New - Cowon Plenue S
Aug 18, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #721 of 1,158
Hi everyone,

I received my plenue S today and despite the fact that the sound is great , I just saw that the screen is like "burned" with the Play, previous & next symbol of the theme a and a few other things.
Does anyone of you have those kind of problems with the screen or is it a defect on my unit or will it disappear (magical screen
frown.gif
)?

Thank you for your help .

Strange. Haven't had that problem. This seems to imply that the screen was on for a long time. Was it a demo unit?

Can you post a picture?

Aug 22, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #723 of 1,158
Aug 23, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #724 of 1,158
Selling my Plenue S in the classifieds if anyone is interested:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/818013/cowon-plenue-s-dap-in-mint-condition

Love the DAP as you've seen from my many posts here, but I want to put more money into my speaker setup and listening room right now.

Aug 23, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #725 of 1,158
  Selling my Plenue S in the classifieds if anyone is interested:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/818013/cowon-plenue-s-dap-in-mint-condition

Love the DAP as you've seen from my many posts here, but I want to put more money into my speaker setup and listening room right now.

​Wish it's Thanksgiving. I would totally buy it, but I promised myself to hold my GAS until Black Friday. Good luck with the sale.

Aug 24, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #726 of 1,158

​Wish it's Thanksgiving. I would totally buy it, but I promised myself to hold my GAS until Black Friday. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks, man. Probably a good call as all the best CIEM manufacturers go nuts on Black Friday. Anything you got your eye on?

I feel sort of strange selling the S as I really love the damn thing, but I was only using it when traveling. Speakers have always been my first love, and now that I've moved into a house I finally have the space again to set up a listening room without having to worry about driving my girlfriend up a wall (or out the front door!).

Aug 24, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #727 of 1,158
Thanks, man. Probably a good call as all the best CIEM manufacturers go nuts on Black Friday. Anything you got your eye on?

I feel sort of strange selling the S as I really love the damn thing, but I was only using it when traveling. Speakers have always been my first love, and now that I've moved into a house I finally have the space again to set up a listening room without having to worry about driving my girlfriend up a wall (or out the front door!).

I have it narrowed down to the Zeus, Adel A12, or K10. I don't feel any of them is going to be much better than my ES60, but I want something different. It's interesting how most headfiers are either speaker, headphone or IEM centric. I'm an IEMer mostly because i have young kids.

Aug 25, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #728 of 1,158

man thats so funny, why men take music seriously and go above and beyond while our wives or girlfriends the first thing that we argue about is music after being together for a while. It seems they have a different need for music than men, they are missing out so much :)

i gave up on my wife trying to make her get into iems and headphones and home systems, failed and i will not care anymore to get her into that

Aug 25, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #729 of 1,158
I have it narrowed down to the Zeus, Adel A12, or K10. I don't feel any of them is going to be much better than my ES60, but I want something different. It's interesting how most headfiers are either speaker, headphone or IEM centric. I'm an IEMer mostly because i have young kids.

get the zeus r and do not look back, i had the u12 and honestly I find the zeus r way more engaging with being better across the board. The only real contender to zeus r was the ref1, but i had few issues with it in the highs and mids

Aug 25, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #730 of 1,158
  man thats so funny, why men take music seriously and go above and beyond while our wives or girlfriends the first thing that we argue about is music after being together for a while. It seems they have a different need for music than men, they are missing out so much :)

i gave up on my wife trying to make her get into iems and headphones and home systems, failed and i will not care anymore to get her into that

My girlfriend definitely has benefited from my audio hobbies, although I wouldn't say she's anything more than a fan of good-sounding audio. When we first moved in together I gave her my beloved UE700, which she accidentally let our Roomba eat. Then I bought her the Rockit R-50 which was a nice, neutral IEM that she really liked. Once she broke those (inevitable as the build quality wasn't awesome), I got her the Aurisonics Rockets, which IMO are the best IEMs under $500. She loves those, and they're relatively indestructible with a lifetime warranty. She uses her iPhone 6S as a source with Google Music streaming and is happy as a clam. Must be nice to be able to stop at that level and not constantly be bogged down in a quest for the "perfect" sound!

Other than that I'll have her sit down and listen to my speakers after I'm trying a new amp or track just to get the usual "wow, sounds great" reaction. 
tongue.gif

Aug 25, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #731 of 1,158

Yeah I was originally an IEM'er, but I've just always loved the full-body experience and the soundstage and placement you get with speakers. Sadly it's the most expensive of the audio hobbies by far once you get beyond the good entry-level stuff, and also requires a full room and tolerant neighbors or good soundproofing. I can imagine with kids how that'd be an impossibility for multiple reasons.

You'll love the Zeus-R if you go that route. This particular thread is probably biased since so many of us own them and the Plenue S, but it's truly hard for me to believe that anyone would dislike them. I know the K10 is legendary around these parts, but I owned the universal aluminum version which were promptly sold after I auditioned the Zeus. They're a very similar warm/crowdpleasing sound signature, but the Zeus just takes treble definition and tonality to another level while being smooth and nonfatiguing. The K10 sounded downright hashy and indistinct comparatively. The K10 is fantastic, but to my ears the Zeus is a clear step above and well worth the extra dough. I've simply not heard a better IEM.

Aug 27, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #733 of 1,158

Would you describe the S + Zeus combo as very analog, lush, thick like the P1? After listening to enough IEMs and DAPs, I realized that sound quality it's not necessary clarity, soundstage. For me it's the richness of sound and the punchiness of the entire spectrum. Good IEM + DAP combo makes music "pop" with lifelike energy. The P1 + ES60 combo has just that amazing synergy and for most is probably TOTL/end-game portable setup. I feel the S and Zeus may be an upgrade. 

Aug 27, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #734 of 1,158
soon be be an owner of cowon plenue s, so i will also get the effect audio eros balanced cable

i have a question is there an adapter to use the converts the 3.5 mm balanced plug to a regular single ended plug so i can you the same cable on the mojo as well, i want something that if of great quality and does not affect sound negatively

Aug 27, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #735 of 1,158
  soon be be an owner of cowon plenue s, so i will also get the effect audio eros balanced cable

i have a question is there an adapter to use the converts the 3.5 mm balanced plug to a regular single ended plug so i can you the same cable on the mojo as well, i want something that if of great quality and does not affect sound negatively

We offer Micro Series adapters that convert from 3.5mm TRRS balanced to 3.5mm TRS single ended:
http://www.plussoundaudio.com/customcables/interconnect.html

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back