New FiiO M11S Player with dual ES9038Q2M DACs, 670mW output power and 14 hours of battery life
Jan 11, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #286 of 641
Apparently the problem with cutting off the beginning of songs on some albums is related to the way the cover art is used. If you use an image file for the cover inside a folder where the music files already have the album image integrated by some tag editing program, there may be problems in the reproduction of the songs.

I'm using the MP3Tag program and editing the tags with JPG image files in 800x800 resolution (approximate size of 90kb).

Jan 12, 2023 at 1:21 AM Post #287 of 641
Some shots of the FiiO leather case. I think it looks great.

IMG_0298.jpeg
IMG_0299.jpeg
IMG_0300.jpeg
IMG_0301.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #288 of 641
Received my M11s today and really like it apart from an issue when using Tidal. Even though it's set to stream and download at MQA, some tracks only play at HiFi quality. However if you change the settings to HiFi it's plays the same track at MQA quality?? And this changes depending on what track you play!
Any help much appreciated.

Jan 12, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #289 of 641
Recebi meus M11s hoje e gostei muito, exceto por um problema ao usar o Tidal. Embora esteja configurado para transmitir e baixar no MQA, algumas faixas são reproduzidas apenas com qualidade HiFi. No entanto, se você alterar as configurações para HiFi, a mesma faixa será reproduzida com qualidade MQA? E isso muda dependendo da faixa que você toca!
Qualquer ajuda muito apreciada.

This issue is related to the Tidal streaming service itself. It is possible to see this inconsistency in the files through the USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP) app.

Jan 12, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #291 of 641
Is there a pre-installed equalizer software that will work with Spotify/Tidal?

Or is there one that anyone would recommend?

Thank you!

Both Wavelet and Poweramp Equalizer apps work on my M11 Plus with Spotify and Tidal and I would expect the same for M11S. Note that with Tidal, MQA rendering is disabled when any EQ is applied.

Jan 12, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #293 of 641
Received my M11s today and really like it apart from an issue when using Tidal. Even though it's set to stream and download at MQA, some tracks only play at HiFi quality. However if you change the settings to HiFi it's plays the same track at MQA quality?? And this changes depending on what track you play!
Any help much appreciated.
Tidal is not supported in Japan so I can’t use! SMFH! Sorry for the language…

Jan 16, 2023 at 1:49 AM Post #296 of 641
About to pull the trigger on an M11S in about a month.

Airplay support and fast CPU (smooth user experience) are what convinced me in the end.

Now, before I make a grave mistake, can someone confirm for me that the airplay will actually work with my speaker? :D

I have an old Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air that I would love to use with airplay.
Has anyone had any experience with this speaker?
Is the AirPlay still laggy?
Does the FiiO M11S work in Airplay with the Zeppelin?

Some day, I will get a newer Zeppelin with proper wireless compatibility, but it's gonna be a few years until then.
But I never had a device with Airplay before, so I'm a bit confused here :)

Jan 19, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #298 of 641
But why did they resort to such a simple case after the works of art sold for EVERY other FiiO?
The M17, M15, M11, M11 Plus, etc.

They all had cases like this: (more exotic and probably also lighter due to those cutouts)

Attachments

• SK-M11_Plus.jpg
    SK-M11_Plus.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back