New - Cowon Plenue S
Aug 6, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #691 of 1,158
Rereading his post and not sure if this applies to me

For instance: I just downloaded The Who's "Who's Next" it is 3.5MB but has over 25 songs and Soudgarden's "Superunknown" in DSD  2.9 MB but has many songs.  Is he just referring to classical passage where 1 "song" is over 2MG.  I am not a computer guy so I am just inferring.  Is anyone having problems with larger albums over 3MB?

Any help is greatly appreciated  

Aug 7, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #692 of 1,158

Has anyone experienced this problem indicated above with large files losing their tags?

I use many large DSD files and I am getting ready to purchase this DAP.  I would not want to have this issue.  It is an older post so maybe it has been solved with a firmware update?

HELP?  I just picked out a balanced cable and purchased the Plenue S.  I might be able to stop shipment, if this is still an issue????  
confused.gif

For instance: I just downloaded The Who's "Who's Next" it is 3.5MB but has over 25 songs and Soudgarden's "Superunknown" in DSD  2.9 MB but many songs.  Is he just referring to classical passage where 1 "song" is over 2MG.  I am not a computer guy so I am just inferring.  Is anyone having problems with larger albums over 3MB?

The problem is not solved yet, since the current firmware is still Ver 1.1

Are you sure you don't have the MB and GB mixed up?

The problem I am referring to is for one single song that is greater than 2GB in size, not 2MB.
The only time this happens is for files such as DXD or DSD256 that is over 10 minutes long, which is extremely rare and probably never tested by Cowon.

Aug 7, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #693 of 1,158

For instance: I just downloaded The Who's "Who's Next" it is 3.5MB but has over 25 songs and Soudgarden's "Superunknown" in DSD  2.9 MB but many songs.  Is he just referring to classical passage where 1 "song" is over 2MG.  I am not a computer guy so I am just inferring.  Is anyone having problems with larger albums over 3MB?

You mean GB, not MB.   
A lossy-compressed single song, in mp3, will be in the 1-10MB range.  DSD tracks with dsd, dsf, dff, iso, and other file names (instead of mp3, flac, wav, aiff, etc) can be very huge, with a single song or classical piece being hundreds of MB, and albums being in the gigabytes.  

Aug 7, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #695 of 1,158
Thanks for the replies yes I meant GB 
frown.gif
  sorry about that. I got a little panicky after dropping close to 2K and mistakenly thinking the PS would not take some of my favorite albums in the top format.  Glad to see this won't apply to my situation.  Order for balanced cable has been placed with plussound and order for Plenue S has not been canceled. I'll give my comparison of the Plenue S compared to the Mojo and Fiio combo soon after the balanced cable is received. 

More of classic rock guy than a classical.  I have The Rolling Stones "Let it Bleed" in DSD and the longest song is only 7:28  (You Can't Always Get What You Want), so it should not be a problem.

OT.. Christian from plussound is great to deal with. Amazing customer service.  If the balanced IEM cable is half as good as the customer service, I'll be a happy guy.

Thanks again. Sorry for the confusion.  

Aug 7, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #696 of 1,158
Thanks for the replies yes I meant GB :frowning2:   sorry about that. I got a little panicky after dropping close to 2K and mistakenly thinking the PS would not take some of my favorite albums in the top format.  Glad to see this won't apply to my situation.  Order for balanced cable has been placed with plussound and order for Plenue S has not been canceled. I'll give my comparison of the Plenue S compared to the Mojo and Fiio combo soon after the balanced cable is received. 

More of classic rock guy than a classical.  I have The Rolling Stones "Let it Bleed" in DSD and the longest song is only 7:28  (You Can't Always Get What You Want), so it should not be a problem.

OT.. Christian from plussound is great to deal with. Amazing customer service.  If the balanced IEM cable is half as good as the customer service, I'll be a happy guy.

Thanks again. Sorry for the confusion.  
Plussound cables are built to last.

Aug 9, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #699 of 1,158
I've been listening to the S for about 24 hrs. now and I'm just blown away at how good it sounds and how versatile the EQ is...really good synergy with Hugo and ALO CDM.

i am so confused why would use the alo cdm and hugo with such an expensive dap

when i see that people are still stacking such an expensive dap with an external dac/amp I start to assume something is not to expectation

if i still have to use an external dac/amp with such an expensive dap I would not even think of getting it to act as only a transport as simply i could just use a cheap transport to an external dac/amp and get the same result

Aug 9, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #701 of 1,158
i am so confused why would use the alo cdm and hugo with such an expensive dap

when i see that people are still stacking such an expensive dap with an external dac/amp I start to assume something is not to expectation

if i still have to use an external dac/amp with such an expensive dap I would not even think of getting it to act as only a transport as simply i could just use a cheap transport to an external dac/amp and get the same result
I'm not talking about necessity, I'm just mentioning the different flavors I added in my initial listening. It sounds incredible stand alone, but I also ran it through these dac/amps and it sounded awesome also.

Aug 9, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #702 of 1,158
I've been listening to the S for about 24 hrs. now and I'm just blown away at how good it sounds and how versatile the EQ is...really good synergy with Hugo and ALO CDM.

Nice

How does the PS and Hugo compare to the PS alone?  Are you using a balanced cable out of the Plenue S ?  The Balanced HP output is where the device is supposed to shine.  Enjoy!!!

Aug 9, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #704 of 1,158
I totally understand Sound Eq...it's a ridiculous setup and certainly not an on-the-go piece that you stick in your pocket.

I'm listening to IEM's (Rhapsodio Solar, Oriolus MK2, Roxanne, Original acrylic K10's) using a 2.5mm AK-TRRS w/an Aclear Porta ...and the SQ is indescribably awesome! I've only had it for a day or so and I still need to dink w/the UI to fully understand it. The UI BTW is AWESOME! Lag-free and smooth.

Aug 10, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #705 of 1,158
For previous owners of the P1, is the verdict still that the S sounds very similar? Some improvement in soundstage and amp power. I only use IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back