NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Dec 18, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #3,361 of 3,483
I remember, going back maybe 5 or 6 years, there was a vendor on Ali selling earphones that had the SHURE logo on them. They didn't claim they were Shure knock-offs but it was obvious. Head-fi permanently banned the store from ever being mentioned on this site, as well as the in-house brands they sold. I think most Ali vendors get it and keep any knock-offs off their listings made available for the international audience, but I still wouldn't trust it if they claimed they were authentic.
I am sure they all want to keep the best reputation possible among the international audience.

Those cables on the other hand, probably from the same factory.

Dec 18, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #3,363 of 3,483
Really interesting fellas.
Thank you. Always nice to hear a cheaper alternative cause that Atlas stock cable goes for about 350 USD.
😳

Dec 18, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #3,364 of 3,483
The Linsoul copper cable goes for 36$ USD.
fantastic build quality. I use it for the streets. :wink: AB714012-510D-4FBC-86E8-9CB5BF054E0C.jpegB2C49550-A803-4E7C-9A70-05511F33E582.jpeg58FDFF80-1869-49FE-868E-B71B9F95DB26.jpeg

Jan 16, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #3,365 of 3,483
Really interesting fellas.
Thank you. Always nice to hear a cheaper alternative cause that Atlas stock cable goes for about 350 USD.
😳

Just picked up the Atlas on sale for $699 and I'm shocked to see that the cable goes for $250 USD

https://campfireaudio.com/shop/pure-silver-litz-cable/

You had me bugging thinking $350 cause that would be half of what I paid... and to think my first
listening session made me swap out the stock cable for a norne therium (balanced)... :astonished:

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #3,366 of 3,483
Just picked up the Atlas on sale for $699 and I'm shocked to see that the cable goes for $250 USD

https://campfireaudio.com/shop/pure-silver-litz-cable/

You had me bugging thinking $350 cause that would be half of what I paid... and to think my first
listening session made me swap out the stock cable for a norne therium (balanced)... :astonished:
Have a look at Ali Express! It’s not entirely shure if it’s genuine but you can get it for 69 there and some people have stated it’s the real deal!

Jan 16, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #3,367 of 3,483
Jan 16, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #3,368 of 3,483
I would just like to add again how I personally found the SXC8 to be the best for Atlas.

Even better then higher end Palladium + Silver ones imo

Jan 16, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #3,369 of 3,483

WTH!!!! I dunno about that... but Campfire/ALO doesn't mention if their cables are Made in the USA... :thinking:
Hell even the iems say "Designed and Assembled in Portland, Oregon USA." that's not the same as "MADE in the USA"
Sad if all the ALO cables are outsourced to China... may salty pepper rest in peace...:slight_frown:

I would just like to add again how I personally found the SXC8 to be the best for Atlas.

Even better then higher end Palladium + Silver ones imo

those are $350 but I think I'll stick with my norne theriums...

Jan 17, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #3,371 of 3,483
Very microphonic cable with IEMs.
I have the ref8 and I was insulted how microphonic it was, since marketing claims "keeping microphonics to minimum" which is lightyears beyond what I can tolerate. Random ali cables without such bold claims do better. Hell, my clothes line is less microphonic without effort. Sorry for the rant, but for such a reputable cable company I didn't expect bleeding edge antymicro tech, just something slightly above absolutely average? I can hear random dog barks from two blocks away on this waste of metal.

Feb 18, 2021 at 10:48 PM Post #3,372 of 3,483
HI Everyone! I hope you are doing well!

I recently ordered Thieaudio Clairvoyance and with a sale on Atlas I can buy them instead (after cancelling Clairvoyance).
I love bass and I was going to use CLAIR with XBASS on IFI HIP DAC. But since atlas already have great bass, I am considering buying these instead. But how do they hold up in technical performance with tribids such as clairvoyance having dynamic, BA and EST drivers? especially in 2021 with all these new releases.
For you reference, a lot of people regard Clairvoyance and Monarch as 90% close to UM Mest (Not sure)

I know more drivers don't mean better sound but will these hold up great in terms of technicalities such as details imaging and soundstage?

I have saved up money and cant afford to buy multiple sets, and there is no way of testing them personally.

I am new to the hobby, I would be grateful for you help!
(not sure if anyone knows these but FYI - I love the bass on BLON 03 and the treble on BGVP DM6 is too harsh for me.)

I listen to mostly EDM, some pop and hip hop (occasional Linkin park and mostly HINDI/Punjabi Songs (they have multiple instruments like guitars, Tabla, Piano etc. and male/female vocals)

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2021 at 11:52 PM Post #3,373 of 3,483
The tre

I recently ordered Thieaudio Clairvoyance and with a sale on Atlas I can buy them instead (after cancelling Clairvoyance).
I love bass and I was going to use CLAIR with XBASS on IFI HIP DAC. But since atlas already have great bass, I am considering buying these instead. But how do they hold up in technical performance with tribids such as clairvoyance having dynamic, BA and EST drivers? especially in 2021 with all these new releases.
For you reference, a lot of people regard Clairvoyance and Monarch as 90% close to UM Mest (Not sure)

I know more drivers don't mean better sound but will these hold up great in terms of technicalities such as details imaging and soundstage?

I have saved up money and cant afford to buy multiple sets, and there is no way of testing them personally.

(not sure if anyone knows these but FYI - I love the bass on BLON 03 and the treble on BGVP DM6 is too harsh for me.)

I listen to mostly EDM, some pop and hip hop (occasional Linkin park and mostly HINDI/Punjabi Songs (they have multiple instruments like guitars, Tabla, Piano etc. and male/female vocals)

I found the treble on the Atlas harsh and bit metallic at times...that was my only real gripe with it. What's the Atlas on sale for...$800? Honestly if I were you, based on the best information I've come across, you'd be well advised to just spend a bit of extra on the Dorado 2020, or even look at the Vega 2020.

Feb 18, 2021 at 11:56 PM Post #3,374 of 3,483

I'd go with the Rock here and I highly recommend trying the Vega 2020 first!

Feb 19, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #3,375 of 3,483
The tre

I found the treble on the Atlas harsh and bit metallic at times...that was my only real gripe with it. What's the Atlas on sale for...$800? Honestly if I were you, based on the best information I've come across, you'd be well advised to just spend a bit of extra on the Dorado 2020, or even look at the Vega 2020.
Thank you for the reply!

How would you compare Atlas or Vega 2020's Technical capabilities like details, imaging and soundstage as compared to multiple driver sets like MEST, EE Legend Andromeda?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back