NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Nov 30, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #3,091 of 3,483
Haven’t seen it said: also remember they need a long good burn, after which they reach a very balanced sig. They’ll throw you off if you don’t!
Totally agree. You like em new, you’ll love em to death a year later. Whereas I could find faults early due to heavy and broad bass signature, the mids and treble shine equally now. Beautiful hi fi for iems!

Dec 1, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #3,093 of 3,483
Campfire's website currently lists Atlas for $400 off the normal price...and both of their Canadian distributors seem to have stopped carrying it...I wonder if this is a sign an update or new model is in the works.

Dec 1, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #3,095 of 3,483
I have no idea how so many of you can use silicone tips with the Atlas, without it being ruined by driver flex issues. I have tried so many, but have conceded and ended up going with foams.

Dec 1, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #3,096 of 3,483
I have no idea how so many of you can use silicone tips with the Atlas, without it being ruined by driver flex issues. I have tried so many, but have conceded and ended up going with foams.

It takes some time to adapt to, just try a size smaller than your fit as advised and keep using it for a couple of days.

when i first got it, sometimes i kept reinserting it for over 20 times and yet there was driver flex, so i found it easier to go with foams. but after praise i heard with spiral dots i just kept using it everyday with a bit of hassle at first and re-adjusting. but now it works for me from first time or second at max.

Dec 2, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #3,097 of 3,483
Am i the only one in here excited about the bass on my arrivimg Atlas? Is it really excessive? I mean i am using 14mm DD IMR R1 Zenith Bass canons and as long as i use spiral dots it does wonders. Seperates that bass without bleeding into midrange. And all higher fr seems to be wide open airy and unaffected. While keeping all the low end juice and impact.

I dont see how see how 10mm DD can overdo bass worse than R1-Z. Apart from maybe the fact that i use Zeniths with fully open ports.

Dec 2, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #3,098 of 3,483
Am i the only one in here excited about the bass on my arrivimg Atlas? Is it really excessive? I mean i am using 14mm DD IMR R1 Zenith Bass canons and as long as i use spiral dots it does wonders. Seperates that bass without bleeding into midrange. And all higher fr seems to be wide open airy and unaffected. While keeping all the low end juice and impact.

I dont see how see how 10mm DD can overdo bass worse than R1-Z. Apart from maybe the fact that i use Zeniths with fully open ports.

I don’t think the bass is excessive at all on the atlas. Give it some seasoning time and it sounds very balanced to my ears. At first it can seem a bit overwhelming but the sound changes dramatically after about 100 hours

Dec 2, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #3,099 of 3,483
I don’t think the bass is excessive at all on the atlas. Give it some seasoning time and it sounds very balanced to my ears. At first it can seem a bit overwhelming but the sound changes dramatically after about 100 hours
Well i do hope they are not balanced lol. 1 of main selling point was their bass. I want good sub bass extension, good control and quantity.
What i dont want is mid bass dominant lower end which makes it sound like rain-pipe. Or mid-bleeding muddy bass.

Of course i doubt this is likely at this price range and all the praise that comes with Atlas.

What i am concerned about is that my Rah with 15mm will outperform it in lower end. And who knows maybe evwn in higher FR with its dedicated planar drive.

Hopefully they can compliment each other. And i keep both. Until IMR will start producing my possible end game - R3 Semper;

• Quad hybrid array
  • The hybrid array consists of 15mm Aten hybrid ceramic driver + dual electrostatic driver + Planar magnetic
  • Frequency response: 7- 70000Hz
  • Ship date November 2020
  • Pre order launch September 2020
  • Price £1100.00 + Shipping
  • Pre order deposit £300.00 with the balance payable month prior to shipping
  • Limited to 150 units and won’t be made again.

Dec 2, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #3,100 of 3,483
Well i do hope they are not balanced lol. 1 of main selling point was their bass. I want good sub bass extension, good control and quantity.
What i dont want is mid bass dominant lower end which makes it sound like rain-pipe. Or mid-bleeding muddy bass.

Of course i doubt this is likely at this price range and all the praise that comes with Atlas.

What i am concerned about is that my Rah with 15mm will outperform it in lower end. And who knows maybe evwn in higher FR with its dedicated planar drive.

Hopefully they can compliment each other. And i keep both. Until IMR will start producing my possible end game - R3 Semper;

• Quad hybrid array
  • The hybrid array consists of 15mm Aten hybrid ceramic driver + dual electrostatic driver + Planar magnetic
  • Frequency response: 7- 70000Hz
  • Ship date November 2020
  • Pre order launch September 2020
  • Price £1100.00 + Shipping
  • Pre order deposit £300.00 with the balance payable month prior to shipping
  • Limited to 150 units and won’t be made again.

I think you misinterpreted the “balanced” wording in my comment. Balanced as in it doesn’t overwhelm the treble and the mids are still present. But I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. The atlas is extremely addictive.

Dec 3, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #3,102 of 3,483
Campfire's website currently lists Atlas for $400 off the normal price...and both of their Canadian distributors seem to have stopped carrying it...I wonder if this is a sign an update or new model is in the works.

I am wondering that myself, since I’ve been waiting for 3 weeks ever since I’ve decided on wanting the Atlas. I live in Canada and I think I’m up for quite a wait.

My Atlas is in UK now but i dont think i will be getting earlier then Monday.... Bugger..

well congrats at least on securing an order. :)
It is more than I can say. Lol.
Bit of a wait from Headphones.com for me to get them cause I have “trade in” value with my current IO’s.

Dec 3, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #3,104 of 3,483
Jan 4, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #3,105 of 3,483
I took advantage of the B-Stock New Year deal and will have the Atlas here on Monday. I'm looking forward to them! I think they're going to replace my Noble Dulce Bass IEMs... we'll see.

I'm wondering if the now $900 price is simply an adjustment given the release of the Solaris, Equinox, and Solstice? It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back