New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones
Feb 13, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #1,441 of 3,599

Quote:
Well... I was comfortable in my mid-fi cans, done buying headphones and gone from the forum for about 6 months... then one day I remember that I wanted to get the 50th anniversary phone, whatever it is and logged in, a quick search and boom,  a little lighter in the wallet.

Friend just sent me the tracking number so I am hoping to get it before the weekend.

Also preordered the Ibasso DX100 DAP.

I am done with this forum! you hear me? DONE!
BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy! And don't be a stranger!

No, seriously, I do hope you have a good amp for these though, have you heard of the AT-HA5000ANV?  
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 13, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #1,442 of 3,599

Also preordered the Ibasso DX100 DAP.

I am done with this forum! you hear me? DONE!
BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, sure you are done... =D

DX100 is interesting by the way, could even consider it. 6,3mm headphone socket is a huge plus.

And still on the fit issue, or not having issues. AppleheadMay, since were both europeans also, we must have a different view on what's small and what's not round. =D Or then I just don't realize that I have a horribly tiny head!

Feb 13, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #1,443 of 3,599
Heh, would be difficult to have a different view on that.
My head is really the opposite of round though. I eat 6 times a day to try and gain some weight, a bit of a stomach problem I have. I weigh 73kg for a 1m92 guy, so I can hardly have a round head, I'm skinny all over.

Let's just agree that something is terribly worng with your head then. The outside a least.  
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 13, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #1,444 of 3,599
Yeah! I got an email confirmation from Pricejapan that my W3000ANV are shipping today.
For those who believe in burn-in, how long does it take for the W3000ANV to settle in?
I hope they are not like my Edition 9 that took 400 hours.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Feb 13, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #1,445 of 3,599

Quote:
Yeah! I got an email confirmation from Pricejapan that my W3000ANV are shipping today.
For those who believe in burn-in, how long does it take for the W3000ANV to settle in?
I hope they are not like my Edition 9 that took 400 hours.

I don't believe in burn-in, but they seemed to get bassier after two days.

Feb 13, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #1,446 of 3,599
So what's a good AMP for these? I have not found an amp I like.  Everything gets too loud too quick, or has too much background noise.  I like to listen at low volume.  I love tube amps, but I may have to give up on them.  I'm looking for a tube amp that can drive anything, but especially these.  I might need a new DAC.  I'm hoping the WA22 will drive the W3000ANV well.  I'm not in love with the AD700 and the WA22.

Feb 13, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #1,448 of 3,599

Quote:
Plenty of amp recommendations in this thread. HA5000, Yamamoto, Zana Deux SE, HP-P1, ORB Jade, etc. They also sound quite good un-amped.

I have never heard of Yamamoto.  Interesting amps.  

Yeah, I know there are plenty of recommended amps.  I am just frustrated.  I know what I want, it is just hard to find it.  When I listen for a long time, I like to turn the volume down.  I hate hearing the amps hum, the background noise, etc.  But, get something quiet and you cannot drive some headphones well.  I just want a tube amp that drives everything well, with no background noise.

Edit:  Judging from the specs, these headphones are pretty sensitive.  I will know for sure sometime this week.

Feb 13, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #1,449 of 3,599

Quote:
I don't believe in burn-in, but they seemed to get bassier after two days.

So what would be your explanation of them getting more bassier after two days? Brain burn in? There would really be no reason to think otherwise between either burn in or mental burn in :).

Feb 13, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #1,450 of 3,599
Quote:
So what would be your explanation of them getting more bassier after two days? Brain burn in? There would really be no reason to think otherwise between either burn in or mental burn in :).

Could be the fit, positioning, or even mood.

Feb 13, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #1,451 of 3,599

Quote:

Brain burn-in :)  Unless I can somehow find some measurement - I'm still trying...

Feb 13, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #1,452 of 3,599
Interesting. To answer purins question on "burn in making things sound ****ty". Well my IE8s got way to mellow to my ears after several hours of usage. They just got too laid back for my taste. Just slightly a bit more forward and they would have been perfect though. Of course the mid bass hump was insult to injury for its price point and made me even more angry.
mad.gif

Feb 13, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #1,453 of 3,599

Heh, would be difficult to have a different view on that.
My head is really the opposite of round though. I eat 6 times a day to try and gain some weight, a bit of a stomach problem I have. I weigh 73kg for a 1m92 guy, so I can hardly have a round head, I'm skinny all over.

Let's just agree that something is terribly worng with your head then. The outside a least.  
tongue_smile.gif

Heh, I'm 182cm and I weigh the exact same actually. = ) So must be my head. And trust me, inside's even worse! xD

Feb 13, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #1,454 of 3,599

Quote:
I have never heard of Yamamoto.  Interesting amps.  

Yeah, I know there are plenty of recommended amps.  I am just frustrated.  I know what I want, it is just hard to find it.  When I listen for a long time, I like to turn the volume down.  I hate hearing the amps hum, the background noise, etc.  But, get something quiet and you cannot drive some headphones well.  I just want a tube amp that drives everything well, with no background noise.

Edit:  Judging from the specs, these headphones are pretty sensitive.  I will know for sure sometime this week.

The Zana Deux SE is one of the quietest tube amps I've ever used. The designer uses Audio-Technica headphones to check for background noise levels, so there's absolutely no hum with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back