,415 of 3,599
Gratuitous back story warning!

I got into this head-fi thing right in 2002 as a poor college student.  I remember lusting after the w2002 right from day one.  Years later when I could finally afford them(and after being disappointed by the leatherhead nonsense, sorry fans) they had become so scarce that I promised myself I wouldn't miss the next time AT comes out with a limited edition woody.

Fast forward to 2011: with 2 jobs, a kid on the way and the holidays bearing down, I completely missed out on the whole w3000anv thing... or so I thought.

/end gratuitous back story

When I saw that pricejapan still had these guys in stock I had to make my last "me" purchase before the baby comes.  Very excited right now.

Feb 10, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #1,417 of 3,599

...I promised myself I wouldn't miss the next time AT comes out with a limited edition woody.

Even though my interests began much later, I did a similar promise. = ) Glad I did!

Feb 10, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #1,419 of 3,599

Quote:
Ditto! Double congrats Raif!  :)

And to Olias as well. Just on the phones though, I hope you had nothing to do with the baby.  :wink:

Not in this case, no. I have my own baby at home, which is why I'm buying $1200 headphones instead of $5000 speakers.    :)

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #1,425 of 3,599

Quote:
Looks like Currawong is the only guy ditching the W3000ANV. Currawong, since you also have the LCD3, can you let me know how does the W3000ANV fit into the picture and why do you choose to sell it eventually?

It'll go up for sale, eventually. It could be the fit issue (I have a narrower head). Maybe the nail in the coffin was a pleasant experience with Denon D7000s today and the small Teac HP amp/DAC in a store. That I didn't see coming at all. The thing is though, with the LCD-3s and 009s here, they just aren't going to get used at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back