New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion
Apr 14, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #3,167 of 5,077
Got another issue.
Have the DFR and not sure why it's not working on my IPhone 6S all of a sudden today. It works on my PC fine and I tested it. Both sets of cans are fine too.
On the phone when everything is connected along with the cans, the audio only comes through the phone speaker.
I believe it could only be 2 issues. I did something in the phone settings in set up or the lightning camera kit adapter went bad all of a sudden.
I was messing around in the settings on my phone and might have done something I'm unaware of. I went through everything but could be missing something.
Any ideas?

Apr 15, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #3,168 of 5,077
Got another issue.
Have the DFR and not sure why it's not working on my IPhone 6S all of a sudden today. It works on my PC fine and I tested it. Both sets of cans are fine too.
On the phone when everything is connected along with the cans, the audio only comes through the phone speaker.
I believe it could only be 2 issues. I did something in the phone settings in set up or the lightning camera kit adapter went bad all of a sudden.
I was messing around in the settings on my phone and might have done something I'm unaware of. I went through everything but could be missing something.
Any ideas?

In these situations it's often the CCK that's packed up. Do you have another device, such as a camera with a USB port, that you can attach to the CCK to see if it really is the CCK at fault.

I doubt it's anything to do with the settings on the iPhone - I don't even think you can do anything in the settings that will alter the behaviour of USB audio devices.

Another thing to bear in mind is that since iOS 10.3 a lot of people have been experiencing problems with USB audio devices in general.

Apr 15, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #3,170 of 5,077
In these situations it's often the CCK that's packed up. Do you have another device, such as a camera with a USB port, that you can attach to the CCK to see if it really is the CCK at fault.

I doubt it's anything to do with the settings on the iPhone - I don't even think you can do anything in the settings that will alter the behaviour of USB audio devices.

Another thing to bear in mind is that since iOS 10.3 a lot of people have been experiencing problems with USB audio devices in general.

Thanx for the reply. Unfortunately this happened the day before I updated to IOS 10.3.
I was hoping when i installed the update this would fix it but it didn't. I don't have anything else to test the DFR on but again, it worked on my PC. Needless to say I'm not too happy as I've only had it a week.
It's gotta be the LCK.
Any other ideas?

Apr 15, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #3,171 of 5,077
Thanx for the reply. Unfortunately this happened the day before I updated to IOS 10.3.
I was hoping when i installed the update this would fix it but it didn't. I don't have anything else to test the DFR on but again, it worked on my PC. Needless to say I'm not too happy as I've only had it a week.
It's gotta be the LCK.
Any other ideas?

Try the quick menu. Does the Dragonfly show up there?

Apr 15, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #3,173 of 5,077
No it doesn't. Looks just like the screenshot you sent. So it's not detecting it. What next swammi?

I just realized it should look like this if the DFR isn't put in my phone? Or should it already show that this device has been detected in the past?

Apr 15, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #3,174 of 5,077
It will show the Dragonfly only if it's plugged in if you hit the down arrow. It does not remember previously connected devices. I'd say your cck is the problem.
Head to an Apple Store if you can and test it with one of theirs.
Maybe connect a USB thumb drive to the cck and see if it recognises it.

Apr 15, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #3,177 of 5,077
It does detect it. It's model A1619.
I'm confused man.
Could my DFR be defected after it worked great for a week since I've had it?

It just dawned on me. There was an update for the CCK and I installed it. I believe it hasn't worked since. Not sure how I can go back in an uninstall that update. I'm willing to bet that's the issue. Am I off base?

Apr 15, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #3,178 of 5,077
It just dawned on me. There was an update for the CCK and I installed it. I believe it hasn't worked since. Not sure how I can go back in an uninstall that update. I'm willing to bet that's the issue. Am I off base?

To clarify - the 1441 is a version of the old CCK. A1619 is a model of the newer USB-3 CCK. And you are correct - there was an update. Several people here have complained that it had an effect on the sound, but to my knowledge you are the first (unfortunately for you) to have it fail completely.

I would second the suggestion of bringing it in to the Apple Store.

Apr 15, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #3,179 of 5,077
To clarify - the 1441 is a version of the old CCK. A1619 is a model of the newer USB-3 CCK. And you are correct - there was an update. Several people here have complained that it had an effect on the sound, but to my knowledge you are the first (unfortunately for you) to have it fail completely.

I would second the suggestion of bringing it in to the Apple Store.

Thanx guys. An update that screws up your devices. Nice!
I guess I'll head to the Apple Store when I can. Thanks for the help to you both.

Apr 15, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #3,180 of 5,077
Go into Settings>General>About. It should show ur CCk. If it's Model A441, it's not supported anymore.

My USB2 CCK still works on my old iPhone 6 - model no. A1440 FW 1.0.0 and HW 1.0.0 so I don't think it is so clear cut what works and what does not. Sometimes with the USB2 CCK, I do get the occasional interference hence I also have a USB3 CCK that I have not updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back